It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***20 Astral Projection Myths Busted***

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i have a question to those of you who have been able to achieve astral projection through meditation etc.

were you afraid when your left the physical body? and how do you get over the fear?

i was very interested in astral projection when i was in high school. i had been working on it for a few weeks, every night before bed. i had tried a couple different techniques but nothing was working. so a friend of mine from school told me to try his method. which was to just visualize your spirit body hovering above your physical one, and focus on transferring your consciousness to the spirit body above you. so that technique actually brought me some results. i was working on projecting focusing very hard on shifting my consciousness when i started to feel a very intense, but not painful, tingling/vibration that started in my toes and feet and VERY rapidly started going right up my legs. i was really startled and i freaked right out. lost all my focus and it ended up being another failed attempt. i havent been able to get that close since then, and i know its because im scared.

so im just wondering if others were afraid and how they got over that fear...

thanks!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by above

i agree that the comment on drugs was laughable. sorry to the OP (and i guess also to the author of the article) but yes, many many cultures around the world use psychedelics to project themselves into the other worlds...ie, '___', ayahuasca, etc.

but i can confidently say that astral projection, the existence of other worlds/realms/universes, whatever you want to call it, definitely exist. i've known this to be true for years. science is trying to find out about this. if you know a bit about quantum mechanics, there is a theory called the "many worlds interpretation" its very interesting and i definitely recommend looking into it
even if you dont want to believe it, its still some food for thought. so obviously this is a concept thats not an equivalent to believing in santa claus. you dont see many scientists trying to prove him, right? here's a link to some information about the quantum mechanics many worlds interpretation. plato.stanford.edu...
i dont exactly consider this to be "mainstream science" either. its not like the climate change issue. this is not a politically charged issue. This is people expanding their ideas and thinking of new possibilities. because you know what they say! great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and simple people talk about people!

[edit on 11-12-2009 by devilishlyangelic23]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by devilishlyangelic23]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

You just have to stay conscious throughout the whole experience. What I mean is, accept that you are imagining this wonderful experience, and allow it to flow through you. There's nothing to fear about it. I think the first step is actually lucid dreaming, where you become aware of your regular dreams. I had this since a child.

Just remember, you're not going to die or experience anything you're not ready for. It's a way to learn from your subconscious, and experience things that you couldn't in waking life. As soon as you fear, the state is lost. Just don't fear.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

thank you for your reply
i have experienced lucid dreaming quite a bit, especially lately. one dream i had, i remember it was a bad one. in the middle of it, i just stopped and stood there looking up yelling "WAKE UP!!!" lol. and i woke up

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
excellent information, highlyoriginal!

thanks for posting this.
from personal experience, i would say that it is all reliable and accurate information!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Yep, no problem
Glad some people found this of interest.

And whoever said the whole thing about "drugs being laughable" you should know I have used drugs heavily my whole life, up until my spiritual awakening. I've used one drug since then, and I think that will be my last. I learned that drugs/alcohol inhibit you from gaining as much information as you can while sober. Even when you are tripping and you think "Holy S**t! This is an incredible experience!" Well guess what? It could all be a hallucination and not an actual spiritual experience. Now I'm not saying you cannot have a spiritual experience while high (I've done more psychedelics than you can name, many synthetics as well) but if you do some reading, you'll come to find out that the body's toxins can damper your spiritual experiences, and getting rid of them is a step for the good. So laugh all you want - but when you're laying on the floor with your eyes rolling to the back of your head confused I'll simply be meditating

[edit on 13-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Excellent. You'll know when you hit the next "level" of experience. It's very vivid, can seem intense at times, and will always serve some purpose. Your goal is to unlock this meaning, or overcome whatever obstacle is set in front of you.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I just wanted to say that it is not required that you learn to lucid dream before you learn to astral project. There is techniques out there that will teach you to do so, but it's all up to the individual on what way they learn. Some of the reading I've done has said it's easier to astral project if you can lucid dream using their techniques (I can maybe find the text if anyone wants it just U2U me).

Good luck to you all though trying to astral project! Any more questions just make a post.

Peace & Light to you all

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My OBE's have been very beautiful, but scary. I had trouble not being scared back into my body.

Here's something I always ask people with similar experiences though: Do you experience a violent vibration, as if you are being shaken from your body? I have this every time and it is hard to not be scared into stopping right there.

I also have never gotten very far in my experiences. My farthest was by far the most beautiful. I sort of rolled out of the side of my house and floated around my yard. The world was the same, just much more beautiful. I looked directly into the sun and it was incredible. I saw a man mowing the yard next door. I felt like my normal body, only it was just from under my armpits to the top of my head. I really can't describe the warmth and glowing sensation I felt.

My other OBE's have been vaguely confusing. I felt like I was drunk and kind of running into things. It was hard to tell if it was my body or not. They were still quite comforting though.

I surely can't prove that these were dreams, but I know within myself that they were true projections of my spirit.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

The violent vibrations you feel are normal although I wouldn't call them violent (at least for me). What you need to do to make your experiences better/more clear is get rid of the fear and doubts in your mind.

I know it's much easier said than done, but you can do it by using meditation techniques and at the same time doing breathing techniques. This will get you very calm and into the trance state you need to be in prior to going out of body.

This is a good website that has a lot of different meditation techniques.

Also, before you start to try to go out of body, talking out loud or in your mind saying things such as "I would appreciate it if my spirit guides could help me get out of body and surround me with love and light."

Or you can say whatever you wish. Not only will saying some sort of mantra before going astral help you (because spirit guides will respond to your requests) but they also relieve the mind of most fears.

I still get scared sometimes when I start to leave my body... the sensation is a bit overwhelming, but I usually can prevent myself from snapping back to my physical body with focusing on the astral realm, the light, and vibrations.

Honestly if you feel the vibrations starting you know you are just 1 step away from going astral, so at that point your body is asleep and your mind is awake [Focus 10 - Mind Asleep / Body Awake. At that time just try and stay as calm as possible, it's normal to feel excited/overwhelmed/scared but the more you practice the more you get used to this sensation. Even the seasoned projector has times where fear gets in the way of having a successful or long projection. Once you are in your astral body just remember you can always ask for help from your spirit guides, and you can also leave the area you are at (let's say for example something is scaring you) simply by raising your vibration level (which is something you should practice as much as you can).

Hope that helps

*forgot to add, having any doubts about what you are trying to attempt (OOBE) will hinder your experience or more than likely keep it from happening at all. So once again, meditate! Clear your mind and make sure this is what you want, believe in, need, etc... If you have pure intentions for going to the astral realm you will get there!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join