It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***20 Astral Projection Myths Busted***

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, i think this (the OP) is as "factual" as arguing if santa and his elves or heaven/hell actually exists.

One thing that i noticed to be pure and utter bull- is that drugs harm you and make you loose control. Yes there are drugs that harm you, but there are also drugs that make you grow psychologically (ever heard of magic mushrooms or ayahuasca to name a few?)

Every culture on earth has a history of spiritual drug use, since they allow you to enter states of consciousness not available otherwise.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by above]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Interesting thread.

I'm Catholic so I would still be leary about demonic possession and meeting negative entities. This has made me reluctant to investigate this further.

It is interesting that they say astral projection strenthen's faith. If someone's faith includes angels and demons, would astral projection reinforce this belief? Are these elements (angels and demons) encountered by those of other faiths who do not believe in such things?

Are there any resources you would reccomend for someone interested to learn more about astral projection?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

I dont want to dismiss your faith and belief, so let me put it in a way that might help you feel a bit better. Of course you wouldn't want to meet negative demonic entities...but at the same time why would you not want to FACE something, that will only make you stronger? i believe the bible said...
"thou shall have no fear while i walk in the valley of death"
(sorry i cant remember the real wording of it lol)

my point is...you are going to be faced with these evil and bad sad times...or people in your life...why not face them of your choosing and be able to grow and become strong from it. Jesus died on the cross for your sins...the least we can all do is show at least half the courage he did, with facing our own fears.

As you Catholics say..as long as you believe in jesus, and he will save u...these demons will not hurt you man. Have FAITH...in YOUR FAITH! =]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
Well, i think this (the OP) is as "factual" as arguing if santa and his elves or heaven/hell actually exists.

One thing that i noticed to be pure and utter bull- is that drugs harm you and make you loose control. Yes there are drugs that harm you, but there are also drugs that make you grow psychologically (ever heard of magic mushrooms or ayahuasca to name a few?)

Every culture on earth has a history of spiritual drug use, since they allow you to enter states of consciousness not available otherwise.

Yet the funny thing is, its more factual that anything you see logically before you in your left brain stuck in the matrix, reality box. To begin with, this alternative factual reality is more in allignment with known physics observation and quantum mechanics than whatever the alternative you suggest by your post exists.....which of course you havent truly defined. Saying reality is only what you see is subjective, is it not? A flea has a different perspective viewing reality than a seagul would, I imagine, or it is based on religious myth? Double slit experiment alligns better with the OPs universe than the skeptics one .

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

We all know mainstream science is as truthful as any other "politically correct opinion". This however does not prove astral projection experiences are anything more then people dreaming.

I for one choose to be skeptical and believe in stuff after i got the probable proof of something, not after some cuckoo comes and talks about 10 planes of existence and astral projection with a silver bungeecord attached. C'mon.

edit: Just to be clear: I know mainstream science is painfully wrong, observations don't fit theory (redshift, big bang to name a few). I also know not to listen to new-age hippies having vivid dreams and from them figuring out the structure of reality. To quote x-files: I Want to believe, i can ball around with interesting ideas, but i do not sink into my illusions and start believing something to be true. They are just interesting ideas until proven otherwise.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You don't understand the metaphysical reality of the omniverse.

Neither does anybody else.

I read people on ATS discussing the double-slit experiment the other day. Intelligent people, and they all had a different view, different conclusion on what too place, and what it meant. I think the best we can say is we really don't know much of anything right now. At least, that's what I'm sticking with. You say omniverse, I say...what? Prove it! As far as I know, we're in a universe, although there was a post the other day which mentions the possibility of another huge object outside of the universe.

I here people talk about these new age things, and just think...okay, people are a little too open minded these days. Why do we find the need to speculate so very far, when we know so little? Not only that, people are taking their beliefs and turning it into "knowledge". I think that's a bit dangerous, don't you?

You are free to believe as you choose, but don't impose your beliefs on me in the form of "knowledge" and say that I just don't understand. What I understand, is science is constantly being turned upside down. What we think of as absolute fact in one era, may become hogwash the next. You could be somewhat right, mostly right, entirely correct, or dead wrong. I don't know, and am not willing to step off the deep end for no good reason.

Oh, and btw, I'm a lefty, right-brainer here. I can envision what may be. I don't, however, take this as a reality and tell people that what I experience internally must be reality, and so if you don't agree you just don't understand.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow a lot going on in this thread...

I understand that some people aren't going to believe in the things some of us know to be true, and that's fine. One thing I have always stuck too is letting everyone believe in whatever they wish, because ultimately you will be the decider of your beliefs. With time everyone will learn more and grow spiritually, and if you are Catholic, or Jewish, or whatever, as long as you have good intentions you should lead a good life. I can't prove any of you right, or wrong. You need to decide for yourselves. I have always tried to learn on my own, and the odd thing is, the more I figure out, the more I read, the more I realize I already had this knowledge stored within me - it's all about finding your inner being and becoming one with yourself.

Even when I was a young kid I had always thought that everything was made up of vibrating molecules and every thought and every movement I made effected the outcome of everything in existence - which is true. If I go left instead of going right, I end up somewhere else, do I not? My decisions do not only effect myself, I'd be stupid to think that, but they effect everyone in the entire world because of the whole chain reaction concept.

Anyway, believe in what you want to believe in - no one is holding a gun to your head telling you to go have an OOBE.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I find it amusing how these sorts of post always lean totally in one direction or the other. MYTH: You can die chopping carrots by accidentally chopping your finger off. TRUTH: You cannot in whatsoever way die of chopping carrots.

There is no reason not to be careful while APing. As long as you don't stay out long and you are close to your body there is no statistical reason to worry.

But there is no reason whatsoever to pretend that you can just do whatever you want without consequence, just because you are doing something spiritual or paranormal.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

That sounds like narcissism to me. We have a sphere of influence. As does everyone else. Unless we're the president, or have a similar role, our actions don't ripple that far out.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Think of it this way... We are all made up of energy, energy is surrounding us etc... If I move in one direction I force energy to go in another direction since I'm pushing through it. Now that energy has been changed and it is not static and/or stagnant, it does ripple (sort of) until it is effected by something/someone else. So in short, everything we do (any movement at all) and any thoughts we have, ultimately change the outcome of every second of every day.

So yes, one person can make a difference

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by above

First let me tell you I will bet you I not only have studied more about drugs/pharmaceuticals etc. than you, but also have experienced much more when it comes to psychedelics. I just recently quit drugs to be honest, ever since my spiritual awakening. I've learned that impurities (such as drugs/alcohol) make it harder for you to learn knowledge in the long run.

One of the best ways to explain this in another way is, let's say you're tripping on shrooms (which by the way are my favorite) you're having a merry old time, and have a spiritual trip of some sort. Now you're coming down from the shrooms and you start thinking wow that was crazy...

Then a week later you're looking back on the experience and realize that the things you thought you learned while you were tripping may have been just your mind tripping out. There's no way to know if the experience you had was real or not. When you're sober you know for certain your experience is real. I'm not saying you can't use drugs to get to an altered state of consciousness that will benefit you, I'm simply saying that you don't know when your experiences are real - and usually people have a tough time integrating their trips into their life, which is another reason I'm not tripping anymore - I find it much easier (actually it feels natural) to integrate the things I learn now from my experiences.

You can choose to live life however you wish, I can only tell you the way I live mine, and from that you may take others advice, or simply not. It's all up to you.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
People need to understand that astral is not an objective reality. It's a world of illusions that so called mystics access willfully or not. It's a conscious daydream, where you see phantasms from your subconsciousness.

-v

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
People need to understand that astral is not an objective reality. It's a world of illusions that so called mystics access willfully or not. It's a conscious daydream, where you see phantasms from your subconsciousness.

-v

If that's what you believe astral projection is, then so be it. There is always going to be people who are skeptics in all areas and all realms.

Just as much as I cannot prove to you that astral projection is something real, you cannot prove to me it is not. So your words mean nothing to those of us who have experienced OOBE because it proves beyond any fathomable words that their is an existence of us in another plane(s) of some sort.

And you say it's a world of illusions that mystics access... since when did everyone claim to be a mystic who believes in astral projection?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
All very valid points. S&F for the OP.

I just recently made a thread here with a few techniques, mainly the Silva Mind Control method to induce OoBE. There are tons of informative articles out there, one just has to find them. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also the longest on-going OoBE thread that I know of here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm glad to see that others have had their faith reassured through AP as well. The Astral Plane is a beautiful place and I would recommend it to anyone that is seeking(spiritually speaking).

Respectfully
A2D

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

It doesn't really matter what I believe or think the astral to be. My opinions and beliefs doesn't weight a thing, for it's the experience what matters.

Mystics, occultists or whatever, doesn't really matter for they are merely words. No, I do not claim that astral isn't real - it is real (at least to most people), damn sure; we experience it every night we go sleep and have dreams. I am merely pointing out, that it is nothing more than images projected by our subconsciousness, and in that sense it is not objective reality. To willfully project astral images, one needs to be aware of the techniques of auto-hypnosis; astral projection is the visual trip to one's subconsciousness, it is a method of knowing thyself, if you know what the whole thing is.

Let's take an example: When travelling in astral, you encounter someone familiar from real life and you decide to kill him for the sake of the experience. When you wake up, do you think that the guy you killed while in astral, is dead as well in reality? No, you merely killed an image of your mind, which your subconsciousness decided to portray in form of that person.

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
So your words mean nothing to those of us who have experienced OOBE because it proves beyond any fathomable words that their is an existence of us in another plane(s) of some sort.

Your words speaks of uncertainty. Seems almost like you wouldn't even know what is the realm you are accessing; maybe you should do some research about the issue. As I said (or attempted to) astral is internal planes of our consciousness - it is psychology, a handshake with your subconsciousness. It is nothing universal, it is very subjective to the experiencer, but it doesn't apply on everybody as it applies on you, because it is only your subconsciousness that you are projecting, hence it is your personal realm.

-v

[edit on 9-12-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Think of it this way... We are all made up of energy, energy is surrounding us etc... If I move in one direction I force energy to go in another direction since I'm pushing through it. Now that energy has been changed and it is not static and/or stagnant, it does ripple (sort of) until it is effected by something/someone else. So in short, everything we do (any movement at all) and any thoughts we have, ultimately change the outcome of every second of every day.

So yes, one person can make a difference

You're twisting, man. Twisting. This is what you originally said.

Even when I was a young kid I had always thought that everything was made up of vibrating molecules and every thought and every movement I made effected the outcome of everything in existence - which is true. If I go left instead of going right, I end up somewhere else, do I not? My decisions do not only effect myself, I'd be stupid to think that, but they effect everyone in the entire world because of the whole chain reaction concept.

Can you see the differences from the first and second quotes?! Do I really need to explain? I agree with your second (first here) statement. One person can change the world. In fact, I basically stated that by saying that you're not (assuming, of course) the president. What I'm trying to get at is that you, personally, are incapable of effecting everything in THE world. You can change your personal circumstances to a great extent. You have free will. Not only that, but you do have a rippling effect of influence that goes until it meets resistance from others free will and sphere of influence. You do NOT influence the whole world. That is some sort of delusion.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

My bad, and the part you agree with is the part I actually meant to say originally. I wasn't fully thinking (I'm an insomniac so a lot of my posts are done with me half asleep) when I put the original post up. I understand that my ripple effect can only go so far before it runs into resistance.

On a side note, it's nice to know that we, as in each of us, can change the world. We are all one.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
21st Astral Projection Myth Busted!

'Astral projection is for real.'

Like somebody said, astral 'projectors', if you can do it, pay a visit to the JREF offices in your astral guise and collect the million bucks. Don't bother coming back here and sounding off till you've done that.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Randi was in the same business as P.T. Barnum, and so would know

"There's a sucker born every minute."

That's how Randi made the million in the first place, by creating the appearance of things that just weren't so, for the benefit of those who just didn't get that the gizmo was in his other hand.

I mean it couldn't be, right? Randi told us there was nothing in his hand.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

What you just said shows me that you have no idea what astral projection really is. How would someone who is in the astral realm contact anyone outside of the astral realm itself?

Maybe certain people in the world (maybe a psychic?) may be able to tune into the astral plane and talk to an entity but I'm not certain... It's not like when I go astral I can go tap your on the shoulder while you're sleeping and wake you up while saying "BOO!" it just doesn't work like that...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
All those, who - myself included - has put real effort on examining the phenomena, which so many call the astral, are in basic agreement that is indeed a realm of illusions; psychologists like Freud and Jung, occultist like Blavatsky and Dion Fortune all say basically the same thing, which are best portrayed in thoughts of Alice Bailey, the author of several occult books:

The astral plane is the plane of illusion, of glamour, and of a distorted presentation of reality.
(Bailey, Alice; A Treatise on White Magic, p. 221/3).

The secret of the Master is the discovery that there is no astral plane; he finds that the astral plane is a figment of the imagination and has been created through the uncontrolled use of creative imagination, and the misuse of the magical powers."
(Ibid. p. 614/5).

As I have said elsewhere, there is no such thing as the astral plane or the astral body. Just as the physical body is made up of matter which is not regarded as a principle, so the astral body -- as far as the mind nature is concerned -- is in the same category. This is a difficult matter for you to grasp, because desire and emotion are so real and so devastatingly important. But -- speaking literally -- from the angle of the mental plane, the astral body is a "figment of the imagination"; it is not a principle.
(Esoteric Healing, p. 409).

And it is also contemplated in Qabalah:

Occultists associate Yesod with the Astral plane, because if the sephiroth above Malkuth are regarded as a map of the unconscious psyche, Yesod is the most accessible area of the mind.
Source

The lowest triange in tree of life (qabalah), including Sepiroth Hod, Yesod and Netszach together form the levels of astral, leading to the initiation of Tipareth, which is one when an initiate becomes an adept.

-v

<< 1    3 >>

join