It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Image Tampering On Google Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Some weeks ago, I posted on another thread an image of what I called a 'vehicle'. I called it that because that is what it looked like to me. I found this image in the Rima Hadley area (Apollo 15 site) a few months back. When I went to look at it last night... it was gone. Not only was it gone, but the surrounding landscape had changed...dramatically. I don't know if this is a result of the updated Google Earth 5.1 which I downloaded a few weeks back or not. What I found at Rima Hadley looked familiar to me because I had seen it before at the Fra Mauro area. They have taken images from the Fra Mauro area and put them down as overlays at the Rima Hadley area. This was not the case just a few short weeks ago. I will go through this a step at a time. The first image is from my files and is the 'vehicle'. Correct coordinates for this image on google moon are 25 19 53.18N, 2 17 59.56E. You can see this 'vehicle' only as a 'dot' from high alitude, when you zoom in, it dissapears and everything changes.
The second image is an overview of the Rima Hadley area, note the coordinates.
The third image is an overview of the Fra Mauro area, note the coordinates.

The fourth image was taken from Fra Mauro area and used at the Rima Hadley area, note the coordinates. The fifth image is the Fra Mauro image which we now find at Rima Hadley, note the coordinates. The target square is the location of the vehicle.
The sixth image is from Rima Hadley, but was taken from Fra Mauro and used at Rima Hadley, note the coordinates.
The seventh image is the same as the sixth but is the Fra Mauro image used at Rima Hadley as the sixth image, note the coordinates. Hope this is not to confusing. The eighth image is from Rima Hadley and shows the same image used twice just at different altitudes. This image was also taken from Fra Mauro. Pretty sloppy.

Why would this area have to be covered up? Why is the 'vehicle' gone? Why such a crappy job at obfuscation? Just thought I would let you know.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Eh I don't see it

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dennisdvx

Evidence Of Image Tampering On Google Moon

WHAT..

You mean that 'artificial satellite' we call the 'moon' is being tampered with...

I am shocked...

www.youtube.com...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Jezz it looks like a length of fish bones! ohh I wonder what it is? Nice find dennisdvx !
Maybe it's a corpse of a giant moon worm!
Or maybe pixel errors!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I had no problem finding it, so I guess it hasn't been removed or tampered with.
I'm running Google Earth 5.1.3533.1731:

I could even zoom in more closely than this.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

I don't see a "vehicle," just dark areas. What's more interesting, though, are the single and parallel "tracks." They do not look natural.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
OP, just a word of advice. Google moon is far from the best source to hunt for moon anomalies. I guarantee you most people read your thread title alone and moved on, knowing that anyone that uses Google moon to illustrate their fantasies is operating on a level that those who use reason, logic and common sense simply can't understand..

I could go out in my backyard and take a picture of dirt, and I have no doubt you would be able to find a bunch of "anomalies" in that photo as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
For the record, Apollo 15 landed in Hadley and was the first mission to use the Lunar
Rover. That may explain the parallel tracks seen in the photo.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

?? Well, if that's the case then, disregard this post.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

The 'vehicle' measures almost 500 ft in length. The 'tracks' about 65 ft wide. I don't think this was folded up in the Luner Lander.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Yes, I agree... nonetheless...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Someone has said in the past that these 'tracks' were 'scratches'... They don't look like scratches to me, they follow the contour of the terrain and can be found (could be found) all over this area.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by dennisdvx]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I will check my version, but I think it should be the latest since I just downloaded it a few weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

The white squiggly lines are just processing errors...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Look again. Compare the images between Fra Mauro and Rima Hadley. They are the same images.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Well, I suppose it is a given... no big surprise, I just thought this was very obvious and badly done.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Too weird. I checked and I am running 5.1 00B and 'no updates available' which tells me I have the latest version. Where did you get the 5.1.3533.1731 number?
OK I think you must have a MAC... I have a PC, so a different version number... but that shouldn't make any difference, we should both be seeing the same images...which we are not

[edit on 5-12-2009 by dennisdvx]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Here is what I am seeing at the about the same altitude and elevation of your image. The red dot should be the 'vehicle' location and the scale at the lower left is the length of the vehicle, as it measures about 470 ft in length. It is just not there on my computer.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dennisdvx
Why would this area have to be covered up?
It doesn't, look at the original source instead of Google Moon.

Why is the 'vehicle' gone? Why such a crappy job at obfuscation?
Because that's not obfuscation.

Look for the original photos instead of using Google Moon, it is only useful to have a general look of the area or to help locate other photos, it's no good as a source of photos.

PS: I am using Windows Vista and I have version 5.1.3509.4636 (beta). The "Help" menu, "About Google Earth" will show the version.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, google moon is for 'entertainment' I know, but having checked again my version which is the same as 'soylent green...' (5.1.3533.1731) and yet I cannot access the same imagery that I used to weeks ago that SG can access today. Also, which is the best 'source' imagery to use?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join