It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It feels like the world is ending

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
well that 5.8 quake on the border of mexico is, a great reminder. LOL

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And life goes on and on and on!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If I could close the thread I would have.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

WOW...You really summed it up beautifully!!! That is exactly how I feel, but didn't have the words to describe it until I read your post. You are absolutely right. That's all I know to say.

Ex

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's as if the joy of life is slowly being sucked away.
I look in peoples faces while in public now,
and everyone seems so conflicted.

My Mother says every generation thinks it's the last....
maybe she is right .

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
You feel this way because the world IS coming to an end!

If you've never studied Biblical prophecy,now is the time!

If you're not already a "believer",this may be your Wake-Up call!

By the way,have you ever heard of Malachi Martin?

Bible was a man written book, which MAN made it. Which means its a false book to lead people like you into a false direction by misleading. No offense but the bible was written by man. And every few years they rewrite the bible. Think about it. If they said ATS was a sin, you wouldn't be her because they make you believe that god doesn't want it. It's fake.

So will the world end in 2012? I think not, the Mayans NEVER predicted the end. MAN KIND interpreted it as the end. The Mayans were advanced very advanced people. If it was the end they would of left a writing behind or explained it in the calendar like other events they've explained. So when you wake up December 22, 2012 your going to feel really stupid for believing in the end, when ever year the keep moving the dates. 1990 was suppose to be the end, we are still here, 2000 was suppose to be the end guess what! we are still here, 2004 was suppose to be it, I'm here are you? now 2012 just a load of crap and a way to get money from panic people.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

yeeep world isn't ending. Something big might come but the world won't end..
Would be interesting if America ended though.. Very interesting.

I am awake. I am happy.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I feel like rambling a bit about this subject. Some opinion, some things i've read over the past few years from sources that may have been questionable. I too feel like things are coming to a close. My boss and I discuss this all the time.

And now here are some completely random things for you to think about, and look, the fact is that we don't know anything. No source is a credible source, which is why I don't post any. You have to go within to find what feels right or rings true to you. And I'm not a doom and gloom kind of person. Just a heads up.

I will use the word "they" to refer to tptb, and any other corporate entity that has control over any aspect of our lives.

Everything (generalized) is taxed. They are taking more and more of your hard earned money, and its value is declining and buying much less than it once was. Look at your check stub. You worked for how many years to pay off your home? You still don't own it. Try not paying your property taxes. One could kind of see it like we are renting the right to be a part of the machine, which brings me to my next rambling.

I don't know much about the rest of the world, but the U.S. has definitely become a corporate machine, and we can be seen as the gears that keep the machine whirring.

The food has become inedible, and has who knows what in it, but it tastes good because of flavor enhancers and other chemicals that trick your brain into thinking that's what a hamburger is really supposed to taste like.

They poison the water and then charge us to drink it and we are obliged to accept such an offer. They start fights that cannot be won, in order to suck more money out of our pockets, and they use your sons and daughters as pawns in the great conflicts of secrecy.

Even if 90 percent of the conspiracy theories are false, it is not hard to see and feel that things are not what they at first seem. If one is mentally sharp enough to think about things other than day to day life, it is not hard to see that we are indeed products of a very very twisted structure.

I welcome any one of you to honestly say that you are free and I will stand and call you a fool. If you are happy, then that is the key. Find a happy place if you can. Hell, I don't know if there is much we can do to right all the wrongs, but I can't just turn away and pretend I don't see it and pretend that none of it affects me and my family.

Anyway, I don't even know what I'm saying. I'm tired. Till the morrow. Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by inanityrising

Good post. I agree with you.

Then there's these things :
Household appliances that crap out after a few years. Then you go buy a new machine, tv, toaster, microwave, washing machine, car. They create this cycle where you need money in order to replace a problem they create for us. Plastic appliances. My parents have a freezer that's maybe 20 years old, maybe older and still running fine. Bet you a modern household freezer won't do that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Man has been saying this for eons.. Hence evolution..

we have gone from fire to wheels, to computers, this instinct has always existed...

Its always felt like this!!!!

Sometimes the internet is a curse!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
dp

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

My Mother says every generation thinks it's the last....
maybe she is right .

Your mother is a wise lady. The world has been ending for thousands of years... Every generation is living in the "end of days"

As far as the OP, it is all about personal opinion. I have seen some movies recently that I thought were outstanding, and games IMO are getting better and better, that is the very few that I play. As far as tv, well I don't really watch a lot, but there seem to be a few good shows around.

Everyone loves a good Doom & Gloom prediction, but I just don't see it, not that I am happy with everything that is going on in this world, but I think we are going to be here until we move on to Mars, Titan, or wherever it is we are going next. At that time I am sure people will go on and on about how great things were on Earth and how they are doomed.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

You need octopus arms to get it all done, says Sara Bittorf. Interesting Sara Bittorf said Octopus. That is what happens when you work for satan. You become depressed.
Donnie Darko would you love this interview of David Blume on Coast to coast with George Noory? You don’t have to do a darn thing to your car to make it run on alcohol, says David Blume. And it would replace our dependence on..Well
24 hour a day blackouts, says David Blume. David Blume isn’t talking about Zambia. He is talking about the United States of America! Deposition. Dispersant in the gulf. International labor calls. Antirascism educators.
You’re kidding. Black. Kosher, says David Gergen.
I like Nikky Hailee, says Morgan Ortegas. So. I don’t think we care.
I don’t know how that matters if China wants to double its production of alcohol. Let’s just move on to Willie Robertson’s book how he likes to fish. Or listen to George Noory tell us how he has never touched a crocodile’s skin. /> Design some more drones.
We only want anti-biotic gopher meat, says Irwin Simon.
I can’t believe that John Hogue said that we should celebrate chaos. Maybe you know how to do a good imitation of John Stamos or Blossom. But it takes more than that. It takes more than having the full Jimmy Kimmel beard. Or making youtube videos where you cat is driving a car or you are wrestling a bear in your backyard around your kids. I think cloning wooly mammoths is immoral.

Let’s talk about Antarctica just for a moment, says Gerald Clark. Why?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: EddieFurlongs

Eddie..you summed it up in a nutshell. The world is indeed ending...just like we're all dying. The unanswerable question in both instances is, when will be the LAST DAY?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The world isn't ending, but there is an awakening taking place. Hollywood HATES it, and so do our criminal elitist globalist buddies. The question is, what now?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh swell Cadaver dogs. I didn’t know that a zombie is the name of a drink!
The zany ancient aliens guy. This must be matilda day. Carewemust are you cool like Joe Camel? Joe camel was not cool.
Carewemust do you have your diploma?
Drugs, abstinence (And this is what they are teaching kids in school.. This planet is gross.
Carewemust are you a player or do you just crush a lot?
There are birth defects in Colorado, says Dr. Joel Wallach.
It all sounds pretty shoddy to me. And I’m not that tall. This must be matilda day.
How many tens do you see in Night of the Living dead? You better get ready, says Cornelius in Alexandria Louisiana.
I wish that I could do all of those weird body contortions like Marcel Marceau.
Is Bill Pullman going to save us all from the aliens flying in a F-16. I don’t think so.
Carbonation neutralizes your stomach acids, can’t have that, says Dr. Joel Wallach.
How dare she, says Kate Povlich.
Carewemust maybe you like to get up and go to work at Kroger for eight hours.
This is starting to get beyond biblical with this parasite thing.
The Mark of the beast Christmas movies are starting to look like crap.
I know carewemust you are obviously not in God we trust.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nightrun

It feels like something is off....
We are progressing well as humans, but also going backwards.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nightrun

We are faced with an unsustainable
population. Whom ever says we aren't
close to an end is in denial. Also this is
obviously not the world that was meant
to be.
edit on Rpm72418v26201800000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

close to an end is in denial.

The same words were spoken in the 1960's.
There have been numerous predictions of the end of the world going back 2000 years.
As far as I can tell they have all been wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
a reply to: randyvs

close to an end is in denial.

The same words were spoken in the 1960's.
There have been numerous predictions of the end of the world going back 2000 years.
As far as I can tell they have all been wrong.

And I'm aware of that Sam as much as anyone. Many worlds have come to
an end as I'm sure you know. History is actually filled with them if we don't
confine the definition of the word world to some massive die off. Notice my
wording fellow member. I wrote "Close to AN end" anticipating your exact post.

Also it matters not what people say or have been saying for thousands of years.
Someone is in control of our fate obviously. Or the infinite odds against anything
being here, would have prevailed. And that's a scientific fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join