It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It feels like the world is ending

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think there is less and less creativity because people are getting more and more comfortable. Being creative is a process born from wanting to do better than average. We all know Hollywood has settled for average for a long time now. They feel tired. Just like Microsoft, they are just grinding on with the same stuff over and over again.

Its hard to get excited about todays movies because there is nothing emotional about them. Last good movie that really had me hooked was The Matrix. Very original movie.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wer'e at the end of the great cycle,in hindu term known as the end of the kali yuga cycle. At the end of this cycle krsna decends on a white horse with a sword of fire to destroy evil. Those who are spiritually ready will attain liberation to the heavenly realm. From a christian perspective this is the second coming. Theyr'e one and the same. It's upon us. Get ready.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To the OP, thanks for starting this thread. There have been many before it and there will be many after. I find they help me notice how strange things are and pull me away from the routine that TPTB want us to follow.

There is so much truth in the previous posts although I feel there are a few points missing.

Do I put any creedence on the great 2012 date?...no. You see, I cant fathom how it could be the end because I cant understand how we would know about it.

What I do feel is that our time as a spieces is close to extinction and that knowledge is known by us all. Like winter follows autumn and autumn follows summer, we know deep inside our very souls, (for want of a better word), we know it and have always known it.

I am not a negative person and realise there is nothing we can do about it other than help each other, enjoy life and live for the day.

On a side note and another point raised....If everyone stopped watching tv there would be no manipulation, fear games and we would get back to sharing our lives with others, seeing our loved ones grow up and rekindle the past fun times we had when growing up, you and I OP are at the same stage in our lives.

Respects to you.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by captiva]

[edit on 5-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That's what I believe too.

People that say the next couple of years are going to be a run of the mill time are wrong nothing is getting better everything is getting worse.

What do you think about if you think about the future these days? I can't think of anything to be happy about in the future everything is F***ed.

And indeed you can see these things when watching movies listening to music etc... Its like the global conciousness is becomming rotten even more.

I was tripping on some shrooms once and a thought came into my head. I was thinking that maybe the whole world is full of psychiatric nuts, everyone is crazy and we are crazy because reality is hard for us to take so we advent stupid stuff and we doe stupid things to keep us bussy.

The people that are labled psycho's or schico's are simply people that can not hold the illusion infront of there eyes these are people that actually see how #ed we really are.

sorry for the cursing but imo it brings a litle bit of spiceyness to the message.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Time Magazine said this decade will be remembered as the Decade from Hell. Not kidding!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Read Ashayana Deane - available on Amazon. She also has a workshop in Jan Florida.

the ending that you are feeling is real in my opinion. I feel it as well. The ascension process starts 2012-2017.

That information may be helpful to understand what is going to happen and how to prepare for it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i've stopped playing games a few years ago. No matter how much i try to enjoy them, i get bored by them soon, they just feel like a waste of time. Plus i can't stand all the sensless violence and the greed that are most games are based on. Now if the game tells a good story, i might enjoy it, but the last game that i enjoyed was baldure's gate 2.

I've stopped watching tv almost completly. I have to mute it whenever a commercial comes, because all the lies and nonsense makes me angry.
What i do now is getting all the cool movies and series that i missed or that i feel could be fun to watch and watch those.

I rarely go out, i feel uncomfortable around most people. There is so much hate, greed, fear, sadness and negativity in the air. I know there are still good people out there, but then i don't meet that many.

I can't shake the feeling that humanity is like the only species that act's very unnatural, completly against nature. Most seem to act mostly out of their fearful ego, instead of their loving heart. The sad thing is most people can't help it, they been brainwashed and born into slavery.

I too have the feeling that the time for homo sapiens is coming to an end, that a change is coming. And while im sad, im also glad. Who would want to live in the future that the nwo would give us? That we let them create? We have to admit that most are to scared to do anything against it.

And while i sometimes think "why can't we just get over with it", i'm trying to be thankful for each day that we have and try to enjoy it, afterall life is a gift, and i could have it much worse. I also wan't to try to help people wherever i can, to ease the suffering that many are going through now, and hope for a better future for the earth, and maybe the next steps in evolution.

Hopefully The creative life force of the universe have learned from us and the next humans will be much more loving and peacefull. And i really hope noone is getting any superpowers in their current state, the world is insane enough without superpowers. I don't even know why some want such powers, it's not like humans have the self controll or the knowledge to not cause havoc with it. I personally think the next humans shoud have less brainpower. If humanity has anything new to learn, then to live in harmony and peace with nature, not how it could be manipulated for greedy reasons.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Strawberrygirl]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun

edit: no, it's not a stage of personal realization. I can literally point out the flaws in the games and movies. Like for zelda, the latest one had invisible walls, boundaries you couldn't cross. There was only 1 direction you could really play. Compare that to older games, ocarina of time and windwaker where you could travel anywhere but only become lost or blocked but you still had freedoms.

Then there's Dragon Age where they say you can make your own story. What a load of crap, the only choices you get in the game are whether to kill someone or not and it has no effect on story. I could go on but in the end the obvious is that we're being handed crap from the entertainment world. Modern games don't compare to old, that's not just my personal opinion.

The only thing left for us is to go outside (which is quite good as a result lol..)
Forgive me for ranting.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by nightrun]

Did it ever occur to you that.

a) The games industry has "matured". This means very few risks are taken.
(unless you use a PC for gaming, some strong interesting games from independent developers out there)

b) Your simply older, your "tastes" have matured and do not coincide with the media you've chosen in the past (be it TV or games).

c) Maybe you have lost your sense of wonder ? A childhood trait that often atrophies as "real world" concerns and pressures displace it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
Did it ever occur to you that.

a) The games industry has "matured". This means very few risks are taken.
(unless you use a PC for gaming, some strong interesting games from independent developers out there)

b) Your simply older, your "tastes" have matured and do not coincide with the media you've chosen in the past (be it TV or games).

c) Maybe you have lost your sense of wonder ? A childhood trait that often atrophies as "real world" concerns and pressures displace it.

Yes it did occur to me but I'm sure this is not the case. My tastes have definitely matured but that doesn't have an impact on my gaming interest much. If you are an experienced gamer, think about these games:

Compare:
Dragon age to Baldurs Gate 2.
Halo 1 to Halo 3.
Zelda OOT to Zelda TP.
Black and White 1 to Black and White 2 (that's probably the best example)
World of warcraft frozen throne to World of warcraft vanilla. In many cases this got worse the more they extended on it and in other areas got better.
Pokemon Diamond version DS to Pokemon Red and Blue (yeah I went there).

Enough of those examples, I don't want this topic specifically about games because it's really about all entertainment being a failure. My final examples though and this one is pretty well known for those that play games regularly:

Compare:
PS3 to PS2
Wii to GC
Xbox 360 to XBOX (debatable this one)

I'm not the best at explaining things, but hopefully this is good evidence to you. On the bright side, a kid can pick up a modern game and enjoy it where we oldies are pushed to the side. No worries, I've been out of games for years now, only I still read about them regularly.

Still, this is a good pointer to me that something might be coming. You can laugh it up and all but I'll be ready if the time ever comes. If nothing comes then I'll just use all my survival materials to have a nice week out with my companions.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Hi There! I sortta agree with you but think it dose not signals the end of the world. Its just showing the lack of effort and imagination that currently streams from the 15 minutes of fame culture and justifiys the short mnemonic speculation of todays world. Celebrity reality T.V. Shows keep people glued to their arm chairs, and usually make up a lot of the topic of conversation with people. I dont watch any of these shows, yet im exposed to them on a daily basis through other media. For instance, last week, in the UK, the front page of the Daily Mirror had 'JORDAN BACK WITH ALEX'... Whoopie.. A 'former glamour model' back with her cross dressing, cage fighting fella. And this is FRONT PAGE worthy news? When we have Goverment corruption happening DAILY e.t.c. I know im just picking on one tabloid but still, it sums up todays 'celebrity/wanna-be' culture where that can be on the front page. The only counter argument can be is that it keeps peoples mind off the bad news, which in my oppinion is the news we need to hear.

[edit on 12/12/09 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes, it does seem like that to me too. Too stagnant. A disclosure would be good now.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi, world watchers.

Today, I have seen one of the NICEST phrase ever:

___[ You don't see the world as it IS. . . but how YOU are. . .]___

And to boost up your moral, follow the links of my signature's
first 2 lines. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Yes, it does seem like that to me too. Too stagnant. A disclosure would be good now.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by sphinx551]

Couldn't agree more.

reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Yeah it does seem abit silly to state it feels like the world is ending because entertainment is letting me down.. I didn't intend it to be that way. It is multiple sources making me feel this way. I look at the news and see the rapid "global warming" scenario that's just happening so rapidly it's abit of a laugh really. It seems a lot of people see the police as enemies these days, even here in New Zealand where being a policeman is a job.. But I hear friends of friends speak which such hostility towards them it blows me away.

To clarify, no I don't think the world will end. But in regards to 2012, I feel something is coming and I want others to just take a look around and see the state the world is in. This is not how things were 10-20-30 years ago. I would say the economy right now is vibrating. Whatever that means, heheh.

reply to post by Donnie Darko

heheh Donnie Darko, my #1 movie.

To everyone else, thanks for the replies. I have read and re-read all of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Of all the games you named...well too me they are relatively recent.

I started in the 70's with Pong as a teen (yea I'm that old).

Truthfully all I see is creativity (both game and tv/movie) lagging behind technology.

The writers/creators/programmers just need to "dare to dream" once more.......

Also please remember the world is what YOU make it.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I believe mankind (& womankind) are... well, frankly bored. We are bored out of our wits with the mindless trash we are fed.

School is inadequate and boring.
Television and most other media - boring.
Our overscheduled lives of workdays, weekends, and other events that are giving to us only at specific times - boring.
The predictability of it all - boring.
The plastic, false, cheap overcomsumerism of products supposed to make us happy - boring.
The lastest thing that we seem to anticipate - disappointing.
The thought of having a 'life plan' that fits in with the mold of what is acceptable to society - boring.

All of this had led to the famous expression: Life's a bitch and then you die.

Well, frankly, I'm bored with life being a bitch. And I feel as if this mold humanity has created has now stifeled our development to the point that we are stuck with our own awful creation.

To me, if feels as if there is a barrier that needs to be broken through, something big that needs to shake this paradigm to peices. Otherwise, our evolution has come to a screeching halt.

We have outgrown our culture, our lifestyles. And the worst part is we don't know what to do about it because it is all we know.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yep, the world is closing in around me. I have a health problem, I feel like crap, my mom is dead, my little brother is being shipped off to stay with a meth addict father, etc etc etc.

Wait, that's all realistic though? Not to mention I haven't seen a god damn dime from these stupid bailouts. Oh, wait, I got a 350$ check from Obama because I slaved up and down at a freaking Dennys just to EAT.

But yeah, my problems are real, yours are just fiction.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

Thomas Hobbes (5 April 1588 – 4 December 1679)
"life is solitary, poor, nasty brutish and short"

Modern translation and vernacular "life's a bitch and then you die".

Guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

I say life is what you make it

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So here we are, bored, thinking theres gotta be more to life...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Wow! So now this processed rubbish is over, (and soon the other iminant worldwide versions) we revert to the big thoughts of christmas and the season of GOOD WILL...

en.wikipedia.org...

Meanwhile back in the Demi (and i say demi because apparently we are all told "halftruths") Real World right now...

Afghanistan, -

news.bbc.co.uk...

Prudent British Politics, - War/Greed and more Greed...

Greed - news.bbc.co.uk...

Greed - news.bbc.co.uk...

Blairs War - www.cnn.com...

Copenhagens climate talks, -

Breaking News (REAL TOYS OUTTA THE PRAM STUFF)... news.bbc.co.uk... or news.sky.com... 9846?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15499846_Copenhagen_Climate_Change_Summit%3A_G77_Group_Of_Developing_Countries_Walk_Out_As_Protest< br />
arests.. news.sky.com... lated_Content_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15498816_Arrests_During_Climate_Change_Summit_Protest_Copenhagen

Fun.

And also we have...

news.sky.com... 15499756?lpos=World_News_Second_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15499756_Barack_Obama_Awards_Himself_Solid_B%2B_For_Years_Work%3A_Americ an_President_Says_More_Work_To_Do

The end is not neigh - en.wikipedia.org...

we still have this to look forward to... www.unrealitytv.co.uk...

so turn that smile upside down.

[edit on 14/12/09 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

[edit on 14/12/09 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

so turn that smile upside down.

heheh, cheers.

Just to add to my topic, I just found this article:
Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years

www.google.com...

I remember a few years back they were saying they could melt in 100 years or 60. Now 5? ha

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Common, non-scientific theories don't back things up. Evidence does. The two are not the same. As religion is as far from science as is possible to get, the theories you speak of are not scientific in nature, and are therefore opinion and nothing more. It's not rational to base beliefs of others unprovable theories.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join