It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore's OSCAR award, TAKEN BACK ??? cause climategate (AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

OP are you certain you did not mishear the segment? Everything I have researched said they're still in the 'tossing about ideas' phase for the revoking of the award, like the article you cite as an example before this alleged story broke.

Just trying to make sure here. It would be very damning if true. I just like to have my facts straight.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Al Gore would need to actually win an Oscar before anyone could take one back from him; and, since Mr. Gore has never won an Oscar, I don't see that happening any time soon.

“An Inconvenient Truth” won the Academy Award for Documentary Feature, and, like tradition dictates, the Oscar was awarded to the director, Davis Guggenheim. While Guggenheim may have let Al, and a few others, hold it for a bit during the acceptance; make no mistake... it's Guggenheim's Oscar.

“An Inconvenient Truth” also won a Best Origional Song Academy Award for Melissa Etheridge's "I Need to Wake Up"; this oscar went to.... you guessed it! Melissa Etheridge.

What it all boils down to is that Al Gore has never won an Oscar; so any claims of "Gore's Oscar being taken back" are nothing more than mindless partisan bickering. One can't take back something that doesn't exist.

[edit on 12/4/09 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by kaskade

Listen everyone.. This is Utter BS!

This Climategate thing has been around for what 2 weeks? There has not been nearly enough time for everyone to study all the ins and outs of the facts to get a clear picture what has really happened over the years and why. that will take months of investigation and serious findings coming out in courts of law!

This is premature. Al Gore may be wrong and he may not deserve this Emmy, but it is too early to know what the whole truth is. This has become a lynch mob of adults acting like children and acting on emotion rather than solid fact.

THIS CLIMATEGATE MOVEMENT IS NO BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE WHO SEEK TO LIE TO THE PUBLIC!

Edit: On a side note, How is a blog not a website?? In my book a Blog IS a website.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

In two weeks the "science" has been proven to be an out right lie by the very people telling us we have global warming. I would think one day would be enough for the average person on the street to confirm what they knew all along. That Global Warming is B.S.

I guess for some people like you it's going to take just as long as it took to get us to this point to believe that it is all a shell game.

Al Gore and his minions need to go to jail for the rest of their lives and their families should be left in ruins. I'm sure there are some who have died for their greed.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by archives

If they locked up every politician that lied we'd have none left. I'M ALL FOR IT!!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

like i said this is breaking news. I just saw it on ABC right now, It is a true story it had statements from both sides so they are not speculating. the Huffington post covered it Google it. being it is BREAKING and NEW it is hard to find links.

THE HUFFINGTON POST is a BLOG, not a true news source.

what you heard on TV were people discussing this blog.........

[edit on 4-12-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Yup, merely partisan distractions over an Oscar that doesn't even exist.

What a sad state of affairs. :shk:

I wonder what actual news they're trying to hide with the preferred coverage of this imaginary story?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Has anyone ever had to give back an Oscar, particularly a lying liberal political hack, in the lying liberal jungle known as Hollywood?

Unlikely.

I would like to see Gore stripped of his Nobel Prize, which was awarded to him for his undeniably fabricated global-warming crusade, and he should have to return his $65,000 award money to the Nobel Prize committee, as well.

Then, again, this is the same harebrained committee that awarded Barack Obama the same prize for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

So, it's unlikely they'll ask for Gore to return his ill-gotten gains.

Will Gore be sued by any group of scientists or educators? Again, unlikely. It's more likely that the scientific community will simply blacklist any group of litigation-minded scientists who dare to deny global warming; and the uber-liberal National Education Association would similarly blacklist any educators who attempted to seek justice against Gore.

So I'm guessing that nothing will happen to Al Gore, sad as that may seem.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So it's kinda like the ole Milly Vanilli thing all over again. Well all I got to say is he can just "blame it on the rain."

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

well being this is BREAKING news the word meaning NEW I'm not going to be waiting for a news article, when a website creates an article i will oubivously link it ok. that make u feel better Mr. internet police? serously stop boo whoing

maybe u should read the rules mainly the part which says no off topic posts. being u evidently like to spend ur say studying the rules.

now leave my thread kid no one ants to hear some random person trying to be a ATS admin when they clearly are not.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

haha i know right that guy talks about rules may be he should know the BASICS mainly about off topic posts. I mean seriously bro he just wishes he was an Admin.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

sorry it was on the TV. im sure by morning someone will have article. It is real tho they had statements from both sides. i guess the times are sotal lazy today haha.

i assure you however this is happening that blog is the only thing which i could find which had sometihng about it.i just wanted to back it up to some extent

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

maybe u should look up what BREAKING NEW IS! is JUST as happened. REAL breaking news will not have 10 links. common sense. it was an exclusive. i don't know how i can break this down further.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by kaskade]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
In a just world he would be forced to give back all the awards, make a public apology that includes the phrase "I truly do suck", and made to serve prison time (real prison, not the Martha Stewart Camp Cupcake kind), but this isn't a just world. I seriously doubt he'll receive any sort of reprimand.

TA

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by kaskade

In two weeks the "science" has been proven to be an out right lie by the very people telling us we have global warming. I would think one day would be enough for the average person on the street to confirm what they knew all along. That Global Warming is B.S.

I guess for some people like you it's going to take just as long as it took to get us to this point to believe that it is all a shell game.

Al Gore and his minions need to go to jail for the rest of their lives and their families should be left in ruins. I'm sure there are some who have died for their greed.

Gore may need to go to jail but that isn't my point. You said it yourself, "one day would be enough for the average person on the street to confirm what they knew all along"

- What you are really saying is that your so willing to believe this stuff because you have preconceived like minded beliefs about it already.

I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm saying we don't have all the facts about the whole picture yet. The emails don't give us that information.

People like me? Who the heck are you to presume you know anything about Me?

Buddy, you have No Idea Who I Am or What I believe!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
i don't know how i can break this down further.

By realizing that the story is a partisan farce, and that Gore never won an Oscar to begin with.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

i was thinking the same thing. and take back Gore's noble prize too.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

He thinks he invented the internet, perhaps he thinks he won the oscar too too. What you're doing seems to be a pathetic attempt at splitting hairs.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

not really, like you said we have had enough time to study the emails and documents. thus letting us know how they where fixing data, getting rid of all other scientists who disputed mr Gore and his BS and so on. we are acting rationally. trillions of dollars lost because of this.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

hah i agree110% friend. not a hard concept to grasp really man lies. nothing new really. this one was just ALOT bigger.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

no what i heard on TV was them talking about mr gore getting his award taken back. thank you but i was their watching it. i know what i heard. please don't try to act as if you where their and tell me what i did and did not hear that REALLY annoys me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join