It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox (26 years in prison) and Sollecito (25 years) guilty of Meredith Kercher murder

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

She had already said she was present at the scene, that wasn't in question. What she did wrong was originally state she wasn't there but that she was instead at Sollecito's home.

She only changed her story after there was evidence that her story did not hold up.

She puts this down to a combination of exhaustion, after being questioned for hours, and police interrogation tactics.

It's not exhaustion tactics, she lied from the first time, her first statement was that she was not there but viewing a movie on a computer and sleeping late at her boyfriend after police asked for the first time I don;t see where her first statement spells exhaustion, she was not even arested at the time, it was the statement she gave police after police took noticed of the body. She lied, she did it.

That is circumstantial evidence and should not be put forward as the basis of a strong case. Which it wasn't.

It's not just circumstantial , if people place her there, and then police find the cleaning products in her home from the same shop then it's more then cirumstantial. What you get from this is:

1 Your aliby does not hold up.
2 People saw you.
3 You got the products in your home.

This is called evidence that you were involved in the murderer of your room mate.

A bloody print on the bed linens conveys the shape of the actual murder weapon and the the knife in question "doesn't match an outline of the knife on the bed."

Another knife may have been used to finish the job besidides the knife in question, this does not exclude the evidence.

That aside, it's not surprising that Knox's DNA would be on its handle; she prepared dinner with Sollecito in his apartment.

Then what is the victims DNA doing there?

As to whether the DNA on the tip belongs to Kercher, experts disagree.

It's not true, I was viewing CNN, it was her DNA on the blade, the only question was how strong the trace was.

Patrizia Stefanoni, a police forensics expert who testified in the pretrial hearing in May, suggested that it was Kercher's DNA on the tip of the knife — and that the way the genetic material was positioned indicated the knife had probably been used to puncture the skin.

If you get puncture in the right place in the gland you can die with just a single push.

2 The victim was never in that apartment, the DNA could not get on that blade unless the knife was in that apartment where the victim lived, what this means is that there is premeditation of the act.

3 Amanda lied and told investigators the victim cut her self but it turned out to be a lie because of contradictory statments from her boyfriedn and her.

But other experts who have analyzed the DNA evidence for the defense suggest that poor sample quality and possible contamination undermine the accuracy of these results.

What contamination? The knife in question was not found in the victim's home, but in Amanda's boyfriend home. It was not of that place. The DNA was not suppose to be there at all unless at the time of the crime the knife made a journy to the crime scene. Whatever you say it does not excuse facts that the victim's DNA was not suppose to be on that blade at all, no matter what quantity, quality of dna, trace and so on. The only way to have this is for the knife to travel at the crime scene.

If you have an explenation then answer how did DNA of the victim got on the blade if the victim was never at that location.

I really do think you have fallen victim to the media hype that surrounded this case. Remaining objective is imperative.

All you statments are missinformed.

The evidence really isn't as strong as some would suggest.

I would say that it is.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I can see that you have made your mind up so trying to convince you otherwise is pointless.

I think your wrong by saying that I am 'misinformed', especially when you seem to get your 'facts' from CNN newsflashes. I have done extensive research into this case, maybe you should try it.

Starting with the link that Bluebelle gave you: www.newscientist.com...

Anyways, maybe your right, you very well could be. But when somebody could be spending 26 years in prison, I'd like to be certain.

Don't be surprised if she is acquitted upon appeal. This is not quite over yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Knox admits to feeling 'scared' (gag)

In an interview with the Associated Press, she said: "I am scared because I don't know what is going on." Sitting in her cell, Knox said she was "feeling horrendous" after being found guilty of murder and sexual assault. "The guards helped me out. They held me all night," she added.
source

I've no doubt Knox is responsible for the death of her roommate Meredith Kercher, if not the one who actually slit her throat.

But let's not forget the victim here.

Let's not forget her very real FEAR before she was brutally murdered at the hands of the 'friends' she trusted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/978a428bc50d.jpg[/atsimg]

Living in a tourist town in Sicily I can tell you from first hand experience I see American's act out in ways here they never ever would at 'home'.

They go about as if life is one great big adult theme park where others sole responsibility is to cater to their wishes.

It's the age old - "I'm an American, I can get away with it. I can get away with it here cause I'll never come back and no one knows me and I'll never see any of them again..."

IMO this is a huge HUGE factor in the killing of Meredith Kercher by Maanda Knox?
The 'Vacation Mania' that takes a grip on so many American's is one of if not the reason Meredith is not alive today.

About jail here?

Amanda should be thanking her lucky stars she's in jail here in Italy.
Guards that love the wee lil American's.
Guard that 'hold her' all night?
How revolting is that...

As an added note - prison here ion Italy, compared to prison in the States?
Like a Holiday away from home.

You asked for it you got it Amanda.

You want to see REAL justice done?
Send the little lying killer rapist back to the USA and let her rot there for 26 years.
Oh she'll get held by the guards, but I don't think she'll like it.
Then again knowing her, maybe she will.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by silo13]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think you are going too far.
I must admit, maybe she did not do it, but evidence points out she at least was involved, covered up for it. Maybe she did it maybe she was just helping out with the murdering of her roomate. What you really can't be sure of is if she is inocent. Facts do point out that she lied over and over and that she at least held the knife and went out to buy bleach.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Knox admits to feeling 'scared' (gag)

In an interview with the Associated Press, she said: "I am scared because I don't know what is going on." Sitting in her cell, Knox said she was "feeling horrendous" after being found guilty of murder and sexual assault. "The guards helped me out. They held me all night," she added.
source

I've no doubt Knox is responsible for the death of her roommate Meredith Kercher, if not the one who actually slit her throat.

But let's not forget the victim here.

Let's not forget her very real FEAR before she was brutally murdered at the hands of the 'friends' she trusted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/978a428bc50d.jpg[/atsimg]

Living in a tourist town in Sicily I can tell you from first hand experience I see American's act out in ways here they never ever would at 'home'.

They go about as if life is one great big adult theme park where others sole responsibility is to cater to their wishes.

It's the age old - "I'm an American, I can get away with it. I can get away with it here cause I'll never come back and no one knows me and I'll never see any of them again..."

IMO this is a huge HUGE factor in the killing of Meredith Kercher by Maanda Knox?
The 'Vacation Mania' that takes a grip on so many American's is one of if not the reason Meredith is not alive today.

About jail here?

Amanda should be thanking her lucky stars she's in jail here in Italy.
Guards that love the wee lil American's.
Guard that 'hold her' all night?
How revolting is that...

As an added note - prison here ion Italy, compared to prison in the States?
Like a Holiday away from home.

You asked for it you got it Amanda.

You want to see REAL justice done?
Send the little lying killer rapist back to the USA and let her rot there for 26 years.
Oh she'll get held by the guards, but I don't think she'll like it.
Then again knowing her, maybe she will.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by silo13]

Lying little killer rapist? Hmm... two years later DNA evidence inconclusive. Wow, you are so full of hate. BTW, calling her a rapist sounds more like a subjective emotional outburst. Saying she is a rapist suggests she, well, raped. Clearly, you haven't really thought about your statement have you?

Just hope you never get caught up in the entangled web of a political justice circus where you have been found guilty of a crime you have never committed. For shame....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
uuuhhhh, haven't you guys heard? she was found innocent and is probably home by now..........i think that the news jumped the gun a bit....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You got to love the news, She was found NOT guilty.

Amanda Knox heads for home after acquittal

The news isn't news anymore, it is just another TV show like any other soap opera.
edit on 4-10-2011 by ProjectedLogic because: spelling

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join