It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox (26 years in prison) and Sollecito (25 years) guilty of Meredith Kercher murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The murder weapon was a kitchen knife that was in the apartment that they both shared. Of course her dna was on that knife.

Also, there was a blood impression of the knife left on the bedspread and it didn't match the knife that the prosecution says is the murder weapon.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

As Ive said before, its not so much sollecito being convicted that bothers me. Who knows, there's rumours that sollecito and guede had been seen together in public before minus knox, maybe it was those two and she was trying to get him off the hook.
All Im saying is that the evidence presented does not seem to indicate that knox murdered her. She could well have been aware what happened... but if you're going to lock someone away for 25 years surely you should have more to go on than dna on a knife which could easily have been used to make food with. And a poor quality shoe print which could have been 2 sizes either way.
Plus, the character assination thing. There's a reason other countries dont allow that sort of crap to go on in the courtroom... and even if that was allowed in the US/UK, you think they'd be able to give something a little more relevant than she owned a vibrator and had a few one night stands.

reply to post by ericblak1947

Lenient?! Come over to the UK, a life sentence is only 14 years and you barely serve half of that if you're well behaved.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Drugs and aclcohol with dead people in your apartment.
Dna of the victim on you.
No sign of forced entry.
Story is not straight.
People seeing you 100 meeters away from the murderer seen just before the victim gets wacked.
Fantasies about murderer on her blog before she gets to do it for real.
Wacko boyfriend that has fantasies about knifes.

What is the jurry supose to do?

She is lucky she did not do this in Hamerica, she would get on death row for sure and get a dose of lethal injection.So what if she is cute, let the girl spend some quality time behind bars, 25 years sounds nice.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

This with ohh wait, the girl just sliped and cut her throat because I was holding the knife and she fell on my hand sort of story just does not "cut it"

I'm glad that she gets to go to the brick, don't do drugs if you can't hold your hand still when having alot of passion.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
She will appeal. I doubt she did it. She had too much to lose and nothing to gain from a lust driven murder. It's laughable that some people think she is guilty ,because she acted strangely during the trial. Most people innocent or guilty act strangely when accused of murder. A person behind bars always looks guilty.

The Italians went after the wrong target if they wanted to swap hostages for CIA agents. They would have needed offspring of top American politicos. The American politicos will be putting Italy on their own no fly list. The Italians may need to put America on their own no fly lists. Italians are not the only people on earth who can railroad defendants ;if a swap is arranged it will not be for CIA agents but for an innocent Italian.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
So what if she is cute, let the girl spend some quality time behind bars, 25 years sounds nice.

That's sort of the way I look at it. Good looks does not equate to innocence. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Bluebelle

The fact they couldnt get their story straight about where they were or what they were doing between 9pm-12am is a pretty damning piece of evidence itself.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by yeti101]

****************DISCLAIMER***********************
MODS: In response to this post I do not advocate, promote, endorse, suggest or anything construed to be illegal or otherwise.

Smoking a few gaggers throughout a course of an evening will definitely reek havoc (no pun intended) to your memory. Forgetting the simplest things is common. What you were talking about in mid sentence, placement of car keys, what you were just doing, what time it is etc. This in itself was probably why they couldn't get their story straight.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by pepsi78
So what if she is cute, let the girl spend some quality time behind bars, 25 years sounds nice.

That's sort of the way I look at it. Good looks does not equate to innocence. Sorry.

It's unbelievable how many people bring this subject up. Of course good looks don't equate to innocence.

It shouldn't be a factor whatsoever.

However is seems to me that in this case the media have played their part in making a meal out of her 'good looks' and turning public opinion against her.

If you think she is guilty, fair enough, state the reasons why, evidence, testimony, forensics.......

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You're 100% correct. But out of interest, has anyone actually insinuated that because she's pretty that means she's innocent? If anything her looks have worked against her.. the media loves the whole 'bambi eyed killer' thing.

Originally posted by FlySolo
Smoking a few gaggers throughout a course of an evening will definitely reek havoc (no pun intended) to your memory. Forgetting the simplest things is common. What you were talking about in mid sentence, placement of car keys, what you were just doing, what time it is etc. This in itself was probably why they couldn't get their story straight.

Just to add to this... Ive read conflicting stories but its been reported that when she gave her first statement she had been being questioned for 14 hours, ending at around 5.45am.. she was given no food during that time and was refused a translator. Thats even without the statements about them being physically violent towards her.
I dont know about anyone else but I would have lost the plot by that point.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
She will appeal. I doubt she did it. She had too much to lose and nothing to gain from a lust driven murder.

How would she know that if she was stoned happy on drugs?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

If she was stoned and comited murder her DNA would be everywhere around the crime scene and not just the murder weapon. If she was stoned she would not have cleaned up after herself. Infact stoned muderers are usually found stoned right next to their victims. Sounds like she was put in a frame.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by pepsi78

If she was stoned and comited murder her DNA would be everywhere around the crime scene and not just the murder weapon.

First of all it's hard not to find DNA of the person that lives there, it's strange, her DNA should off been all over the place. In stead it was found where it should not be. On her personal ligerie.

Second.

She had time to arange things after she woke up from the mess she left.

abcnews.go.com...

Patrizia Stefanoni also testified that several blood samples were found in which the DNA of Knox and her former roommate Meredith Kercher were mixed together.

Either she was getting it on with the victim because that is how you get mixed dna or hard contact , stugle.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

How is 25 years a lenient sentence?

In Italy a life sentence requires the person to spend a minimum of 21-26 years in prison. That's a lot more than some other countries.

Especially when there is still a lot of doubt in public opinion about the verdict.

25 is lenient when it come to planning and torturing a person to death. I’ve been in half hour situations that were stressful and seemed like hours. The forensic evidence shows that it was a long and painful death. For Meredith the rape and assault seemed like an eternity.

Even Amanda admitted that it was a painful death. According to Natalie Hayward’s testimony when she asked Amanda “I hope Meredith didn’t suffer.” She replied “They slit her throat Natalie, she would have died slowly and in a lot of pain.”

If Amanda just shot her flat mate in the head that would be a fair sentence. but holding someone against their will and torturing is different story.

Also there is no doubt about the verdict, not one of her flat mates has come to her defense. They all know she did it. Maybe that’s because Meredith never locked her door and Amanda said she always did, she also said she didn’t have the key to police and all of the flat mates knew that her key could open any door in the apartment.

Public opinions don’t matter it’s the testimony of the people who live with her. Anyone who believes that a young lady would come home, find her apartment door open, with blood and unflushed feces in the bathroom, and still jump in the shower is nuts. Anyone who would take a shower in these conditions clearly doesn’t care about hygiene.

The shower was cut on to clean the evidence!

Amanda didn’t jump out the shower and then go with her boyfriend to have breakfast and confess that she’s afraid something happened to her roommate.

The police found Amanda and her dumb boyfriend standing outside the front door with a mop and bucket!!!!!!!!!!!! A pipe didn’t burst in the apartment earlier. Meredith didn’t cut her hand cooking at Sollecito’s apartment. They didn’t cut of cell phones to watch a movie! The stories and allabies are straight out of a Michael Bay movie script!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericblak1947

The police found Amanda and her dumb boyfriend standing outside the front door with a mop and bucket!!!!!!!!!!!! A pipe didn’t burst in the apartment earlier. Meredith didn’t cut her hand cooking at Sollecito’s apartment. They didn’t cut of cell phones to watch a movie! The stories and allabies are straight out of a Michael Bay movie script!

I'm curious. Would that have been a blood stained mop and bucket? Surely that would be on record.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

You're 100% correct. But out of interest, has anyone actually insinuated that because she's pretty that means she's innocent? If anything her looks have worked against her.. the media loves the whole 'bambi eyed killer' thing.

You're tenacious, I'll give you that.
Yes, it's a compliment.

Look,don't fool yourself. If Amanda was not a beauty, people would not be so willing to believe she was innocent.

If she were a wild eyed, wild haired, chick, precursors of "insanity", people would say, "Oh, yeah, she did it." People are superficial, Bluebelle.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I'm curious. Would that have been a blood stained mop and bucket? Surely that would be on record.

When police arrived, Knox had just put a load of Kercher's laundry into the washing machine. Amanda took the mop from Sollecito's apartment.

very strange..you tell me.

In her new trial all they have to do is get all her old roomates to speak on her behalf.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ericblak1947]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ya'll need not worry. In ninety days, she'll appeal the decision and she will be cleared. Watch. I lay you odds she will.

However, we can obfuscate and circumvent whatever we want, but the fact remains that she isn't innocent. Let's say she didn't participate. I'd still bet my bottom dollar, if I had one,
, that she masterminded the whole thing.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

How will she get off? Her and her boyfriend keep throwing themselves under the bus.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

When police arrived, Knox had just put a load of Kercher's laundry into the washing machine. Amanda took the mop from Sollecito's apartment.

very strange..you tell me.

In her new trial all they have to do is get all her old roomates to speak on her behalf.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ericblak1947]

Well that seems rather circumstantial. My god, she's doing laundry? Sorry about that but really?

Did you know that in forensic interrogation they like to watch the suspect sleep? If they sleep well then they are guilty. You know why? Because its over and they can finally stop worrying and the pressure is off.

The night she was convicted, she didn't sleep a wink.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Trust me, as guilty as she most likely is, she'll get off. He may not, but she will.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join