It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Russian nightclub kills 76 - report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Explosion in Russian nightclub kills 76 - report

uk.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - An explosion ripped through a nightclub in the Russian city of Perm near the Ural mountains on Friday killing 76 people, Interfax news agency quoted police as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russian train wreck 'an act of terror'

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What a horrible turn of events, people out having a good time losing their lives in an explosion. Reminds me of the Bali Bombings a few years back.

This story is less than half an hour old, I will bring more when I get it, so I'm not sure if it a terrorist bombing or an accident.

But I wonder if it has anything to do with the explosion on the train line last week?

Sky News is saying it is over 100 dead:

More than 100 people have been killed in an explosion at a nightclub in Russia, reports say.

News agencies quoted police as saying the blast had been caused by firecrackers.

The explosion happened in the city of Perm, about 700 miles east of the capital Moscow.

It rocked the nightclub where around 200 people were inside, police reportedly said

Earlier reports said 15 people had been killed and another 60 were injured.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The death toll has risen to at least 101 people now. It also seems that it was not a terrorist attack, but an unfortunate incident involving fireworks:

A spokesman for the prosecutor-general's main investigative unit told Itar-Tass that it was not a terrorist attack.

"We are talking about a failure to observe fire regulations," he said.

The Russian government has set up a special commission to deal with the incident.

Regional officials said that fireworks used at the party were too big for closed premises and were intended for outdoor use.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fireworks blast in Russian nightclub 'kills scores'

The timing of this, so soon after the two train explosions, is awfully suspect though.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
oh this is bad news
that's alot of causualties

the train explosion was very political
this isnt' at all

they still might pin it down as a terroist attack though

or could just be like when school shootings happen many more follow

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Fireworks in a nightclub..

Seems that Russia is not going along with the NWO plan..... first a train wreck and now a nightclub bombing....

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In the other thread about the train bombing, I posted about a letter that was posted at the Kavkaz website two days before the Nevsky Express train attack.

"Friday is the most blessed day of the week for Muslims. Friday is the weekly holiday for the Muslim Ummah. Therefore we have chosen this day to attack Russia, as a gift for the holiday."

This "accident" at the Russian nightclub happened to occure on a Friday as well. Maybe it's a coincidence, but still...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4 Dec 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The death toll has now risen to 112. 130 are hospitalized. 85 in critical condition and 61 are on a life support breathing machine.

Russian cafe fire death toll rises to 112 - TV

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In this video from RussiaToday is footage from when the fire started.

new topics

top topics

join