It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be happy if all Religions United?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Many here no doubt says that the world's problems are because of religion, but what if they united. The chatholics with the Anglican's and Protestants, Shiites with Sunni Muslims, Jews with Muslims, Hindus with Buddhists and so on.
Would the average person without faith agree that it would be better if they all united?

Now say that to the prophecy lecturers and they know it is not the best master plan.

But I will leave you to say what you think, will add more meat to the equation later.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sure, if we could then ban that one.

Religions are nasty enterprises built on demonizing one aspect or another of ordinary human nature.

We're better off without them.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here, here apacheman, we'd be better off with no religions.

Most religious people would be happy if all religions became one...only problem is that they would want it to be the one that they joined, since only they are the "righteous" and hate all the "non-believers".

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just wrote a philosopher paper just two nights ago on what is happiness and the state of it. Are we talking about the various faiths' coming to an agreement of some sorts or more or less all the faiths' just adopting to one belief? Also it would depend on what sort of agreement it does turn out to be, because one false step on an others toes will lead to a war amongst the table.

I'd say having faith is fine, I currently don't belong to one; but the majority of my friends do and I get along with them. It's when others seem to take it a step to far is when it becomes the problem. That's the only thing I can see, even if they are united what of the ones who still take it to far? They could easily start a problem just the same as they do now ( if one can deem it a problem some may not, but I do. )

The short of the matter is overall I suppose is the higher ups of religions would be fine and dandy rules maybe changed and such; but their are still extremist to worry about and it would be as if nothing had ever changed because they in a sense would still exist to cause turmoil for someone else.

Though maybe I misinterpreted the post entirely I'm still not 100% used to ATS yet

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No.
Human diversity is the gateway to creativity.

Would you like it if all people looked the same? Ate the same? If we all spoke one language like french?

Religion is a weak persons scape goat to blame all of lifes problems on. I have news for you, religion doesn't cause people to kill someone else. That is a conscious choice. You can blame religion but to say it made you do it is weak.

Religion is behind most of mankinds greatest achievements, pyramids, chapels, art, literature, music and the list goes on.

I do believe we are headed for a one world religious system but I fear it will not be for the good of mankind.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
indeed, one world religion would still divide us, dividement is what it's all about, didn't you notice how much trouble the bankers go through to keep the world economy floating? one world currency wouldn't be good for 'their' cause.

Just like the major world religions wouldn't want one religion.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Many here no doubt says that the world's problems are because of religion, but what if they united. The chatholics with the Anglican's and Protestants, Shiites with Sunni Muslims, Jews with Muslims, Hindus with Buddhists and so on.
Would the average person without faith agree that it would be better if they all united?

So they can argue amongst themselves which story is the ultimate truth?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hmmm, it would never last. Put 3 people in a room you'll get 4 definitions of the "ultimate" truth

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Even if they tried to do a one world religion it is another new religion in it self and by then it is just another apostate faith.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This would be ideal

This is reality

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Amazingly enough, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have amazing similarities. There are some very obvious differences between the religions, but there is a lot in common as well. Some rituals and prayers, for example, have some striking similarities.

I would even throw in Buddhism as another religion that bears a great deal in common with these three religions, though markedly different as well in many ways.

Freemasonry would probably emerge as the public model for a world religion. First, it's monotheistic. Second, it accepts all members of every faith. It's probably as close to a world religion as one could find, though many would argue it's not a religion (which is true, to a degree).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This seems like it may happen if properly nurtured, it seems possible if over time islam, cristianity and judiasm unted on the prinicple of abraham being in the roots of the religion.

But it woud be much tougher to add the customs of buddism and hindu into this one religion.

Also, there are also the inevitable "non-conformists" who will likely form another religion (satanic?)

top topics

join