It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Angel? Or what?????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Thanks for taking a look!

I don't understand what you mean by "right angle shadows." Can you explain it in such a way that a complete camera-illiterate like myself might understand?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Ahhhh....shucks.....now I'm blushing.....

What a wonderful comment. You made my afternoon! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4273af7547ac.jpg[/atsimg]
The piece that is highlighted looks like a rectangle of blur has been removed. lens flare is circular and would not have a rectangular piece missing it would be equal on both sides, same would go for a water droplet. Can you notice the darker piece ive highlighted

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Do you mean the white "line" or the darker shadow-looking part? I see both, but I'm not sure which one would be the lens flare.

I found some freebie photoshop online and tried to distort pics. I didn't do a very good job, but I think someone with the time, right software, and the motivation could probably fake just about any photograph. Which kinda stinks, to be honest. There goes photographic evidence of everything.

Thanks again for helping! I appreciate the explanations!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
[edit on 8-12-2009 by jpvskyfreak]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

LOL YEAH I THOUGHT THE SAME THING IT DOES RESEMBLE PINKY BLINKY AND THE OTHER ONES FROM PAC MAN HOWEVER I DO FIND THE WATER DROPLET THEORY TO BE A REALLY GOOD ANSWER....I DIDNT THINK OF THAT I THOUGHT PHOTOSHOP BUT WATER DROPLET MADE ME THINK THAT PERHAPS IT WAS A GENUINE PICTURE AFTER ALL AND NATURE JUST DECIDED TO RAIN ON THEIR PARADE

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

"If it is an angel I'd say he's a bit late by the photo there, wasn't he "given charge over us lest we cast our foot upon a stone." looks like he missed his chance to save someone from a twisted metal car wreck. I say if it is an angel he's loosing his wings for letting this happen."

(sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to paste the previous comment into my reply. So I'll do it the old-fashioned way.)

I agree....this is another reason why the "angel" theory doesn't sit very well with me. Of course, I guess you could argue that the angel managed to save his life, etc. etc.

Perhaps you could even argue that its not an angel at all, but something sinister? Interesting thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

"I think ATS has jaded me! "

Not jaded.....perhaps just more, shall we say, skeptical????

Thanks for the input. That does sound possible, I'll try that out and see what happens!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am afraid you are all rubbing up against the wrong bark...

This is conclusive evidence that the marshmallow man has indeed been captured by the (whoo ya gonna call) ghostbusters.

I am surprised that the other keen beans have not their eye spy looking glasses on.

OP! Nice pic. hav'nt seen this before although i dont think it was a positive memory for those involved.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Mabs1982]

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Mabs1982]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabs1982

No, I'm sure it was a horrible event and I really debated with myself over whether I should share the pic with ATS. After all, its a terrible time in their lives and if it was me or my family I don't think I would want it shown online.

But the picture has really intrigued me, so I tried to keep the story anonymous. Hopefully it did come across anonymously.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It did very much so and thank you for sharing.

The picture does have a mystical aura about it and i am very aware that angels will make themselves known to avoid smething happening to someone when it's not supposed to.

The side note for me would be how bad this was and if there lack of injury or escape from a fatality, if you get what i mean. An angel will always protect you if you are not meant to leave yet.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I dont know looks like a blurr on the camera to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just an update on this in case you are interested.

I have tried to duplicate the strange 'angel' effect with my own camera, to no avail.

The water droplet just smeared and looked like, well, water.

I never did figure out the photo enhancement website, so that's still an option (and, to be honest, probably the best explanation so far).

The last I heard, the young man was still in the hospital, albeit improving.

Happy New Years, All!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm voting for something on the Lens or some kind of Lens Flare too.

Besides, if that's an Angel then how did Jacob wrestle with something that was not corporeal? Not to mention that the Angels of the Hebrew Torah and the Christian Bible were not things that you'd ever want to encounter. The only times they appear in those texts was to cause death and destruction, not to serve and protect.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

can you say Photoshop.

<< 1  2   >>

join