It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Angel? Or what?????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

If by "inspirational" you mean helping someone feel even warmer and fuzzier about their personal delusions and fantasies, you could be right!

If someone chooses to believe in a higher, benevolent power why must this be a delusion or fantasy? Perhaps they simply had an experience they choose to interpret in such a fasion. And it is a comforting though; with so many things in our world that we can't control, its nice to think there's Someone watching out for us.

I'm not sure that casually dismissing a belief treasured and shared by many people of faith is warranted. But perhaps I misunderstood your intent. Regardless, thanks for the input!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
to everyone who suggests that the image was formed by a drop of water on the lens....has anyone been able to duplicate the effect?
has anyone even tried?

i've never seen a drop of water influence an image in such a way.
also, i've personally seen a very similar, almost EXACT manifestation, or whatever, take place (materialize), exist for a small bit, and then likewise de-materialize...

but it was not in a photo - it was with my own eyes without any glasses or anything else between me and what i saw

and the circumstances did seem to imply, at the time, that what i was seeing was a sentient being consciously interacting with its environment and material reality; in the capacity of what many might call angelic, too

it's good to be a skeptic, no doubt
but without any kind of scientific method, nothing can be proven or disproved, either way

if it doesn't seem possible that it was an angel, then show us what it could have possibly been!
with repeatable consistent methods, that is.

science can prove anything, even the seemingly impossible!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing, this is very interesting. I have no idea what it is or why it is as there are many unknowns in the world. I have never met an angel or had a NDE so I cannot say what it is or isn't but it is neat. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I must say it's the most angelic smudge blur thing I've ever seen. Could be a water droplet like everyone else said but who knows. One thing is for sure it doesn't look like an angel or like any of the depictions of angels that have entered pop culture.

If it is an angel I'd say he's a bit late by the photo there, wasn't he "given charge over us lest we cast our foot upon a stone." looks like he missed his chance to save someone from a twisted metal car wreck. I say if it is an angel he's loosing his wings for letting this happen

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It looks, to me, to be a photo taken of a reflection of the whole scene, and then reversed through a photo-editing program. The "Angel" looks to be a dent in the metal reflecting surface and the flash of the camera, along with the photographer seen through/around the flash.

Now, I only say this because the first thing I thought of when I saw it was: "How would I reproduce this?" I thought "With the back of an '82 Chevy truck mirror".. You know, the big chrome ones they put on Chevys.
That was my first impression.

Kind of sad I never, for a second, thought "Angel". I think ATS has jaded me!

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
double-post

Cuhail

[edit on 12/5/2009 by Cuhail]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
but, suspecting something can be reproduced in a certain known way is not the same as demonstrating the same thing.

ya' know?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I haven't owned a Chevy truck with chrome mirrors in a while, so, I can't just run outside and snap one off, ya know?
And if I did, would I knock a dent in it, just to prove what it looks like to me?
Maybe in your world.

You try it.

Besides, who am I to even say it's not exactly what it's claimed to be? I'm just saying that the IMMEDIATE sense I got from it was "Reflection", then I looked for backwards letters on the fire truck. Nope, no backwards letters, but, that's a two click process on my PhotoSuite software to fix that.
Simply reproduced. Just my opinion.
Cuhail

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Lens flare...reflecting off the headlight or windshield of the vehicle.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Honestly, my first thought when I saw the email photo was that the image was blurred, like something moving very fast. Maybe a bug?

Or maybe someone had a little too much caffeine....

EXACTLY!!

see how the white mass literally seems to be caught in a very fast motion? nothing else in the picture is blurred out of proportion like that white stuff is.

not even the rescue workers - and you know they certainly were moving along at the most efficient clip possible for the task.

so, whoever took that picture obviously had it on a very fast frame rate or shutter speed (depending upon the type of camera used for the shot) - because the flurry of activity around the rescue didn't come out at as a flurry at all.

which means that whatever that white artifact is....it is vibrating at a VERY high frequency!!

here is a place where you might send it in for analysis, if you so choose:
www.assap.org...
it is at the website of 'The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (ASSAP).'

the linked-to-page itself has a lot of information but there is an email link in the first paragraph, under the heading of 'Paranormal photo analysis,' to which an inquiry may be sent.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I don't know that I could send it in for analysis, since all I have is the email of the image. I will send your suggestion on to my friend and see if they want to follow up.

I did try to duplicate the photo by putting a water drop on the lens of my camera. All I really got was a smeared photo, so if it is a water drop I didn't duplicate it correctly.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I guess this is a possibility....but I'm kinda camera and photoshop illiterate. What steps would I take to do this? I'm trying to reproduce the same effect with my own camera.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I'm really not sure what we're looking at here, but I've done some photography work in my time and I don't believe it to be a water droplet. But, with that said, I can't really say what it is. I'm sure it could be something paranormal, but it looks a little creepy to me... ok, a whole lot creepy and I'm not sure why, LOL! I believe in angels, but I hope they don't look like this!

It is a very interesting photo though. Anything is possible. I don't know... I don't get a very good feeling from it for some reason... probably just because it looks creepy, hehe.
I don't even pretend to be the least bit psychic or have any kind of ability to pick up "vibes," lol.

I'm glad to see that you are trying to debunk the photo yourself! If I had to guess, I would say that it was some kind of motion blur. Maybe an insect was flying very close to the camera or a bird even. Or maybe it really is an angel! I just hope mine looks a little different than that, ha ha!

Edited because lease and least have two totally different meanings.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah that's the one I thought it was going to be ... makes a change to see something different though.

Whatever it is I enjoyed seeing it.

Woody

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry to burst bubbles but its CGI, photoshop or one of the many other manipulation programmes. The photograph as a whole has a specific amount of colour noise. The blur round the "Wings"!! also has the same noise so it is probably steam or smoke from the vehicle and part of the original. The wing/angel shapes are a cut and paste from a photograph that did not have the same levels of noise and was almost certainly taken at a lower ISO level.

Respects

[edit on 7-12-2009 by captiva]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Thanks for the input.....now can you translate that into English for those of us who are techno-impaired?

I don't have photoshop or any type of photo-enhancing/editing software. Is this something I could find and use online? And could you tell me in a general way how to do it? I am trying to reproduce it myself, or something similar, in order to debunk it.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Interesting that your first impression was negative. When I opened the email and read the story, I thought it would be a sweet-looking picture, too. And seeing the actual photo was disturbing to me. I'm not sure why, something about the movement implied in the pic, I guess. I think that's one reason I want to try and figure out how to duplicate it with technology; it would make me feel better!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have seen what I thought were angels twice. Both times it was at a hospital.

The first time was when I was visiting a friend who was going to have surgery and she was very afraid.

I looked out the hospital and I clearly saw two angels sitting on the outside window ledge.

The next time was when I arrived at the hospital at day break to have a serious surgical procedure.

To my surprise I saw angels on all the window ledges and all over the top of the hospital buildings.

Each time I saw them they were very tall and had wings the were huge.

I got the impression that they were at the hospital because so many people were being prayed for that were patients.

My husband did not see them. I believe you only see them when you need to see them.

Of course I could be insane.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Im a bit concerned about the piece of the photo i have highlighted, it cant be lens flare or water droplets they dont have right angled shadows.
I think it may have been shopped, but thats just an opinion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4273af7547ac.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I don't know what the photo depicts -- not my field (above my pay grade *cough*)

......but I think it's pretty cool, and the really good part of the story is implied -- that the person survived.

Thanks for sharing it with us, and most of all, thanks for your easy manner, Smyleegirl. Where others in your position would take offense at some of the comments, you welcome them and take it all in stride. I think you're probably a rare element here at ATS, and one I appreciate.

cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join