It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbis back Muslims on minaret ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Rabbis back Muslims on minaret ban

www.jpost.com

Citing religious discrimination, a diverse coalition of Jewish organizations is objecting to Switzerland's ban of minarets on local mosques.

Swiss voters this week approved by a strong majority a referendum outlawing the construction of minarets. The measure, pushed by the right-wing Swiss People's Party (SVP), was supported by 57 percent of the population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
english.aljazeera.net

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Things like this show how there still are some religious groups who irrespective of their faith/religion support other faiths/religion. Small moments like this keep our faith in human mankind.

Few quotes from the article itself

Rabbi Pinchas Dunner, executive director of the Conference of European Rabbis, an Orthodox organization, said "a war on religious freedom cannot defeat Islamic extremists. The best weapon against radical Islam is support for moderate elements in the Muslim community and promoting interfaith dialogue."

In contrast, the Anti-Defamation League tied the move to religious discrimination against Jews.

"This is not the first time a Swiss popular vote has been used to promote religious intolerance," said the ADL in a press release. "A century ago, a Swiss referendum bannedJewish ritual slaughter, in an attempt to drive out its Jewish population."

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I back the Swiss voters. There's enough religious eyesores as it is and they'd be polluting the ears five times a day.

No thanks.

Religion should be practiced in private: keep it out of my face and ears, please.

That includes all religions, I don't discriminate. Christians annoy me even more, as they far more prevalent here.

join