It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden of Eden-discovered?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by serbsta

Very interesting discovery. What symbolic or real meaning do you suppose is represented by those baskets?

I stated the answer in my previous post...

In most cases, and especially with Babylonian/Akkadian mythology, the baskets that the 'gods' are holding are meant to hold the 'waters of life'. I don't know what you mean by 'real' meaning, it's impossible to determine whether these were depictions of physical items or the symbolic representations of a forgotten language that has long been lost.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by serbsta

Very interesting discovery. What symbolic or real meaning do you suppose is represented by those baskets?

I stated the answer in my previous post...

In most cases, and especially with Babylonian/Akkadian mythology, the baskets that the 'gods' are holding are meant to hold the 'waters of life'. I don't know what you mean by 'real' meaning, it's impossible to determine whether these were depictions of physical items or the symbolic representations of a forgotten language that has long been lost.

That's why we're guessing.
Waters of life is kind of vague... Holy water? Liquid cell compound? Booze? Anointing oils (was a good guess)?
What I mean is they may have a symbolic meaning as well as a real meaning. It is a basket for collecting whatever is there...but it may be representative of biodiversity as wings are representative of Gods in ancient art. "Water of life" can mean the genetic information, or dna code (in liquid form?) needed to upgrade or modify a species. But would you carry that in a basket when you have vials clearly seen in other carvings?
I wonder if the basket is representative of gathering something from here on earth or might it contain something that was brought from another world to add or change something here on earth. Maybe it represents a food gift, that was customary for meeting new people. It might represent birth.

Here is this bit encyclopedia.jrank.org... that does nothing to advance any one theory but is interesting and perhaps significant re:BASKET
"vessel made of twigs, cane or rushes, as well as of a variety of other materials, interwoven together, and used for holding, protecting or carrying any commodity The process of interweaving twigs, rushes or leaves, is practiced among the rudest nations of the world; and as it is one of the most universal of arts, so also does it rank among the most ancient industries, being probably the origin of all the textile arts of the world . Decorative designs in old ceramic wares are derived from the marks left by the basket mould used before the invention of the potter's
wheel, and in the willow pattern on old china, and the basket capitals
mouldings of Byzantine architecture,influence of the basketmaker's art is clearly traceable. Essentially primitive craft, its relative importance is in inverse ratio to the industrial development of a people"

"We are containers" is repeated in ET themes. Maybe it represents containers for our spirit or essence, which might be as you say waters of life.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

The baskets may symbolize a Nation a woman or a wedding by googling ancient and "represented by a basket", or "symbolized by a basket."
Now I am more curious about the pinecone he is holding than the recurring theme baskets. Going to see what I can find....
books.google.com... MhY&hl=en&ei=cNYjS4r7A4uutgegtJ3ZBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CCQQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
UR and Eridu - The British Excavations of 1919
www.jstor.org...
This is extremely interesting, involves some reading but being an older document written near the time of the actual discovery and in keeping with Biblical Archeology subject.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
spookfish
regarding the DNA discoveries...these do not specifically mention the "off planet" composition of the element....but does mention the unidentified gene sequence that was found in our dna

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... newly found pol sequence is embedded in 5′- and 3′-UTR sequences from HeT-Avir to form an element that appears to be a non-LTR retrotransposon. We refer to this putative element as Uvir. The level of identity with the HeT-A sequences is remarkable. Noncoding regions are expected to evolve much faster than coding regions. The high level of identity with the HeT-A 5′- and 3′-UTR sequences suggests that this element is a chimera between HeT-Avir and an unknown coding sequence.
The nature and origin of Uvir is unclear.. Identification of the donor of the pol gene would help settle this question and perhaps give insight into the evolution of telomeric retrotransposons.

www.scienceagogo.com... nucleotide could revolutionize field of epigenetics
The identification of a sixth nucleotide in the mammalian DNA code suggests a previously unknown layer of complexity exists between our basic genetic blueprints and the creatures that we grow into...

www.scienceagogo.com... humans possess an extraterrestrial conscious ability? Is there an extraterrestrial dimension within our consciousness? Is it part of our DNA?

www.jupiterscientific.org...
The amino acid sequence of a protein coded by a gene is determined from the genetic code. Without this "biological Rosetta stone," Nature's four-letter texts would be as incomprehensible as a message from an alien civilization. Less than 1.5% of the genome encodes proteins; the rest consists of non-coding sequences, a sizeable fraction of which is junk, meaning that it appears to have no present biological purpose. In fact, the human genome is a genetic jungle full of sequences of "freeloaders," "parasites," "hitchhikers," "ancient viral invaders," and "evolutionary fossils" that are all competing for space on the DNA molecule. The "hitchhikers," scientifically known as transposons, have copied themselves and jumped from place to place.

genome.cshlp.org... it is possible that the non-protein-coding sequences in mammalian genomes contain large amounts of regulatory information used to program the complexities of mammalian development, including tetrapod body plan, placental development, and a highly developed brain, particularly in humans (Mattick 2007; Taft et al. 2007). This possibility is made all the more intriguing by the recent discovery that the vast majority of the mammalian genome is transcribed, apparently in a developmentally regulated manner.

www.scienceweek.com...
1) The filing of patents containing DNA sequences has been
contentious since it was first attempted two decades or so ago.
The issue has often been polarized with companies sometimes
seeking to patent broadly and others, notably funders of public
research and some key scientists, wishing to make all sequence
data fully available to all researchers. But the climate of free
access is under increasing pressure as universities around the
world are now setting up offices to encourage and facilitate
patent protection of as much of their staff's research as
possible to generate potentially lucrative royalty income.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting site, but why jump to the Garden of Eden story??

Genesis clearly points to Egypt, when it says that the river flowed out of Eden and became four branches. There is only one river that does this in this region, and that is the Nile.

Thus it is likely that Garden of Eden was actually the Garden of Aton - the garden made by Pharaoh Akhenaton on the eastbank of the Nile (his god was called Aton or Eton). Since Akhenaton was the primary architect of monotheism, and his brother was called Moses, I think we have an amount of synergy here.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe baskets are showing up in multiple areas because a device for carrying items is handy. Especially if you need to transport something, anything.

Interesting theory. Can anyone provide evidence to support this claim?

I'm not sure though. I mean, you are going out on a limb here.

But let's say you are correct, and the baskets are for "transport" as you call it... then what? So they carry items in baskets from point A to point B? I just don't see this theory adding up.

Good idea though!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here are some theories on the "water bucket"

Container, Vessel, Flow of the Collective Unconsciousness or Grid Matrix
Restore to Zero Point, Aquarian Age, Water Bearers

Handing the water/liquid/blood of life to a bio-genetically engineered hu-man Tree of Life

Source: www.crystalinks.com...

... a creator god, is often portrayed carrying a water bucket. This takes us to vessels, containers, blood, sacred bloodline, water, the flow of the collective unconsciousness, and the return to balance in Aquarius.

Source: www.care2.com...

The links provided give more detail and more photos for those that are interested.

Theory is that it appears to be creating a new "Blood Line".

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Me dontz think you can find EDEN in this realm its too dark. But keep trying.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think "commonly believed to be" is wrong. This is not common stuff. Just like the lotus blossom/snake common belief of Egyptian art. You would choke on your parasites, if you really knew the truth.

Commonly believed is agreeing to agree which carries no weight here!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MacroVisio

I know people think this thing was intentionally buried, but I think it was covered over by water first, which then dried out. Go to the following link and zoom in as close as you can get.

Link to Google Maps - Gobekli Tepe

Notice how there is a very distinct erosion line all around the area. You can clearly see that the entire place was in the middle of an ancient lake. So, somehow the place got covered over by water, and undoubtedly the sand and dirt covered the place over time.

Perhaps this is just one more example of a catastrophic flood, at least in this region of the world.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by downisreallyup]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

This is the original thread on the Gobekli Tepi location in Turkey posted almost a year ago. The moderator missed have missed it.

I am just linking to the new thread so the information can stay together. I believe this is a different news agency reporting anyway. Cheers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here are 2 videos but the language I think must be Turkish?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Nope if you found it you would be burned by a very hot sword befor you could escape. Dont think its located within this universeal view of things UM JUST SAYEN
WHY WOULD THE CREATOR AFTER BANISHING US FROM WITHIN IT ALLOW US TO FIND THE TREE OF LIFE?

[edit on 2/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am still amazed at this site. God I pray the, find me a way to go there>
No documentaries yet of this site in english. I cry conspiracy!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Did you think I found it?

I didn't find it. Some archeologists found it, actually I think a shepherd stumbled on the location but it is as old as the Garden of Eden probably is so they think this might be it. Gobekli Tepe

Yup. They think they found one of the Gardens of Eden.
I don't think any one got pierced with a sword or anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If they found it immortality would be at hand w/o any guidence imagine the mess creatures living forever and having no clue what for. SERIOUSLY and no I dont think you found it I have seen that site before I was just commenting that its not within mankinds or anykinds grasp.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

If they found it immortality would be at hand w/o any guidence imagine the mess creatures living forever and having no clue what for. SERIOUSLY and no I dont think you found it I have seen that site before I was just commenting that its not within mankinds or anykinds grasp.

Why not? Why wouldn't it be in mankinds grasp? If it was here ever - it didn't levitate off the planet? If it has not been discovered yet - it could theoretically be discovered. You would pick the most probable location(s) and dig.

What do you mean immortality would be at hand? What are you talking about? Where does it say that anywhere at all in the first place, and even so, if it was written anywhere - why would you believe it?

[edit on 25-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Even the Human Genome Project is showing 20 some chromosomes, which are by all definitions EXTRATERRESTRIAL in that they are of no particle found on earth.

Ummmm no.... If the chromosomes are found in humans that makes them very terrestrial.

Could this place have been where genetic experiments were performed, using a variety of animal life (and where were these already here from...who created them-maybe THAT is "Our" God and these aliens simply interfered with what was here) to come up with the perfect (and imperfect!) worker.

Using stone blocks to do genetic experiments? Why don't you try finding evidence of an ancient chair,desk, pen or calculatorbefore you start in with the genetic expirements stuff. With all the "advanced tecknology" that they had back then all anyone could do is carve stuff in stone and clay?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

There is no color contrast on your avatar so the name is hard to see but I think we have gone through all this before -concerning the extraterrestrial gene component. I'd rather not explain the whole thing to you again (if it was even you the last time) so maybe you could check the links above where this is explained. It is by no means a definite fact but a possibility hypothesized by the scientist's.
Theory holds that foreign bacteria came to earth in a meteor so although it became terrestrial once it was here, it was not originally from this planet so others have called this genetic information extraterrestrial. Although I am sure you are extremely knowledgeable - afraid I'll have to go with the experts on this one because it makes a great deal of sense.
Chair, computer...that is pretty funny. They did find the Baghdad battery but I think this site is even older than that so we won't find any modern conveniences like a ball point pen or anything...but I imagine they are still looking for artifacts so if they find a laptop or a cellphone I am sure we'll hear about it here on ATS pretty quickly.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join