It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden of Eden-discovered?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is this the garden of Eden?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

You will not be able to discuss anything if you don't read the story since there is no definitive answers -shouting out about how God said this or that or there is no God and so no Eden...(how could you get to that conclusion I wonder) or any such thing without erading and telling me what this place IS IF IT IS NOT EDEN? And how does it fit in with your ideas about our origins.

I believe in God. Don't know anything about God except that. Admittedly I may be wrong, I'd rather take that chance because who ever it is that isn't there...has been inexplicably good to me/you will just have to trust me on this bit.
I am a Catholic but I also believe in evolution and all science, even bad science until it is disproved to my satisfaction.

I also believe much of what Zecharia Sitchtin has translated from the Sumerian texts discovered less than a hundred years ago...with NEW INFORMATION YOU HAVE TO UPDATE YOUR THINKING - REVISE
...and so I am also open to the possibility we were MADE by alien beings from another planet....this over time got translated to what we have todaay called the Bible and Religion etc...
Even in Zecharia Sitchtins rendition there is A FATHER, ANU who seems smarter than the sons and takes control. I hang onto the fact that we can send television signals to the outer reaches of space so a "God" watching over me, even manipulating things from afar does not seem so far fetched.
Did THIS God/Anu (his son actually) create ALL THE UNIVERSE or just us? Maybe Anu has a God over him...maybe that is the supreme I AM. Zero point field.
If there is a God is it this Father Anu who is either accurately or accidentally deified? Is it Anu who though watered down or exaggerated in all religious Tomes-who is the deity who is still with us, through an ancient memory today?

Even the Human Genome Project is showing 20 some chromosomes, which are by all definitions EXTRATERRESTRIAL in that they are of no particle found on earth.

Could this place have been where genetic experiments were performed, using a variety of animal life (and where were these already here from...who created them-maybe THAT is "Our" God and these aliens simply interfered with what was here) to come up with the perfect (and imperfect!) worker.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've followed this dig with intense interest for the last year or so. So star and flag for bringing it up again.
The thing that baffles me is why go through the trouble of burying it? Why not smash it? Wouldn't that take less effort than moving the massive amounts of earth?
It seems that who ever did it wanted that place to disappear forever but they left it completely intact???

I seems to point to the beginning of the deception over our true origins

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I don't know if that's the garden of Eden or not, but I was thinking off topic a bit and if it is, the basis of the moral of the story is they had too many people to continue to be hunters and gathers and had to start farming and so they fell from paradise by destroying it.

And I was thinking maybe this explains why Eve was blamed for the fall of man in the Bible. To the people of the day, women are where kids come from and women and children need feed. So, because women have children they had to try to get men to eat from the tree of knowledge (learn how to farm) if you will so that the population could be fed.

So because the families required fruit from the tree of knowledge (farming) to feed everyone man became a farmer causing the fall from paradise if you will. So, now man if you will had to spend his days laboring in the dust of the ground doing work.

But I don't know. Maybe they still meant something else by the tree of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry,but can you explain me what does that mean?

Even the Human Genome Project is showing 20 some chromosomes, which are by all definitions EXTRATERRESTRIAL in that they are of no particle found on earth.

What particles not found on Earth do these chromosomes contain?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow that is amazing. I would work my but off just to be there.
So bitchen just to be part of a dig like that. Any openings?
Great story thank you for posting that. SnF

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

RE: Your question - I looked...sorry
The original website and information from the human genome project site is gone. I read it almost two years ago. The first, rense link references the extraterrestrial materials, but its second hand info- inconclusive I know.
The other 2 reference the unidentified portions of dna discovered stopping short of comparing their atomic structure to known elements and coming up with no matches.

www.rense.com...

www.sciencedirect.com...
(sorry this link didn't work-must be protected or something-to find this google exact phrase "Chimpanzee genome project for understanding ourselves" and science direct)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
This has much of the information previously offered...not definitive but what is? For you to reach your own conclusions on all this.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Garden of Eden?
Ummm no.

Aliens?
Ummm no.

A lost past?
Possibly IMHO.

I feel that the more we dig there and find other such locations that we will uncover or pull back the veil of an older forgotten and possibly hidden past. Modern man has supposedly been around for something like 200.000 years. The site is roughly from a period of 9.000 BC by some estimates.

Where the hell have we been in the preceding 189.000 years?

Hunter Gatherers by left foot!

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We will need to do some exploration along the near coast lines to find underwater sites. I'm a firm believe that mankind had to start over when the last of the iceage melt off flooded areas we once occupied. Man had to move inland and or to higher ground when this occurred.

One of my threads related to my theory.
Enjoy
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

[edit on 5-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Those stones seem very strangely well preserved to me.

Thats all I can really comment on the subject.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
those ancient remains are what is left of an abandoned 'Hunt Club' for the wealthy city dwellers ...

it started as a 'Trading Post' type of arrangement but later developed into an exclusive 'Hunt Club'... something like a plague or virus is what may have caused the site to be abandoned by that society

besides, the Genesis Garden is unapproachable according to tradition,
there is a angel with a firey sword stationed there to keep man from entering it ever again.
[which might be explained by the 'Dead Zone' of the Black Sea where no oxygen exists after a certain depth]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
WHY?

Why are you insisting on digging up old subjects that have already been discussed ad nauseum here on ATS. This is not the first time you've done this.

This location was already on US surveys as far back as 1964. Yes it's interesting but perhaps you should consider reading some of the many excellent threads already in existence on the subjects you're interested in, prior to starting and old 'new' thread.

"Even the Human Genome Project is showing 20 some chromosomes, which are by all definitions EXTRATERRESTRIAL in that they are of no particle found on earth."

This quote is quite horrendous. If true it's the biggest news since the dinosaurs. But lets think about it. Is it true? Nah.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just becuase you don`t believe it`s true doesn`t mean it isn`t, ya know?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Although I think it is a great archaeological find, I think the author of the article is making way too many assumptions based on the observation of mere stone and pictographs. The location makes sense and the carbon dating perhaps sounds. Regarding hunters giving up on the hunt because they choose community over eating sounds absurd. "Well, there are no more animals...so...let's put this seed in the ground and see what happens." It's always frustrating to hear that humans are thought of as stupid on the sole fact that they lived 100+ years from our own lifetime. Typically in the past when temples are buried/destroyed it was due to either a changed collective mindset or invasion. Off the cuff, it does appear to be a place of worshiping stones/animals remiscent of cultures like the Minoans. Did these people bury their own false gods? Was it covered by a neighboring tribe that requisitioned the lands? I don't think the author has substantiated enough evidence to say. One thing I don't see here is an allegory.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
those ancient remains are what is left of an abandoned 'Hunt Club' for the wealthy city dwellers ...

it started as a 'Trading Post' type of arrangement but later developed into an exclusive 'Hunt Club'... something like a plague or virus is what may have caused the site to be abandoned by that society

A possibility (of many) that the author apparently overlooked.

besides, the Genesis Garden is unapproachable according to tradition,
there is a angel with a firey sword stationed there to keep man from entering it ever again.

So you believe the Garden of Eden still exists? If so, what purpose does it now (or in the future) serve?

[which might be explained by the 'Dead Zone' of the Black Sea where no oxygen exists after a certain depth]

This sounds interesting, can you expound on the theory?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I would just like to point out something interesting about some of the images at Gobekli Tepe which have always fascinated me.

Babylonian/Akkadian Anunaki; NOTE THE BASKET SHAPED ITEM:

Olmec/Toltec 'Man in Serpent'; NOTE THE BASKET SHAPED ITEM:

And finally, right here at Gobekli:

Could be nothing. It's just intriguing.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Good eye. I immediately picked up on the "baskets" too.

Have we ever really determined what they represent? Annointing, Water, Gold....?

There is no doubt they have a significant meaning.

Also... can you see the other small carvings by the handles? I can't figure them out.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

There is no doubt they have a significant meaning.

Also... can you see the other small carvings by the handles? I can't figure them out.

It is commonly believed to represent the 'waters of life', at least in Babylonian mythology. The image next to the first basket looks like some sort of bird, while next to the second it looks like another animal. Notice what looks like arrows/waves coming down from the baskets, waves can be symbolic of power and/or transition/change.

It's an interesting place.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

OK. So we are looking for an angel with a fiery sword....At least now I know what to look for when searching for the "real" garden of Eden. Apologies for the false alarm.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Very interesting discovery. What symbolic or real meaning do you suppose is represented by those baskets? I certainly don't know but now you have given me something to investigate. There must be some significance to them. Very sharp of you to pick that out from these carvings. Thanks for posting them.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
WHY?

Why are you insisting on digging up old subjects that have already been discussed ad nauseum here on ATS. This is not the first time you've done this.

This location was already on US surveys as far back as 1964. Yes it's interesting but perhaps you should consider reading some of the many excellent threads already in existence on the subjects you're interested in, prior to starting and old 'new' thread.

"Even the Human Genome Project is showing 20 some chromosomes, which are by all definitions EXTRATERRESTRIAL in that they are of no particle found on earth."

This quote is quite horrendous. If true it's the biggest news since the dinosaurs. But lets think about it. Is it true? Nah.

I am so flattered you are reading my posts. And judging by your writing skills reading is a challenge which makes your input all the more meaningful. Again, I thank you.
Sadly dinosaurs are no longer the big news they once were in the 1920's. Hardly surprising to anyone over 5 nowadays. But those extraterrestrial chromosomes are big news. At least that is what the researchers seemed to think. When I gather the details I will start a new thread. A virgin thread. Just for you.
True enough, this location was on US surveys in 1964- with every other significant location on the planet..locations are like that. lol However what was discovered AT this location is new and very recent, in the past 6 years or so...in fact they have not finished digging it out yet. I am as impressed by your psychic abilities as I am by the intriguing threads you've started here yourself. How do you think this stuff up? One day I may be on your level - like if I have a lobotomy or something.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe baskets are showing up in multiple areas because a device for carrying items is handy. Especially if you need to transport something, anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join