It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Megalithic structures found on MARS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Fist of all, stop using those exaggeratedly zoomed images, they are useless.

Now, look at the following image:

The data for that photo says that the Sun was at an angle of 9º above the horizon, so for a randomly drawn rectangle with an height of 26 pixels that would represent, on a flat surface, a shadow 151 pixels long, or 5.8 times bigger than the height of the rectangle.

As you haven't provided scale information (that you could have had if you had used the original photo instead of insisting in using Google Earth) we cannot know the size of the shadow, but I hope you understand what I mean.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Remember the angle of incidence equals angle of reflection when it comes to

full spectrum light hitting an object. When light hits an object at different angles

during the day it depends on the composition and the absorption or reflective

properties of the color of that specific object. The color of the background is a

huge factor when viewing statues, anomalies and structures. Yes other

factors of light hitting the atmosphere of Mars and type of camera plays a

role in what you are viewing or seeing in these photos. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I come from a place where I lived close to the ocean, and when you are walking by the rock cliffs, you see that kind of strange rock formations all the time.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You don't get out much, do you? Looks like crystallized basalt.

You've gotta love Phage - hahahahaha brilliant! I do NOT feel quite so left out anymore!

And I shock myself with an agreement!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Remember the angle of incidence equals angle of reflection when it comes to full spectrum light hitting an object.
Or more correctly, hitting an object and being reflected, light that is not reflected does not have a reflection angle, right?

When light hits an object at different angles during the day it depends on the composition and the absorption or reflective properties of the color of that specific object.
No, the colour is a result of composition and the absorption/reflective (I don't know any material that has only reflection or absorption, it's always a mix of the two) properties of the material.

Colour does not have absorption or reflective properties, that's why you can have a black obsidian mirror (I would like to have one
).

The color of the background is a huge factor when viewing statues, anomalies and structures.
Obviously. If the background has the same colour, for example, it's hard to distinguish where an object ends and the background starts.

The same happens with false shadows and highlights; a bright area with a dark area next to it it's always interpreted at first by our brains as being a 3D object (like the 3D effect on software buttons, for example), so what we see as a 3D object may be just a flat area with different colours.

That's the whole basis behind painting and photography, using those 3D clues to "fake" a 3D scene on a 2D medium.

Yes other factors of light hitting the atmosphere of Mars and type of camera plays a role in what you are viewing or seeing in these photos. ^Y^
That's why those cameras include a list of parameters with the image data when they send it back to Earth.

That data, added to known camera data, makes it possible for the people that work with the data to make several corrections to get the closest to reality they can, one obvious (or maybe not) thing being the shape of the photo, because photos of large areas of a roundish planet, although looking like a rectangle, represent a different shaped area, with more distortion the farther away from the best position they are.

That's why they have the information like the "Emission angle", "Phase angle", "Solar incidence angle", etc. on the image page, and much more on the "Grayscale label description" file, also available on that page.

But what does all that have to with the size of the shadow?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap, I do know scientists on Earth have developed a black material that

absorbs all of the incident light. My opinion is that alien technology has

accomplished 100% reflectivity of light in phase from an object by using nano

crystal technology impregnated or coated onto an object. ^Y^

[edit on 12-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have to admit these pictures are pretty interesting, not because they convince me or some type of artificial development, but because the pattern is something to question. Maybe there is a civilization on mars somewhere, but if there is it's probably not native.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

I don't know about that material and I do not even have any real evidence of the existence of Aliens, much less opinions about what they may have created or not, so speaking of a hypothetical material does not help in any way.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
I’m glad to announce the discovery of huge Artificial Megalithic..

Don't be glad, 'cause your bubble is about to burst! Check this out..

Your image:

Resembles this. Colored in and blurred a trifle to match your image:

Courtesy: Michael Breider

This is not on Mars but rocks on Earth!

These artificial structure are stunning proof that Mars was once inhabited by an intelligent civilization.

Huh? Says who? It would have been better if you had said 'probably' or 'may be' instead of 'are'! Because what makes you so sure that these are artificial structures?

An ancient civilization there was on Planet Mars.

There probably was, but this is not the proof that you've presented!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Not to be a troll, but seriously? You are circling blurry regions of crystalline rock, saying "do you see?" and no I don't. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but really? A prayer statue? People see what they want to see, and it seems to me that Phage has more than sufficiently proved that these formations are natural. So they aren't EXACTLY the same formation, different PLANET people. That's like saying that one snowflake is artificial because it doesn't match another.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

How extended are those formations?

You have no idea of what you are talking about....

Wait.
Time is the Ruler.
And soon I could give you the answer... in a way or the other.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You have no idea of what you are talking about....

I guess you have, right? What do you know of geology? Take a look at this.....

Basalt columns on Staffa
Courtesy: Geocaching

So how are these formed? Though the columns within the basalt may look like colossal crystals, they develop after the lava has solidified. As the rock cools and contracts, cracks form in the most efficient pattern - hexagonal from the bird's-eye view. The resulting columns vary from five to ten feet across and up to about a hundred feet in height. Because the cracks grow perpendicular to the cooling surface, the columns tend to be vertical.

So much for a small lesson in geology! Now, Mars was known to have considerable volcanic activity millions of years ago. These near vertical columns are probably the result of solidified lava as described above.

However, the conditions being a little different on Mars, the vertical columns would probably be much higher than what one finds on Earth. Like gravity being a little over one third that of Earth's.

No wonder Olympus Mons which is three times as tall as Mount Everest, is the tallest volcano in the Solar System!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Again.
Sorry, but I must repeat:

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Huh?

Yes! I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Now stop stonewalling and get to the point. And that point is:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Ahhh yes! Martian structures galore! Ok, if you're so sure that you've found 'artificial megalithic structures on MARS' as your thread title reads, PROVE IT! Where I'm concerned, all I see is rocks, rocks, and more rocks! Which is the result of Martian volcanic activity millions of years ago. Just showing some fuzzy pics from ASU doesn't prove anything!

The ball's in your court.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

That is exactly what I tell you.

Some days ago, I'm successful, after months and months of stubbornness to having the attention of one Geologist Univeristy Professor in charge of Planetary Geology of a Geologic Society and University professor for the Research School of Planetary Sciences.
He said that he finds “those structures”, to first sight, incredible and very interesting.
For Two times he have thanked me for having sent the images to him and in the next few days he will begin to examine them with much attention. Obviously he does not believe in the extraterrestrial Civilization, but the single fact that a Geologist has found and that interesting he will dedicate time for a deepened analysis, places on the fact that…. I'm not so crazy after all.

Wait and you could have you answer in a way or other.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm not so crazy after all.

Hey Imagir, I never said you were crazy, man! Just that you should provide the evidence to back up your claims. Just because a geologist found those geological formations on Mars interesting, does not mean that they are structures made by Martians!

And NO ONE can provide an answer sitting millions of miles away! We need to get our boots on Mars for the answers!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

He is a University professor of the School for the Research of Planetary Sciences.

And I "suppose" that he could give a skilled answer about:
"Yes those structure are natural formations without any doubt!"
or....
"ehmmm....wait... I need to anlalyze them more carefully..... because there is someting strange...."
or....
"These are not simply natural formations because there are arifacts in that area."

We must wait.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I hope you had the decency of giving him the original images and not these useless Google Earth versions, because if you didn't then you are misleading the poor guy, making him work with junk data.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

In order to try this you will have to be mixed with they and to follow them into "the black hole" opened under your ass.
I know that for you it will be very easy.

But all we will be many pleasing for this. Go!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join