It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Megalithic structures found on MARS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

It's OK, thanks.

Now, considering that the Sun was just some 9º above the horizon, meaning that the shadows are exaggerated, that means that all those features, natural or not, are almost flat, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dennisdvx
reply to post by Cybernet

Yes, I have seen your topic. I know these images are blurry but there are some very interesting shapes to be seen. I don't think this entire area has been 'built', just selected areas for construction. The large square rocks are just that and the small square rocks are just that also. It looks like, to me anyway, that someone came along and just carved and excavated certain rocks and areas to suit their own needs.

...and then the Martian sub prime mortgage crisis hit. I would really like to see some signs of Martian artificiality, but this is a rock formation. I could even go for abandoned quarry, but an ancient city or batch of desirable "sea view" plots it is not.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

9 deg sun angle yes. sat directly overhead = flat image. Looks to me like sat was at some oblique angle, but I'm no expert... just saying what I see, that's all.
[edit] yes shadows would be long with that sun angle, even more with an oblique sat angle

[edit on 8-12-2009 by dennisdvx]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

oh phage, that first pic you linked is AWESOME.
there's more interesting things in it per square inch than anything i've seen yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

From that photo's official page:

Emission angle: 1.4 °
Solar incidence angle: 81 °, with the Sun about 9 ° above the horizon

From the HiRISE FAQ

What is Emission Angle?
Measured from the center of the image, this is the angle between the HiRISE camera and a "normal" drawn perpendicular to the planet's surface. When HiRISE is looking straight down ("nadir"), the emission angle is 0°.

So yes, that area is mostly flat, although a more sideways satellite view would be better to understand it.

I would like to correct something that I posted earlier.

In a previous post I said that the resolution was 25 cm per pixel, but that was because I had two pages open with two different images and I looked at the wrong page.

The resolution for this photo is 50 cm per pixel, as shown in that image page.

Sorry for that.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't see what your talking about, but there are some structures on mars such as the face and some cities.
All this was explained in ancient Sumerian scriptures. The scriptures talk about things we didn't know about until recently including Pluto.
Also in the scriptures it talks about Mars being habitable and a small civilization growing on the planet. The face, as well the the cities are all explained.
I'm not going to go into too much detail, but Zecharia Sitchin translated the entire scripture in his book 'The Lost book of Enki.'
You can read it online here: www....(nolink)/?bzujydmdwzw
or buy it here: www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Thanks for your advice.

I'm trying to buy "The lost Book of Enki" from many time but it's out of sale in my language.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sitchin is wrong

You can find the real translations here:
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

To finish this thread up for me, I have had no replies which are worth bringing into this debate from the Geology boards I asked this question at. It seems real geologists don't actually look at those boards or can't be bothered to reply to a question of this nature.

It also seems the OP has a different view on what constitutes a low or hi resolution image to me. I have looked through the posted images again, to give the benefit of the doubt. But there are no structures or buildings on the images and as we have now started to veer off into badly translated Sumerian scripts, I'm going to go discuss something else.

Oh... As a final point could the OP please review this link and things might become clearer in more than one way.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 308

Thanks however.

But "that official answer" from geologists about this AREA is fundamental to know if it is a unique Martian "Natural wonder" or if it is something else.

Whitout that "answer" I must continue to find the truth about that area.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I suggest you keep on searching (although you may never find it) for the truth even if you get an answer, and even if that answer is from a geologist that knows Mars geology.

As any scientist worth his/her title will tell you, the fact that they know more doesn't mean that they know all.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Phage

oh phage, that first pic you linked is AWESOME.
there's more interesting things in it per square inch than anything i've seen yet.

You are correct Elizabeth these 2 external images that Phage presented from

Mars are magnificent. Our hats are off to you Phage for showing these photos

to ATS members. Elizabeth you being a seer can appreciate this awesome

find. Statues of Royalty and a beautiful statue with a mother with a scarf

over her head holding her baby in a blanket. These images of the statues

are known as the Ancients or the Great Ones and the purple coloring is to

camouflage the hundreds and hundreds of other incredible statues of

humans, hybrids and what we would call aliens, that are in the open and

hidden. This is the Mother Load and there is so much to see and present it

could fill a catalog. ^Y^

[edit on 8-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sitchin is wrong

You can find the real translations here:
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

For those wanting to see the anomalies better on Mars go to the etcsl

homepage presented as the real translation here. Look at the background

wall and if you can see it in 3D you are well on you way of seeing things on

Mars and you won't believe your eyes. ^Y^

[edit on 9-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the link, Phage. While I will not believe what you say %100, I will now be a little more careful to believe somthing so fast, as I did with Sitchen.
I guess that not everything Sitchen says is true, thus meaning my search for the truth continues.
In a way, I can now thank you, the Anunakki explination was too simple. Still, I will not ignore everything I learned from Sitchen, just in case the website you gave me was just to lie to people and confuse us.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Notice the shadow behind this humanoid figure

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, I see the shadow.

Do have anything more to say about that?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, I see the shadow.

Do have anything more to say about that?

In my opinion this is a statue or a humanoid near an high altar.
And it seems like a Snake...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

A very flat statue, the Sun was only 9º above the horizon.

If you had used the original image at 100% zoom (or at least at a known zoom, something impossible with Google Earth) we could get an idea of the height of the so called statue, if we consider a flat ground for the shadow projection.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What about this? It is "flat"?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join