It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Megalithic structures found on MARS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Now, now children, our parents have started yelling.

I thought this was going to be a posted picture face-off!
Aww....semperfortis...I'm going to miss all the fun!

Back to the OP: In MY opinion, these pictures are not proving the existence of "Artificial Megalithic" structures. They are proving, though, that NASA has pretty good shots of the ground on Mars.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So when are you going to post the pictures of the artificial megalithic structures on Mars?

Why do you keep posting pictures of geometric rock formations?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok. Thank you Semper and sorry.

Some times ago I've submitted some of this images at a Geologist of University without say to him "where" these images were taken.
I simply said that in his opinion and for his knowledge, those images were taken by "microscopical" instruments because on earth there was'n nothing to compare that. The squared angle are tipycal of artificial structures or microscopic structures that assume such form because of magnetic field or other alterations, but absolutely not natural. This why on earth there is nothing of some sort (only little patterns like Giants Causeway in Ireland or other "Natural wanderfuls") and in so huge extension (as I claimed, dozens Km. square or more). When I said him that these images were satellite images, he do not more talk whit me because (I think) he thought I was joking.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Phage is correct as usual.

More proof of columnar basalt.

scienceblogs.com...

Don't let this discourage you Imagir, keep looking!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

Sorry but nothing to compare to columnar basalt.

These structures are on an area of dozens Km. square and whit the same orientation. If you check carefully on Google Mars and zoom in, you can see many details that geology can't explain as "naturals".

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Will you concede it could be natural.
If you spent the same amount of time checking out the geology of the areas you look at using google mars i think you will find the area in question is rich in basalt. and as for the size of the area this reading material here www.answersingenesis.org...
will tell you that a few kilometers of square and column basalt is more likely the answer.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ha! Now you have given them proof that the martians were here millions of years ago and built Devil's Tower! If my memory serves me correctly, columnar basalt can have very large crystals, depending on the geologic forces and the time that they are acting during formation?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not that long ago we were treated to photos of sand dunes on mars that were supposed to be proof of ongoing excavations by the MARTIANS, they could even spot the machines that were doing the digging. Har har!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Will you concede it could be natural.
If you spent the same amount of time checking out the geology of the areas you look at using google mars i think you will find the area in question is rich in basalt. and as for the size of the area this reading material here www.answersingenesis.org...
will tell you that a few kilometers of square and column basalt is more likely the answer.

Not a chance. I really appreciated the black and white photos with the close ups that showed detail. There is not even a 1% chance that this is nature made. Im not even going to explain it, for a critical mind simply looks at the detail and understands some of the basics of natural versus manmade artifacts.

Mars is a very big conspiracy and these are incredible photographic evidence of this.
Its really good to see who posts on a thread like this and what they say, repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Geology can't explain this architeture as "natural".
Notice the simmetry of the structure and other unusual details.
These buildings seems a Temple and with wide staircases and has a length of 80 meters.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Honestly, people who start threads like this, are the reason believers are given a bad name.
Said people should have their internet access removed, to be honest.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deimos

Have you any skills in geology? No I thinK No.
Everyone has its opinion and I try to submit this using logic and trying to remain on this road.

There are people who speak about "Ghosts" here on ATS and that, following your opinion, would not only have to be hunted but also perhaps locked up in a lunatic asylum?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

It's a bit strange to speak with my preferred... cognac,
,however, is well to consider that image PSP_008427_1380 is long beyond 15 kilometres and wide 5 Km.. And it is only a small part of the entire area.

Nothing to compare whit some "Natural wanderful" known on Earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Discovery of columnar jointing on Mars

We report on the discovery of columnar jointing in Marte Valles, Mars. These columnar lavas were discovered in the wall of a pristine, 16-km-diameter impact crater and exhibit the features of terrestrial columnar basalts. There are discontinuous outcrops along the entire crater wall, suggesting that the columnar rocks covered a surface area of at least 200 km2, assuming that the rocks obliterated by the impact event were similarly jointed. We also see columns in the walls of other fresh craters in the nearby volcanic plains of Elysium Planitia–Amazonis Planitia, which include Marte Vallis, and in a well-preserved crater in northeast Hellas.

geology.gsapubs.org...

Yes, it can occur over large areas. Mars has had some very large lava lakes in its past.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by Deimos

Everyone has its opinion and I try to submit this using logic and trying to remain on this road.

There are people who speak about "Ghosts" here on ATS and that, following your opinion, would not only have to be hunted but also perhaps locked up in a lunatic asylum?

If you want to post logically you need to be a little more objective regarding the subject matter. If you only want people to agree with you there is little point posting on ATS, unless you have a convincing argument.

You have decided what they are, people disagree with you and give you counter points based on known facts, where is your logical argument to counter these known facts?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't need skills in Geology to tell that's nothing to look at
I think "you", need to get out more, you're trying to find something in those photos when there simply isn't anything there.
As for ghosts, not at all, I believe in ghosts, I've experienced paranormal activity myself
Your photos show nothing, except what appears to be rock formations, there's nothing else there
It's the same kinda picture as the "face" on mars.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That is clearly not an "artificial megolith"...... as it has been eloquantly pointed out it looks natural. Also just because something looks different to something we may see on earth does not mean it is artificial........we are talking of another planet with different techtonic and errosional processes.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To Phage and the others who are posting pictures of rocks from Earth:

I realize that normally all you have to do to debunk something like this is do a quick google images search and post what you find. But are you serious with these photos? So far, NONE of the earth-rock photos have been anywhere close to looking like these rocks on Mars.

No, I don't think these are buildings or structures of any kind, but I certainly think they deserve some attention.

You are all so quick to call BS on someone who creates a post like this. Well I am calling BS on you! Saying that the photos you found prove or disprove anything about these supposed megalithic structures is absolute absurdity. Come on, you have to try harder than that.

That said, you may be correct, but your photos do not properly support your argument. Find better photos, and this thread will die, thus you succeed.

At the same time, to the OP:

I think you should try explaining in detail what parts of these rocks specifically led you to believe these are not natural. Randomly placed arrows are not sufficient. Try telling us your story, for example: "at first I thought it was nothing, but then I noticed _____ and that led me to notice _____, which made me wonder if they are structures of some kind."

Something like that might get some people to give it a second look.

Oh, and Im not interested in any pointless ego-boosting bickering, so any attacks on me personally will be indiscriminately ignored.

edit: added 4th paragraph
edit again: mono- mega-, ahh whatever.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by His Doodness]

[edit on 12/4/2009 by His Doodness]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

I respect all the opinions, also of who he is not in agreement with me. Perhaps I would have to complain for how I am attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join