It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Unit Hit Hard in Hood Massacre Deploys

page: 1
8

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Unit Hit Hard in Hood Massacre Deploys


www.military.com

December 04, 2009
Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas -- A unit that lost nearly a quarter of its members killed or injured in the bloody rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, in November is deploying as scheduled to Afghanistan.

"I think they decided that same day (of the shooting) that they were more dedicated than ever in honor of the Soldiers that we lost and have stood firm in that commitment," Maj. Laura Suttinger of Fort Atkinson, Wis., said late Thursday, just hours before deploying.

(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com




posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
After the initial flurry of often conflicting news reports that led from 3 shooters, with one being dead, one in custody and one at large, to two shooters one dead and one at large, to one shooter very much alive and none at large and a week of intense speculation following the mainstream news media has grown largely silent in relation to what occurred at Ft. Hood.

There have been virtually no on the record official statements from the soldiers who were at the scene of the massacre beyond a couple hasty and vague statements to bolster the evolving official story.

Now the bulk of those witnesses who weren’t injured and survived the incident are being shipped overseas. It leads one to wonder when and how their testimony will be called upon. So too does the stone cold silence on the matter in recent weeks regarding the shooting.

Since then a little noticed and under reported incident at Ft. Drum has occurred where a young Army Soldier from the 10th Mountain Division stabbed two fellow soldiers from the division to death in vicious multiple stab wound attacks. So far authorities have failed to provide a motive for those attacks.


www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
gotta protect that pipeline...

Maybe they'll find Tim Osman!



posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Department of Defense officials decided only recently that the unit would deploy as originally scheduled.

"They were all very dedicated, caring Soldiers and they will not be forgotten, and we're carrying on in their honor," Suttinger said.

She and another leader in the unit declined to talk about Hasan, who remains in a San Antonio military hospital and is paralyzed from wounds he suffered in the Nov. 5 shootings. Army officials have not said whether Hasan knew anyone in the unit or if he was targeting them. The shootings occurred in a building full of several hundred Soldiers.



One can only speculate as to why none of the soldiers involved will talk on the record about the incident. It’s not hard to reach the assumption that they have been officially ordered not to speak to the press on or now even off the record. One can only wonder why that is and of the militaries decision to deploy these potential witnesses into combat zones tens of thousands of miles away from the jurisdiction of the shooting and away from the press.

As is often the case with these tragedies once the initial sensation and emotional reaction to them dies down most people loose any and all interest in them.



posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
gotta protect that pipeline...

Maybe they'll find Tim Osman!


Chances are he was nearby at the Range in Crawford! He sure doesn't seem to be anywhere in Afghanistan except maybe under several tons of mountain rubble decomposing!



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Have the injured soldiers recovered so soon? I think they are only sending army personnel who were not injured or witnesses, but I could be wrong.

If they are indeed sending all of the units, it seriously raises some questions.



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
One can only wonder why.... the militaries decision to deploy these potential witnesses into combat zones tens of thousands of miles away from the jurisdiction of the shooting and away from the press.

Excellent observation. Even if they were not eyewitnesses, they may have known Hasan personally and could attest to his character and beliefs. Maybe they don't remember the same 'violent radical extremist' the media is telling us about.



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego
 


It just seems odd that such an important and high profile case they would just up and send the witnesses that as you point out likely knew the man and his charachter away.

Clearly the military has issued a gag order on these people too which is very suspicious as well.

Thanks for posting.



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
gotta protect that pipeline...

Maybe they'll find Tim Osman!


He's hanging out with eric prince - he's a professional "spotter" if you know what i mean.



posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Originally posted by TXRabbit
gotta protect that pipeline...

Maybe they'll find Tim Osman!


He's hanging out with eric prince - he's a professional "spotter" if you know what i mean.


The guy sure was great at drawing a big target that's for sure. The increasingly asymmetrical war on terror is bound to have all kinds of disparate parties declaring war in all kinds of places.

It's all a myth for government control. That's what people really should be concerned about. The real enemy lies where you least expect it.

The incident at Ft. Hood really demonstrates that well.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

One can only speculate as to why none of the soldiers involved will talk on the record about the incident.


It's fairly simple. All the evidence that is needed exists. Those who are alive but injured can testify in court and be much more effective witnesses in a military tribunal.

Essentially, the guy is done. The investigation that was conducted was done so pretty much flawlessly. It happened after the event while the base was locked. Any other evidence they needed was gathered that day via interviews and evidence. Because injured witnesses survived, you don't need anybody else to testify against him.

In a situation like this, all it takes are two. There are more than enough sitting in hospitals to give this guy the chair.

There's no need to delay the deployment of an entire platoon when it's not needed. You wouldn't delay the movement of a platoon from one city to another while at war just because somebody got shot by the enemy while in the camp.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Credge
 


Is it that simple? Or is it just easy to imagine it's that simple?

8 years after 9-11 there have been no trials. Where aspects of the so called war on terror exist nothing seems to be simple.

I hope you realize the Military has had more than a half dozen people sitting on it's death rown in Leavenworth KS since 1962 which is the last time they executed someone.

Even that contention that he will get the chair is not quite as cut and dry as you think and military court martials of Officers use an actual higher evidentiary standard that civilian ones do.

Even if your desire to chalk this all up to common sense reasons apply (something the military isn't always caoable of) and the way you conveniently overlook how battle hardened soldiers in command positions changed the official story so radically during the bases lock down...

There still appears to be a gag order in place on these surviving soldiers and curious and critical minds are bound to wonder why.

Thanks.



new topics

top topics



 
8

log in

join