It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellas Basin Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hello,

I was browsing through Google Mars today as usual and came across this intriguing Hellas Basin Fall image.

I am flabbergasted by what I am seeing here.

I believe this is one of the strangest areas of Mars I've come across so far.

The geology looks all wrong, it looks a lot like intelligent design. Before you start laughing, take a good look at the images. They are astounding, to say the least.

Hellas Basin can be found here using Google Mars and these co-ordinates:

41.51°S 56.94°E

Also note the last 2 images, look towards the left to see what almost looks like a city or designed living areas made from the stone. Not saying that its still populated but its worth considering that in past ages, before the calamity which struck Mars and badly scared it, civilized life may have been present.

Also take a look at the craters, the stone uprights, are not in the least effected by whatever caused the craters. Just astounding!

Anyway, I'm extremely curious to hear from the experts on the geology.

Thanks,
Mob

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9f73eef5c53864b9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9b41eb087796341c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4c12f939a1864c3d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9f73eef5c53864b9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3f55c624e6ee8e6e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
One thing I forgot to mention, if your using firefox, you can see the whole image by pressing the right mouse button on the image and select view.

Also if you see a plus sign on the cursor, just press the left button to see the whole image better.

Mob

[edit on 4/12/09 by marsorbust]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Right..... Hellas Basin.....

I must thank you for this, my friend, because you finally remove to me from an enormous responsibility.

I have made this discovery approximately one year ago, but for several reasons, also to linked to professional issues, I was not afforded to disclose publicly.

Now the things are changed and task that is reached indeed the moment to begin to show publicly this amazing discovered.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Giant's Causeway is a natural rock formation here on Earth. Why couldn't the formations in the images you posted be natural?

Source: click here

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

As I look at this I wonder what am I looking at, I see rock croppings, which can also be seen here on Earth but there under water lots of water. So I wonder maybe perhaps this part of Mars was once under water?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Explain why they are intact in the craters?

Thats what is astounding to me.

Also there are stairways leading uphill in certain areas, pics soon

Mob

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Well, consider it being disclosed now.

Hope its helpful to your quest.

Mob

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The formations are caused by the crystallization of molten basalt. Asteroid impacts melt basalt. The basalt cools and crystallizes.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The hellas basin area of mars is the site of one of the largest impact areas in the solar system, because there is basalt present it will become molten at impact and solidify into amazing square rocks.
Couple with this the tharsis volcanoes are nearby , these are the largest volcanoes in the solar system and would have spilled tons and tons of molten basalt into the area.

Hellas’ center is located at about 70ºE and 40ºS. The bottom of Hellas is the only place on Mars with a high enough atmospheric pressure for liquid water to stay on the surface (Phillips 2000). The energy of the Hellas impact has been estimated at about 5.33 × 1026 joules (Spexarth 2004). This is a blast of 1.27 × 1011 megatons which is equivalent to 8.48 × 1012 atomic bombs the size of the one dropped on Hiroshima (U. S. Department of Energy 2000).

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nice pictures.
CHUD beat me to it-it reminded me of the giants causeway straight off.
Does look like some kind of crystal formation like Phage said.

Not sure what you mean about the "stone uprights" though-are you thinking the base of the crater should be more damaged by impacts?

Edit:Looks like Remy and Phage have put forward a good explanation.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks all for your comments and info.

AS always, its my pleasure to learn new things.

It looks like somone has taken this thread away from me so I'll let them have at it.

Cheers all around,

Mob

new topics

top topics

join