It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN 'to probe alleged climate change cover-up'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

UN 'to probe alleged climate change cover-up'

www.google.com

LONDON — A top UN panel is to probe claims that British scientists sought to suppress data backing climate change sceptics' views, its head said on Friday ahead of the landmark Copenhagen summit.

Rajendra Pachauri, head of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, said the claims -- which led a top expert to leave his post temporarily this week -- were serious and needed to be investigated.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Excellent, this is one of those rare occasions where something happened i felt needed to be looked at more closely and apparantly they are.
The natural argument will be the "investigation" will be cooked, but I was pretty suprised to see theyd even be investigating it. Imagine how flooring it would be if they came out and gave credence to the fact that these e-mails elude to a much larger CONSPIRACY!!!! Back to ATS roots!!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What will they do if their probe finds that crimes were committed in this climate fraud?

Vote on a resolution to have all of those involved in this fraud publicly scolded by member nations?

Perhaps they should let Moammar Kadafi deliver that scolding on live television in a several hour long rant?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As a person living in the fear of climate destablization woes and believing that tshtf years back, I do hope that its all just a bunch of fooey and not even remotely as bad as we are lead to believe.

I still think until its absolutely certain what the real science is produced by a independent and monitered team, that we as a civilization should do alot to clean up after ourselves and cut back on nasty emissions.

I would be in favor of cleaning up our tech even if there was absolutely no effect on the world, locally or globally however, because thats one way to stimulate technological advancement in general....make it faster, smaller, cheaper, more efficent, less dirty.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That is also my view, if this is a big dupe and the people of the world have been taken for a ride well a) i dont believe that to be the case, even if we didnt do it the earths climate changes, but also b) what is the negatives that would come out of being more efficient and clean? I dont see the downside even if it is a lie.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
What will they do if their probe finds that crimes were committed in this climate fraud?

Vote on a resolution to have all of those involved in this fraud publicly scolded by member nations?

Perhaps they should let Moammar Kadafi deliver that scolding on live television in a several hour long rant?

hahahah genius!! it would be interesting to find out the legalities behind it. Im sure it would be a precedent setting case, i cant see it easy to charge anyone though, so yeas i agree each accused should have to be sat down on a chair in front of a live TV audience and Moammar Kadafi gets a half hour comedy routine on each of them, just rip them apart!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The air tax that we are going to be forced to pay will be going into the U.N coffers. I doubt this investigation will be neutral and unbiased.

new topics

top topics

join