It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain pulls the plug on its UFO hotline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Britain pulls the plug on its UFO hotline

news .yahoo.com

LONDON – Britain's military has closed a hotline that took reports of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs.

The Ministry of Defense says that the phone service and an associated e-mail address were taken offline Tuesday.

The military explained Friday that more than 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

It said that there was "no defense value in investigating UFO reports" and that the money could better be used.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I really don't know what to say
other then this closes another chapter in the search for truth.
It is a sad day...

Maybe the officer who used to deal with those reports will go to work for a civilian investigator? eather way I would like to read his memories of the past 50 years...

You got to know after 50 years of searching he's got to have some great stories to tell...

news .yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Maybee...a step close to full disclosure. Since there won't be any necesity for reporting...oh well I doubt it though...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I guess they finally got fed up of all those Chinese Lantern sightings, and I dont blame them either.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
oh i wonder why ?

proberly because of the fact that theres tons of ufos showing up now all over the world.

hmmm

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

maybe its because it'll be all out in the open soon enough...who knows

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
On one hand I can understand getting the #s at the copious amounts of chinese lantern sightings and deciding to pull the plug.....

On the other hand they are willfully dismissing the numerous amounts of genuine UFO reports and accounts in favour of an ignorant attitude.

How disgraceful.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you read the full story you would have read their reason for closing the program...
They need the money to fund operations in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Ahahahahahahaha....

Right.....so it's to fund a useless endless war in Afghanistan.....

I feel so much better now!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I never said it was a good reason...
just the one they gave...
the person in charge also resigned after they canceled his life's work

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Sorry mate, I wasn't laughing at you I was laughing at the ridiculous reason given

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nick Pope would disagree with this. Nick was a higher up in the Government who's job it was to process and investigate UFO claims for the British Government. He turned whistle blower after getting out of office. Nick knows the truth.

This is a scam don't you see. Whatever the Crown does the USA follows. In the face of people pushing disclosure Obama can use this to say we too don't have any evidence and thus deny closure for the rest of his term.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Although it's a shame that they are shutting it down I don't think that the people higher up will stop all investigations.

The phone line and reporting centre usually did nothing more than send out standard letters making sure the first thing you read on it makes you feel stupid for letting them know

Lets hope that all the really good info hasn't been lost if/when they decide to let us look at everything

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds like an opportunity to me - for some dedicated Britons to open their own private investigation organizations seeking the truth about UFOs and ETs.

The good - private orgs don't report to the government and aren't subject to having plugs pulled unless they get too close to something the government doesn't want people to know.

The bad - limited funds.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good.
We know all about the UFO and they don't.
So they are a waste of our time and money.

new topics

top topics

join