It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police storm Toronto office for LEGO gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Would be nice if the internal security cam videos were released for the public.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Syphon
I wouldn't want to be the guy who could have prevented a tragedy but chose not to.

One could use the same rationale to call the cops upon seeing a black man walking down the street in their white neighborhood.

The cause in question being an inanimate object rather than a human being doesnt make ignorance and fear 'right.' Nor is peeping into other peoples windows exactly 'right' either.

The difference in value of said justification of course may be in local laws. It is not illegal for a black man to be walking down the street even in an uppity white neighborhood. Nor is it illegal here to be in possession of a handgun. Perhaps there it is illegal to be a black man walking down the street? By which I mean in possession of a handgun.

Also, worth mentioning is that here it is illegal to go around peeping into other peoples windows. Though that doesnt seem to be worth much given the case of the gentleman brewing coffee in his own being charged with indecent exposure.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

I don't know... I see a huge difference between calling the police over someones skin colour and calling the police because there is a guy in an adjacent office building carrying a gun. One is your normal everyday thing (atleast where I live) the other is definitely not (again, where I live). Do you regularly carry your firearm with you at work?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I wouldn't want to be the guy who could have prevented a tragedy but chose not to.

One could use the same rationale to call the cops upon seeing a black man walking down the street in their white neighborhood.

The cause in question being an inanimate object rather than a human being doesnt make ignorance and fear 'right.' Nor is peeping into other peoples windows exactly 'right' either.

The difference in value of said justification of course may be in local laws. It is not illegal for a black man to be walking down the street even in an uppity white neighborhood. Nor is it illegal here to be in possession of a handgun. Perhaps there it is illegal to be a black man walking down the street? By which I mean in possession of a handgun.

Also, worth mentioning is that here it is illegal to go around peeping into other peoples windows. Though that doesnt seem to be worth much given the case of the gentleman brewing coffee in his own being charged with indecent exposure.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

I don't know... I see a huge difference between calling the police over someones skin colour and calling the police because there is a guy in an adjacent office building carrying a gun. One is your normal everyday thing (atleast where I live) the other is definitely not (again, where I live). Do you regularly carry your firearm with you at work?

Yes, I never leave home without them. Although this may sound odd to others, but it is my lifeline to life itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

Yes I do. Most of the people here at my work do. After a particularly close call with a customer we were all encouraged to by our board and local police . This is, after all, New Hampshire.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As a Canadian I find the whole American gun culture fascinating and a little mind boggling. In Canada it is definitely not the norm for someone to bring a weapon to work, so I completely understand why the police were contacted and why there was such a strong response.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Police is the best gun in your hand

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A few years ago I was grabbed off of the sidewalk and shoved into a restraunt by a Police Officer. When I asked what was going on he told me that there was a man running around with a rifle. After being held for over two hours we were allowed to leave. It turned out that a maintaince man was removing his pidgeon problem with a BB gun and somebody saw him. What I find funny is that this city has an open carry law and there were at least ten people in that restraunt carrying a conceled weapon, including myself.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is this what this site is becoming? People posting random police raids on Breaking Alternative News, especially over a Lego gun?

Monitors should really choose carefully what is Above Top Secret and what remains Below.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There was a story on Wired about this too. The 'victim' actually responded to wired because the article's title was dramatized a bit (his words)...

I’m the guy who was arrested and I’ve gotta say… You’ve dramatized the headline a bit. I wasn’t exactly “armed” with a Lego gun.

Here’s what really went down:
Blog Link: blog.jeremybell.com...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
what on earth is wrong with people

nanny state and peeping toms , people are just pervert it seams , submersive vouyrists , just sick

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazze
Is this what this site is becoming? People posting random police raids on Breaking Alternative News,

Perhaps you could make the site "what it was" and contribute some material instead of critizing others for trying to do just that. The OP provided two News links, so seems like the right place to post the message.

especially over a Lego gun?
Monitors should really choose carefully what is Above Top Secret and what remains Below.

The title clearly states "Police storm Toronto office for LEGO gun", he even capitalize LEGO. If you are surprised by the content, its your own fault for not reading the title.

If you read the title, no one forced you to read the message. I for one found it interesting, and was able to contribute to it constructively.

S&F'd !!

PS: I still think this site is great today! As Is.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ByteChanger]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join