It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemp, I wanna hear all about it!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hello fellow survivalists!

Topic: The Wonderful Wonders of Hemp

I want to hear from all of you who grow hemp and/or make products of hemp at home.

For my future residence, I'd love to grow a field o'hemp, thus making it possible for me to manufacture paper, clothes, rope etc.

So tell me now, how do you grow and maintain the growth?
How do you make products of it at home, without any industrial equipment?

I want to know all there is to it!

Thank you in advance, and keep surviving!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by Raud

Not sure how long you'll get away with this, just seems like you're trying to learn how to grow weed hah. Only my personal opinion but I'm sure there's loads of information about growth etc. On the net. Happy hunting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Hmmm...

Was just hoping to hear from the ATS community and be able to have Q&A about all random questions that might pop up during any discussions.

Of course I can, and have, browsed the net but I much more prefer an open discussion.

But, I might just nevermind...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just became aware that this thread is now on the "ASC" board.
It was originally on the Survival board because I wanted this to be about being self sufficient on paper and textiles and such.

Please note that I am only talking about hemp as in the "non smokeable" kind of hemp and not about "weed".

I hope I don't have to repeat myself on that.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i believe since the two are in the same family they have similarities in growing, but im sure they are both different in their growing needs

also, i am not sure but i believe at least in the USA that it is illegal to grow hemp

that being said, it is a true tragedy

hemp has many properties, at the moment i dont have time to do the digging through all my archives, but there are many studies discussing the benefits of hemp over other products used commercially

recently we have undergone a alternative fuel revolution

off the top of my head i dont remember the exact numbers, however i do know that one of the big crops we use for alt. fuel is corn

i also know hemp is much more efficient at producing fuel then corn, it is less of a burden on the food industry, and it is also less harmful to the environment to grow hemp for fuel then it is to grow corn

currently i believe the only other substance that is more efficient for alternative fuel is algae, i may be wrong on that, dont take that to the bank without further research

that is just one of the many aspects of hemp and its benefits over other commercially available materials

hopefully this thread will fill fast with hemp knowledge, if not, i will do my best to get the information i have regarding hemp on here as soon as i have the time to

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Hello Dramey, and thank you for the input!

I would like to concur; hemp is an outstanding crop and superior to many other "main stream" types like cotton for instance.

What I am mostly looking for is any first hand stories of how to make paper and cloth from hemp at home, small scale.

Hemp is easy to grow, so I don't need nothing more than maybe some hints on that.

Keep it coming!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Hemp as stated is fairly simple to grow, plenty of water and plenty of sun.

As for making paper, well I would assume it would be similar to making normal paper from wood pulp.

Maybe look up how to make normal wood pulp paper and apply the basics of it to hemp.

We made paper at school years ago, but we used pulped up newspaper and copy paper.

You'll need a good blender, water and a screen for spreading the pulp mixture onto.

[edit on 5/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sweet!

Mixer: Check
Other stuff: Pending...

How about cloth?

Maybe I should add this:

The bottom line of this thread is actually survival and being self-sufficient on more or less everything.

I've already looked at food, medicine, electricity, etc...
But then I realized; maybe I'd like to make my own cloth, and last but not least it would be pretty darn nice to keep living with toilet paper!

Hate to cut back on that!

Thank you, and please keep writing!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Well you'd need to turn the hemp into thread, which I'm not sure how but it would again mirror the way cotton thread and wool thread is made.

Not very helpful, I know

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey, at least you're bumpin'

2nd base.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So...you want to know how to grow hemp...so you can make cloths, paper, and whatever.

Hmmmm...

Why not grow cotton?

Why not search for this information somewhere that is NOT a site about conspiracy?

You DO know what ATS is about right?

If so...why this absolutely "stupid" question here on ATS?

Shame on you for this sort of thing.

PS-why would you ask this question in the "survival boards" when you know that is a direct offense against the rules that govern this board? Are you just "ignorant" of the rules you agreed to before joining this site...or do you just not care what rules you break?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Daa-uuh, I posted it in the Survival board because it has to do with long term self-sufficiance?
I could be applied in a situation when house keeping stores are a thing of the past and one has to look out for oneself, in all aspects of having a life as "ordinary" as one could make it. Hemp has so many different uses.

No, no conspiracies here...

Cotton is not an option. At least not compared to hemp.
And for the millionth time: I don't mean GROWING hemp, I am talking about making hemp products at home!
Man! Haven't I written that in every single post by now???

Gosh, this thread is going nowhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

You don't seem to understand...posting this in the survival boards, is against the rules of ATS.

Hence why it was moved.

As for "making hemp products"...go search it online....you will find no less then 15-million pages dedicated to your questions.

And you won't have to "break rules" or look "silly".

Its a win win situation.

As for this thread going nowhere...its kind of hard to go anywhere once you are in a toilet.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
So...you want to know how to grow hemp...so you can make cloths, paper, and whatever.

Hmmmm...

Why not grow cotton?

Why not search for this information somewhere that is NOT a site about conspiracy?

PS-why would you ask this question in the "survival boards" when you know that is a direct offense against the rules that govern this board? Are you just "ignorant" of the rules you agreed to before joining this site...or do you just not care what rules you break?

seems you may be trolling but ill play along

why not grow cotton?

good question

because its harder to grow, harder to harvest, more harsh on the environment, check it out yourself if you want the proof, or hopefully another ats member can provide some links

actually it is a conspiracy, according to law, supposedly it has no value, medicinal or commercial, that is why it is illegal, yet it does have great value, that to me is a conspiracy

why did the op post in survival

because its a damn good thread about survival

if something ever takes place that threatens life as we know it, we need to be self sufficient

hemp is a hardy plant, in a survival situation, it would be greatly used, thats why we had victory gardens that sometimes contained hemp in the world wars

in a survival situation, it would be nice to know how to harness all the benefits of such a beneficial plant

it would be a great asset in a survival situation to know how to make paper from hemp, fuel, cloth, clothing, bandages, use it and its byproducts as a food source such as flour or hemp seed

this is actually a thread with great potential if the people who come across this thread have enough knowledge to share on how to manufacture things from hemp

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
also you speak of breaking ats rules and policies

but sometimes they dont make full sense

sure we cant talk about mind altering substances, cant talk about personal use of drugs, cant talk about drugs outside of this forum, yet hemp is not a drug

it is a plant with no thc

it is nothing more then a commercial/agricultural plant

i dont see why discussing that violates ats t and c

to use your argument, its no different then doing it with cotton, just a different plant

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
on top of everything i have mentioned

since i first started reading here on ats, ive read all kinds of threads teaching people how to manufacture things, from foods, to medicines, to all kinds of things

i dont understand how it would be violation of t and c to discuss making hemp paper if we had threads regarding how to use dandelions and other herbs in culinary forms for treatments of medical symptoms

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Look smarty-face...Let me drop this in a grunt-grunt-point-point sort of way...just so I am understood.

The OP asked to learn how to GROW hemp.

THAT MEANS...he is asking how to grow Cannabis sativa.

Now...you said ATS has rules that are HARD to understand at times.

Well...here is a bit of advice...any time you feel a little confused about such a thing...just be safe and "shut up about it".

He says he didn't ask about growing it...but in the OP he says-

Originally posted by Raud

Now...are you going to play "Mr lost-on-this", or are you gunna wise up and understand I am making a very legitimate point?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Hmmmm...

Why not grow cotton?

you're a little bit up yourself, aren't you. I've noticed this on a few threads, where you wade in and tell people how you think they should be using ATS.Firstly, who made you a mod? Oh, noone. Secondly, it is directly related to conspiracy stuff, as hemp is illegal, yet it is an incredibly usefull plant. The discussion of getting high from hemp is not allowed, but the discussion of the many useful properties of hemp IS allowed under the TnCs. This thread is not about getting high from cannabis, it is about making items from the plant. If you had half a brain in yer noggin, and got down of your high horse, you'd have seen that. INstead of bolshing your was in here trying to bark orders around like some board nazi.

and once for luck

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Dramey

Look smarty-face...Let me drop this in a grunt-grunt-point-point sort of way...just so I am understood.

The OP asked to learn how to GROW hemp.

THAT MEANS...he is asking how to grow Cannabis sativa.

Now...you said ATS has rules that are HARD to understand at times.

Well...here is a bit of advice...any time you feel a little confused about such a thing...just be safe and "shut up about it".

He says he didn't ask about growing it...but in the OP he says-

Originally posted by Raud

Now...are you going to play "Mr lost-on-this", or are you gunna wise up and understand I am making a very legitimate point?
now let me drop this to you in a "grunt grunt point point" sort of way.

There are MANY different strains of hemp, and quite a few of them do not have the flower with THC in them. It is grown under certain licenses over the world. For fabrics, and the end product is available to buy in most countries.

Now, are you going to play "Mr lost" on this, or are you gunna wise up and understand that I'm making a very legitimate point?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

ATS is NOT a place to list growing "directions" for marijuana.

Do you understand?

And if you "seen" me doing this before...you must have visited another thread that was endorsing criminal activity or seeking criminal information.

Who made me a Mod? No one...not yet.

Lets keep our fingers crossed though...they need all the help they can get with all the "puff-puff-boys" making a trash-can of this new forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join