It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac Shakur features on Vatican's MySpace playlist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Tupac Shakur features on Vatican's MySpace playlist

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Vatican has contributed a list of tracks for MySpace Music, an ad-supported audio and video streaming service which launched today.

However, the selection contains some surprising choices including the song Changes by Shakur, also known as 2Pac, who was killed in 1996.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
More from source: The hit single released in 1998 is listed with an “explicit” warning and features lyrics about gun crime, drugs and violence on a city’s streets.

It includes the lines: “Is life worth living should I blast myself?” and “Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares, one less hungry mouth on the welfare.”

---

Interesting choice by the Vatican, especially when you consider the rest of their playlist:

Vatican playlist:

1. Advocata Nostra – Music From The Vatican. From the album Alma Mater featuring the voice of Pope Benedict XVI.

2. Uprising – Muse. Single from the album, The Resistance.

3. Causa Nostrae Laetitiae – Music From The Vatican. From the album Alma Mater.

4. Il Mare Mi Salva – Rossomalpelo. Song from the band led by contemporary Italian singer songwriter Serge Gaggiotti

5. After The Rain – Dame Shirley Bassey. From the album The Performance.

6. Coexist – Nour Eddine. Song from Moroccan Musician, based in Italy.

7. Don Giovanni – Mozart.

8. Rafaele Merry Del Val – Lorenzo Perosi Inni Mottetti e Canzoni, Pablo Colino & Coro Academica Filarmonica Romana.

9. He Doesn't Know Why – Fleet Foxes.

10. Changes – Tupac Shakur.

11. Regina Coeli – Music From The Vatican. From the album Alma Mater.

12. Mi sarete Testimoni – Santo Subito! (DVD). Music DVD embodying the voice and image of The Pope.

Always have been a fan of Tupac the poet, but this is just baffling, despite the core message of the song being good hearted.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Uh you've completely took his track out of context. If you read the lyrics and/or listen to the actual song you'd realise why the Vatican have it on their playlist - although of course it isn't the Pope himself listening to this music it is his public relations team.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

More from source: The hit single released in 1998 is listed with an “explicit” warning and features lyrics about gun crime, drugs and violence on a city’s streets.

It includes the lines: “Is life worth living should I blast myself?” and “Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares, one less hungry mouth on the welfare.”

i love how you quote these two lines and completely take the song out of context. good job.

so someone who isnt familiar with that son will automatically think the song is advocating suicide and giving crack/coc aine to children.

and kudos for listing the rest of the songs in the playlist making Tupac's- Changes even more suspect.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dude, you didn't hear the part of the song where he says "We can't go nowhere unless we share with each other. We gotta start making changes, learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers ".... or " It's time for us people to start making some changes. Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live and let's change the way we treat each other". This is the real message of the song, not the one that you implied. All you said was to make us aware of the reality on the streets and that it's time for us to act and to change all that.

I guess your low iq stopped you from understanding what the song is about. And what is so wrong if the Vatican listens 2pac? u make it seem like he's the Antichrist.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well the song is called changes, and he tells us about all these bad things we gotta change...

Inspirational and beautiful song

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge

i love how you quote these two lines and completely take the song out of context. good job.

so someone who isnt familiar with that son will automatically think the song is advocating suicide and giving crack/coc aine to children.

and kudos for listing the rest of the songs in the playlist making Tupac's- Changes even more suspect.

I love how you didnt read my whole post and the commented. Its not me putting those lines out, its the source. I am a fan of the song, you don't need to tell me the message, but the fact is those certain lines are in the song. It's strange considering the conservative stance of the Vatican to even imply such things, but to directly relate to the words, whether in or out of context is still strange.

Again, if you clicked the source you would understand more. So save your judgment sir.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Muse and Tupac eh? The Catholics are certainly trying to bring in the kids...

new topics

top topics

join