It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaufman Returns??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Andy Kaufman Returns After 20 Years
Wed May 19, 9:00 AM ET

New York City, NY (PRWEB) May 19, 2004 -- Twenty years ago, on May 16, 1984, most of the world believed that we had lost a comedic legend forever. This has turned out to be what will inevitably be known as the greatest comic prank ever conceived. Andy Kaufman, by all accounts, is alive and well at age 55 and is now living in New York City on the upper west side. To his loyal supporters and fans, Andy says "sorry about faking my death," in a recent interview with ABC News at his apartment. In order to reach legendary comic status and seal his place in the history of performance art, he said it was "necessary to go away for twenty years."

Read more...

I know somebody wrote something about this before... but I couldn't find it.

Anyways, thoughts?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don�t know what to believe???????? He says he gave DNA samples to verify his claims, I will reserve judgment until this is verified. He is saying some pretty far out things, seems to be consistent.

Below: excerpt from Andy Kaufman�s blog.

Regardless of whether you believe in the devil or not, I met him down in Brazil. He showed me his credentials. Lucifer's Evil Empire has developed sophisticated holographic seals to prove that their workers really are on the side of Evil. Saddam Hussein had one, but that was obvious. Most people these days think Bush has one but it's all a big scam. Yep -- Satan confirmed that Bush is either a free agent or working for the other side. He apparently went "off the reservation" after kicking his coke and booze habit.

Speaking of coke, I learned that crack coc aine is an odorless, tasteless, highless, and utterly inactive chemical compound that was introduced by the CIA into urban areas during the 1980s as an excuse to arrest young black males. I learned this the hard way after paying $150 for some crack coc aine in Baltimore in 1994. So, go ahead, smoke some crack! Just tell your mom -- "Andy Kaufman says it's okay to smoke crack!"

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeah, but the company that took the samples is widely known. I can believe it, and after reading through his blog, which seems so very superficial to me... the question that begs to be answered is, do we really want him back? lol

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i for one would like to see the lab results for those dna tests. i can hardly believe this, but id imagine yahoo news could see through it if it was a scam.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamnableSara
Yeah, but the company that took the samples is widely known. I can believe it, and after reading through his blog, which seems so very superficial to me... the question that begs to be answered is, do we really want him back? lol

I'd like to see the tests myself, but I wouldn't put it past Andy to do this. He's like that, you'll get it next week, next month, next year. All I can say is "ibiee dee, ibee da."

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thats the thing... the only pictures of him we've seen displayed are of Tony Clifton, a fictional character he shared with Bob Zmuda(sp? whatever, his friendly manager type guy) So those really don't prove anything. If his family promised to play this joke 20 years after his death, they are incredibly loyal because in the article his mother is quoted as saying something to the effect of 'we're glad he's back' or something like that.

My mother had an extremely hard time believing this one too... but after reading his blog she said that sounded just like him.

All we can do is wait for this ABC interview I guess, unless there's an off chance one of us see's him at this Walmart and Starbucks tour. =P

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
never even seen any of his work pretty crazy makes me think that elvis could still be alive and 2pac after all he did it for 20 years why not them

Hows things going Sara?

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In my speech class last year for the persuasion speech a girl gave a lot of evidence supporting that 2Pac was still kickin. I wish I had a copy of the speech, might be interesting to hear other people's takes on it. Kaufman was insane... is insane? We'll see.

Things are going as they were before =\ Not much better, but not a whole lot worse really. How are you 7?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I send my blessings Sara
not to bad backs still sore just the same old 7 if you get chance pop on chat sometime

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
According to the Guitar Magazine i have, Jimi Hendrix is alive at 55 and living somewhere in Hawaii with his Family. The photos look quite authentic as well. As for Kaufman, well it's something he'd probably do for sure.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Uh, wouldn't he be 61?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ernst & Young Disclaimer
I don't know how the press release people got the name Ernst & Young, but that's not the auditor we used to do the DNA testing. They are much too reputable to get involved in this kind of sordid task, much akin to parenthood testing.

Also, it wasn't ABC News that interviewed me. It was some British entertainment mag -- apparently I'm huge over there.

This is from the blog.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Uh, wouldn't he be 61?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

Yep. However when the Magazine came out he would have been 55 - 6 yrs ago.

top topics

join