It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Moon been acting strange recently?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No, not at all. The only point I'm trying to make is that ATS is about science. Conjecture is fine when combined with the observations and measurements to test it. I'm not trying to debunk anything, just point out ways to move the issue forward towards a definitive, supportable conclusion.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

She isn't a "madwoman" just highly misguided.

i have just visited the site for the very first time and looked in awe at the pages of pictures of "PLANET LENSE FLARE!!!"

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ummm.... no.

Was your reply supposed to make sense?

I think they would say whether it was a galaxy or not. It would be WAY to small to be a galaxy, considering its a bit bigger than our sun.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through. "All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the

So from this how do you get that a Planet X was found and then the information was hidden. The whole thing with apparent size is based on the distance away from us the object is.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The moon is kinda odd. The patterns are strange, to say the least

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ok, so Moderator Byrd, I just changed my reply. It can be that the science in the Zetatalk Website is not correct. I made an assumption due to its DEPTH.

But the question is, if it's "bad science" then how can she go so in depth with such limiting science?

Also..... science deosn't explain everything

Science is missing the ever changing frequencies of pure consciousness-awareness, and that my freind is 100 percent of the Earth, and the universe.

Science only focuses on the physical, but there is a whole other side of reality that some may call the "paranormal", but I just call it spiritual reality, which is about as real as the dream realm.... but of course, most of you die hard materialistic people will never get what the hell I am talking about, but I can accept you calling me "crazy" because.... in the view of society and not your own, which is the empty space between everything, I am crazy.

HAHAHAhAHAHA!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So from this how do you get that a Planet X was found and then the information was hidden. The whole thing with apparent size is based on the distance away from us the object is.

I didn't get it from only that.

So from what I have typed how did you ever come to the conclusion that I came to the conclusion that Planet X was discovered and then hidden, from 1 measly article?

Sir I have done lots of research on this planet X, you can't point out where I have obtained my conclusions, because simply they are not your conclusions to be stating where I got them, AND I have not provided every single article ever that I have read about planet X, the coming changes, spirituality, intuition, the visions, and dreams I have had.

If anything, I have come to the conclusions that I have come to, with my own intuition. I read something, and I chose what I want to beleive in or not.

This current trend of pointing out my "errs" in the text I have written is quite annoying and exhausting. I think you know damn well what I meant.

Are you having fun pointing out the "errs" I have made, then having fun twisting around the truth of what I have stated, or what I meant with "your" own limited perception of it?

From now on, if I THINK you have pointed out an "err" so that you can create more confusion in my posts I won't try to explain it, I'll just ignore you.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Quiet Storm

I am not trying to make fun of you or your ideas. I am trying to understand what you are saying. I looked at a post where you said Planet X had been found the link you provided did not seem to support that.

I am not trying to put down your ideas or mock you in any way. There is in fact an indication that there is something affecting the outer planets orbits. I trust my intuition also, but I know that sometimes it can be wrong.

If I have offended you in any way I am sorry for that was not my intent.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Planet X - pfff - dont you think every astronomer would be jumping at the chance to be one named finding it.

If there is anything outthere its going to be small and boring.

To comment about the previous postings suggesting the moon is bigger on the horizon - its an optical illusion whereby you have a frame of refense like building and trees.

Utter nonsense - theres two posts on this now and there both bordering on fabrications - id listen if was a credible amateur astronomer not some quacks on a rumour site.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can someone help me here? What's this thread about? I haven't noticed any problems with the moon or the tides. I'll admit people looking at the same thing sometimes have very different stories, but we are talking about the moon. I've looked at some of the other sites used as references. Is this whole thing a joke? An ATS spoof?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet StormBut the question is, if it's "bad science" then how can she go so in depth with such limiting science?
:

Oh heavens... she hasn't even approached some of the detail and material produced by more famous frauds. She gets some stuff right -- but ... well, let me give you an example of how much depth someone can get into and be completely wrong:

Carlos Castaneda wrote a whole series of books about "wisdom" he said he got from "Don Juan." Investigations showed that there was no such person and the practices he described were not very much like those of the native people he claimed the traditions came from. The books were very lucrative, and in spite of scholarly howlings about the flaws, Castaneda got lots of money and he was seen to be more credible than the anthropologists who actually worked with the Yaqui.

Don't assume that Nancy was doing this from some sort of altruistic reason. The site is the result of several years' work... and sold a lot of the products (books, mainly) that supported her belief.

Her knowledge (and the "Zetans'" knowledge) was about that of a high school student from many years ago. I once calculated (an easy calculation) that the speed of the incoming "Planet X" needed to be somewhere about Warp 5, then suddenly decelerate (as it hit the orbit of Mars) and start cruising toward the sun at a leisurely 10,000 miles per hour (in contrary to the known laws of physics.) She then proclaimed it suddenly halted and hung in front of Earth and perform several other impossible tasks (it would speed the Earth's rotation up for 12 hours and then slow it down for 12 hours ... now... if it had done this, you'd see tidal waves out the wazoo.)

Science is missing the ever changing frequencies of pure consciousness-awareness, and that my freind is 100 percent of the Earth, and the universe.

Science (the spoilsport) would like "changing frequencies of pure consciousness-awareness" to be defined and the concept to be proven.

But... I've been there and worked on that (your notion that I'm hostile to psychic phenomina isn't true (though I am a skeptic) -- you see, I also am a professional tarot card reader, I do some shamanic spiritual work, and I have gone ghost hunting a number of times and have laid one ghost to rest.

However, when I see something that I think is bogus from a spiritual standpoint, I'll call it out.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Byrd,
Is this a spoof or do they really believe this "stuff"? I'm kinda new to ATS, are there spoof stories?
AE

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
For some reason when I read this I'm reminded of a club my little sister started and all these stupid rules they barked back at each other...oh well just an observation...guess I should run a search on it for some actual data before I post tho...anyway, yes, over the last month or two I have noticed a change in the sun and the moon patterns. I for one do practice some basic forms of druidry and have noticed a decrease in potency of various outcomes on spells. I also have been quite ill for a month of two with some sort of stomach virus. Could it all be related? sure. maybe not. just putting in my ten cents worth.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

OK. Then Why don't you break new ground and subject your ideas to the scientific method.

The scientific method is the best way yet discovered for winnowing the truth from lies and delusion. The simple version looks something like this:

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a theory that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the theory to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations.
5. Modify the theory in the light of your results.
6. Go to step 3.

Your Planet X is like Sagan's garage dwelling dragon. You believe based on faith, not on evidence.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Science only focuses on the physical, but there is a whole other side of reality that some may call the "paranormal", but I just call it spiritual reality, which is about as real as the dream realm.... but of course, most of you die hard materialistic people will never get what the hell I am talking about, but I can accept you calling me "crazy" because.... in the view of society and not your own, which is the empty space between everything, I am crazy.

HAHAHAhAHAHA!

Actually, what you are talking about is called "philosphy."

There are quite a number of theories that attempt to blend concepts like dasein and quantum mechanics.

Some of them are quite esoteric and "out there," but they are interesting indeed. The difficulty for some, QT, is that they depend on a difficult set of terms and conceits to master. I will admit that I can follow some of them, but some of them, well take a look for yourself:

one example

and another

more

and the best!

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
one more question for Quiet Storm:

Sir I have done lots of research on this planet X, you can't point out where I have obtained my conclusions, because simply they are not your conclusions to be stating where I got them, AND I have not provided every single article ever that I have read about planet X, the coming changes, spirituality, intuition, the visions, and dreams I have had.

So are you saying that your ideas are based dreams and halucinations?

What role does your intuition have in proving that Planet X in fact exists?

How reliable is your intuition? can we quantify it?

Have you ever dreamed that you were flying (without the aid of an aircraft)? If you have, are we to take it that this means that you can indead fly?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It can be that the science in the Zetatalk Website is not correct. I made an assumption due to its DEPTH.

But the question is, if it's "bad science" then how can she go so in depth with such limiting science?

Do you tend to believe things based on the quantity over the quality of information? This is inconsistent with another of your posts where you rely on intuition to determine what facts are true. As far as bad science leading to "depth", well just look how long this thread is getting to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
we see what we whant to see we believe what we want to believe driven by ignorance greed and war shrouded in secrecy and buried in lies one person to rule billions to maintain the secrets and lies and war we are a race so clever we can rip holes in time and space sail the stars and lie to a whole world without being caught out yet so stupid to believe what we are told we are the only life in the universe that war is for freedom for the peoples best interest and not for the self gain and power minipulation and greed and that we are not in constant contact with exterterestrials and they do believe me they live among us the puppet masters behind the shadow goverment the real rulers of earth we are the ones who make these new deseises [failed experiments gone wrong and released ] makers of tecnology that should not exist thet causes earth quakes stunami's ect... man is and always will be every man for themselvs apart from a select few you know who you are and you know what to do at the right time to fight the antichrist who is working up the ranks as we speak to become a hand full of people known as ogmios' army let you be spiritualy ready for the end fight that will be spirit crushing but you must be strong as the words of the enemy sound like music to your ears dont listen to his forkrd tongue as he is the lord of reptilions god be with you all ........................ogmios

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What's up with all the Anonymous poster thread resurrections?

I guess it's a good thing because I had been wondering about the moon myself a little while back. It had been looking rather strange to me as well. A couple times it had been positioned in a Cheshire cat smile. I thought it odd at the time.

But before the West coast of California started getting slammed by those storms, I started seeing an influx of seagulls coming inland. So I started reading what the signs of them coming around could possibly mean. I came across weather proverbs and also Meteorolgy by Aristotle. From there I found the Folklore of the Isle of man Chapter VII. Some pretty interesting readings.

It was between the three readings (I forget which one exactly) that I realized, on top of seeing the seagulls, that maybe what I noted with the moon looking different could of just been dealing with weather phenomenon. I guess also called portends, of things to come upon the earth?

Anywho, hope I've made some sense, kinda tired here.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by DearWife]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To come back on topic, when I originally read this post, I was skeptical and brushed it off.
However, this past week, I had an experience watching "the moon" rapidly descend the sky.
I was at my cottage near Kamloops, BC and was watching a beautiful sunset on Monday Aug. 4, 2008. A lovely crescent moon was traversing slightly above the horizon in the west following the sun. It was a really spectacular sight and I immediately went for my camera. Well, in the minute or so that I went inside, grabbed the camera and went back onto the deck, the crescent moon had moved very quickly, dropping its bottom edge behind the mountain. From there, it disappeared within 2 minutes. No joke. What would take the moon, normally a good 15 minutes of travel took less than 5.
I am reviewing the photos I took, but I fear that it was moving so fast that I did not get time to adjust shutter speed and iris properly.
Reviewing the moon phases for the month of August, it seems that the crescent shape was correct, but the speed at which it moved was very disconcerting. I have NEVER seen the moon travel through the sky with the type of speed it had on August 4 around 8-9pm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join