It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual noises in the sky???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Two nights ago at aproximately 3am over Rochester in Kent strange noises were heard. One resident who lives in near the castle said that it woke him up.
He went on to say that he thought it was thunder and lightenening, until he got to his window and looking over the river and gardens could see strange coloured lights swirling just below the cloud line. Further to this the person concerned said he thought it might be a helicopter, but rules this out after hearing loud cracking sounds coming from different parts of the sky. Pressed on why he did not venture outside, was told it was so surreal, the gentleman replied, " I was too scared!"
Anyone else heard it or may know what it could have been? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Interesting.

I'm only a few miles down the road in Ashford, but alas this is the first i've heard of it.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

S&F. I heard a loud rumble/strange noise in the sky here in Glasgow at around 2.30am on sat or sunday. I heard it through my soundproof windows. When I opened my window it had stopped but I thought there had been an explosion of some kind near by and was surprised when I didn't hear any emergency services sirens. I even turned on my tv & laptop to see if anything came on the news. Strange!

The sky was overcast, so I wouldn't see anything. No plane I know of would make that kind of noise!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hi happinness,
The first question i would like to ask is what did it sound like, this strange noise?
Maybe Maya27 could answer this too, as they were witness to it as well.

Was it a loud bang?, or a slow rumble?

Have you ruled out any Secret Aircraft testing by US or RAF Forces along the lines of the Aurora Stealth Aircraft?
What effects did this noise have on you and the surrounding district?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That almost sounds like Haarp playing games.

Seems like they are very active lately.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
thats weird same kind of sound i have heard around derbyshire to and lights.
damn them they wana show themselfs but in the mean time there toying with us

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes dgtempe, HAARP is another possibility that I overlooked. Most people don't know that the 'one' station that is in Alaska is only the tip of the iceberg. There is a globe encircling 'network' of these stations that could possibly have led to these noises.
Good pickup

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sounds alot like what people have been expierencing in this thread
What's shaking the skies of the North West?

-E-

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

No witnesses. I had gone in to kitchen to pour a glass of water. As soon as I turned the tap off I became aware of the noise. My first thaught was that it must be Thunder, then I thought it started to sound like either a bomb had gone off in town, or a plane had crash landed. By this time I had become so concerned that I opened the window, but the noise had stopped. I really expected to hear sirens going off. As it was cloudy, I didn't see anything in the sky. Very strange noise though.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Just had a look at your thread, and linked to the other, very similar thread Strange Rumbling.... Very interesting. I just skimmed through for now. I'd be interested to know what's your opinion on all these different reports? Black tech, Haarp, Pole shift (magnetic) ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I'm not sure what it is. I would guess it is either mis-identification of common noises, or a new plane being tested, but I'm not sure.

-E-

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Strange. I remember this happening here in L.A about 6 months ago. It started around 4 am and lasted for about 20 minutes on and off. I kept hearing a loud noise that sounded like thunder but the sky's were clear. I looked on the news but didn't see anything on it. I don't think there was much talk about it so it could have been maybe a little more local to me. I don't know what it was but it did sound pretty scary after a while. It was also pretty annoying.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Same happened to me few weeks ago in Germany in the Altenbeken area. The noises were a kind of a frequency i never heard before in my whole life. More strange: there were silent thunder lightnings before and after the noises....

[edit on 5-12-2009 by irelandgoblins]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I live a few miles away on the coast and did not hear anything.Then again would have been asleep at the time.The weird thing that I have seen a few days ago on two consecutive days at about 6pm was while I was driving home saw a large lightning like flash nearby where i live but there was no thunder and no rain and very few clouds.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yess, all the lightnings i saw were like a flash there.....So something weird is going on. Or was.Well interesting times. Whatever. ..

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thinking about it, im in North Derbyshire myself and I remember hearing something loud. Almost like a B52 or B1B was cruising overhead. And thinking to myself "Thats one loud large Jet up there." But thats all I dismissed it as.
I live on the flightpath which takes many of the "Heavies" out over the N.Atlantic, and on numerous occasions theres been Military gear flying at around FL230 which have literally been so loud you can barely hear yourself think for a time. These are louder than Commercial Jets and the transition phase across the Horizon lasts much longer than normal airliners, wether its due to a higher altitude or slower airspeed. Unfortunately they only pass at Night so I cant see what it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Thinking about it, im in North Derbyshire myself and I remember hearing something loud. Almost like a B52 or B1B was cruising overhead. And thinking to myself "Thats one loud large Jet up there." But thats all I dismissed it as.
I live on the flightpath which takes many of the "Heavies" out over the N.Atlantic, and on numerous occasions theres been Military gear flying at around FL230 which have literally been so loud you can barely hear yourself think for a time. These are louder than Commercial Jets and the transition phase across the Horizon lasts much longer than normal airliners, wether its due to a higher altitude or slower airspeed. Unfortunately they only pass at Night so I cant see what it is.

Don't live too far from there myself, Just east of Liverpool I am which is north of North Derby, about 7 weeks ago around 2am I heard a loud rumbling noise in the sky, I actually stopped what i was doing to listen to it as i get planes often over my house being on the flight path to speke airport but this was alot louder. I dismissed it as a very low plane but then on facebook alot of friends where like 'did anyone hear that then' and lots of people from different ends of the town had... Although we do have a large coal power plant in our town, in the 22 years i've lived hear i've never heard it make that sort of sound... just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
sonic boom from a military craft?

I live in Florida so occassionally we hear sonic booms as the shuttle reenters the atmosphere from space... it could be mistaken for an explosion or thunder or lightning crashing if you've never heard it before.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I see where you're coming from but this was an extended sound over about 30-40 seconds, sounded really really low, wish i'd of got up and gone outside to be hounest but it was 2am..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
On Halloween night (11pm approx) in Belfast, Northern Ireland, myself and my brother turned and looked at each other and said nothing. The reason being, we heard the most powerful engine we ever heard in our lives coming from the sky. It was only 2 seconds long, we had no visual, skies were clear and we had a 360 degree view of the sky.

We were stuck for words, we couldn't even label it as a UFO because we did not see anything. It was the loudest "engine" (?) I have ever heard in my life.

I hope this can contribute to your investigation. The sound came from the West heading East. Though sounds can have echos and the direction may be completely wrong. If it was heading East (whatever that made this noise), then it was headed towards England.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join