It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas executes low-IQ convicted killer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Does the Kryties know what happened to the Little Girl while this Scumbag had her and before he Killed her? No, I don't think so.

This thread is exactly what "Irks" me about some people. An "INNOCENT" and I might add a "COMPLETELY INNOCENT" Child was abducted and murdered... Someone, out of the millions of people, has to stick up for him. They say he didn't deserve his punishment!! My God, What's the world coming too.

This poor Eleven Year Old kid was abducted and killed by a Mentally Deranged and dangerous person. Whether or not this person has a high or low I.Q is of no consequence. He gave up his right to live when he murdered an Innocent Child.

I'd like to see the OP Go tell the Parents of the Child that he deserved to live because he had a low I.Q.

The Parents and Relatives of the little girl now have to live a life sentence because of what a low life scumbag killer did to their daughter.

This "Low I.Q" Killer got better than what he deserved. What he did deserve I can't post here because it's not nice.

Kryties, you need to get down off your horse and take a real good look at the real world. I don't care less if you support the death penalty or not. When it comes to a crime and heinous as this, this scumbag, Bobby Woods, got off way too easy.

link   
What a laughable reach. Executing a man who raped and killed an 11 yo, means that they will now executing scientists?

Clearly you have other conspiracy agendas to push. You could probably give a flying rats ass less about this murderer, or the case itself. He was borderline "mentally unstable," but you act as if he was an invalid. He was not. And I highly doubt this will set any sort of precedence for other executions.

And stop reaching to fill your own agendas, it's a sad thing.

link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you had a daughter and a man killed her in such a manner, what would your reaction be? My eyes would be wide open with rage, and I wouldn't take into account what he scored on an IQ test. An eye for an eye does not make the whole world blind, not if your taking that eye from someone who brutally raped your daughter and then proceeded to kill her.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This execution was unconstitutional. executing the mentally retarded is classified as cruel and unusual punishment in the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well was the decision based purely on IQ & literacy tests? If he was on the threshold so surely he underwent other psychological evaluations to determine whether he could distinguish between right and wrong?

If all the lawyers had to fight with was the results of two tests which arent the most credible methods of testing someones 'intelligence' then it sounds like they were grasping at straws.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The guy abducted and killed an 11 year old girl.

I actually saw them interviewing the guy on the news and he certainly didn't strike me as mentally impaired. I'll grant you that you can't tell much of a person just off seeing them in the TV of course, but I didn't see anything with his appearance of speech that would have led me to believe he was impaired to the extent he was claiming. Also, don't people plead insanity and mental impairment in these types of situations pretty often?

Either way however, I feel this execution was justified despite whatever his mental condition might have been. Go ahead and hate me for it if you like but it's just the way I feel. Why is it when a fully functional person gets a death sentence or even when something like a dog kills a person and gets executed/put down that's Ok but it's not fine when someone who's mentally retarded get's held to the same standards?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Does it matter if he knew what he was doing or not? He's proved himself sick and dangerous.

When a dog bites someone, or even a wild animal like a mountain lion mauls someone, people don't think twice about putting it down, eventhough it doesn't "know any better" and despite that being it's natural tendencies. We hold those creatures/lives to normal human standards, and I don't see any reason why this person should be treated differently. How dare I equate a dog or lion's life with a humans? It's that type of vanity that makes humanity a destructive and evil force in this world.

We should stop thinking about the criminal's rights and think of the victims. That little girl deserved justice, and she's got it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is truly a sad thing... That it takes so many years to kill this filthy son of a *****

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Someone not having a high enough IQ to know any better is when a child or serverly mentally retarded individual smoothers a puppy to death with hugs.

This Guy:
1) Snuck through a window at night.
2) Kidnapped two children.
3) Took them to a remote location out of sight.
4) Serverly beats the 9 year old unconscious causing skull fragments to pierce the boys brain. Which is attempted murder, no question.
5) He then sexually tortures and rapes an 11yr old girl.
6) Cuts her throat.
7) Rapes her again, post mortem (necrophilia).

There is NOTHING about his actions that would lead me to believe that he was mentallyincapable of knowing right from wrong.

He was tried, convicted and sentenced for his crime. He had 10 years to appeal his case. Which did serveral times unsuccesfully. He had 10 years to think about what he had done.

He was then Executed for his crime.

There is nothing illegal, unconstitutional, inhumane or immoral about it.

Nature strives and prevails because of reason - Survival of the Fittest.

The guy, and all of the other child raping murderers like him, need to be taken out of lifes equation. Plain and simple.

There is no such thing as Rehabilitation when it comes to Prison. Those people can lie to themselves all they want, but it doesn't exist.

People who are convicted of violent crimes should be put to death.

The ONLY way that this world we live in is going to get any better, is when people stop trying save those that aren't worth saving. Those people who believe otherwise can stand up and scream all they want to try to save those who deserve nothing more than death. But when it comes right down to it .. Even the people you're trying to save wouldn't care enough about you to save or spare your life.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection

This Guy:
1) Snuck through a window at night.
2) Kidnapped two children.
3) Took them to a remote location out of sight.
4) Serverly beats the 9 year old unconscious causing skull fragments to pierce the boys brain. Which is attempted murder, no question.
5) He then sexually tortures and rapes an 11yr old girl.
6) Cuts her throat.
7) Rapes her again, post mortem (necrophilia).

Thats awful... but yea you wouldnt expect someone who has roughly the same IQ as 8/9 year old to be able to go to those sort of lengths with regards to the kidnapping, let alone the subsequent murder & rape.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
we need to end the death penalty altogether. it doesn't do any good, what good is "justice" if it just causes more sadness?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It rids the world of those that are unfit for oxygen.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
It amazes me that the outrage over the execution of a sick twisted child rapist and killer would be such a horror to some people here. The only reason I can see for them opposing such an execution is that they themselves may be child abusers and or killers themselves.

wait ... you're saying every good person in the world supports the death penalty?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have met many mentally handicapped people. They aren't as dumb as we think. This man knew what he was doing. Intelligence is not sanity. Forrest Gump knew what was right... just saying. The fact that this man had an IQ of 70 is not an excuse for his actions. If one wants to build a case against the death penalty, it would be wise not to use examples like this to make your point. It makes it sound like the issue is the man's cognitive ability and not the death penalty itself.

reply to post by wantsome

Murder is murder wether its in cold blood or an act of revenge. I dispise the pro death pentalty people as much if not more the people convicted. Because thier selfrichous hypocrits that condone murder.

I guess my biggest issue with this statement is that our society has a general understanding of "when the government does it, it isn't wrong". So, many see that because the state is killing the man, they do it under some pretense that allows the courts to justifiably kill a man.

This is similar to the idea that when the government takes money through coercion, it is called taxation, not stealing. When the government kills thousands of innocent people with the most advanced weaponry man has ever seen, it's called collateral damage, and for some reason we are okay with this.

Even if you disagree with the war, your tax dollars payed for the bombs and the lethal injection.

Murder is murder, unless you are a Statist, then it is likely collateral damage or capital punishment.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\

This thread looks like its circling the drain..... more pages then flags.... wow

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

wait ... you're saying every good person in the world supports the death penalty?

Welcome to Texas...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lets throw in wacky idea right out of the box!

What if reincarnation is true, We execute this scumbag and he's reborn in a new body and in another twenty years from now is ready to start a whole new crime spree again? I told you it was out there!

Maybe with no chance to learn from your mistakes you doomed to repeat them.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There won't be world peace until we end the death penalty.

Period.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

actually beheadding is more common for murder in Iran. i think it is up to the relatives if they are killed like that though. they can chose to fogive them, and let them live.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Harlequin

actually beheadding is more common for murder in Iran. i think it is up to the relatives if they are killed like that though. they can chose to fogive them, and let them live.

i wonder how rare that is. actually it's more common than you'd think for a victim's family to forgive a murderer, esp if the murderer was a kid, mentally retarded, truly sorry etc ... but i'd still imagine more than half of them are just hell-bent on making the perp die and suffer.

i'd like to think i'd forgive, but i never want to find out.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The death penalty has not been proven to be a deterrent.

There are men who were awaiting execution when they were found to be innocent through DNA. Is there an acceptable number of innocent people to execute per year?

We are lowering ourselves to the level of murderers ourselves. I know many disagree with that, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. It is simply my opinion.

I have a 10 year old daughter who means the world to me. God forbid anything should ever happen to her, but if it did, killing the guilty party would not bring her back. I would want the perp to be locked up until dead, not executed.

Maybe my morals are inconsistent, because I would slaughter without mercy, hesitation or remorse anyone I caught trying to kill or seriously harm either my daughter or my wife. But the deed is irreversible once it's done.

Capitol punishment also costs society a lot more money, due to all the appeals they get and the legal representation and review they are entitled to.

Prison is no picnic, I worked in state pen for about 3 years as a nurse. They are not country clubs. The judge can sentence someone to segregation for life if they like, 23 hours a day to be all alone with your thoughts. Not fun for someone whose thoughts come from a place like hell.

I'd rather be dead. The way I see it, you are doing many of them a favor by executing them. Let them live with themselves.

Again, just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join