It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas executes low-IQ convicted killer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Lol. yeah. Paying someone to tell you how smart you are. lol.

Wonder if I gave them more money if I would score higher?

Not paying for the service show's more about your intelligence than the test itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Don't like?

Vote

Since when has voting ever helped? The power has been taken out of our hands for a long time now, thats just a cop-out.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So he had the mental capacity of a seven year old? I don't know about you but I don't know ANY seven year olds that would abduct, sexually assault, and then murder an 11 year old.

Sorry, I don't accept excuses and neither does the family of that 11 year old girl or the judgement he will face in the afterlife.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Kryties

Lol. Who ever said that as a race we are enlightened.

The world would like us to think so. Science would have us believe that we are the "pinnacle of mankind", and in being that we should be enlightened should we not?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Yeah, it's just for people to brag about...

"I'm in Mensa!"

"Yes mate, but you're still a garbage man"

I just did the test out of curiosity really.

I wonder if Stephen Hawking gets consessions?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Have any of you taken an IQ test before? I have, and in order to score high, you must be proficient in math for one. What his IQ score tells me is that he has bad math skills and problems with complex problem solving. A 70 IQ score in no way proves one is mentally incompetent, but shows a lack of education. I would bet my house that most criminals test low. I said MOST. I don't see many severe mentally handicapped people out there brutally beating a boy almost to death and raping, torturing, and murdering a little girl. This man was just like any other piece of worthless human excrement that kills children. Don't they have to be crazy in some way to even commit these heinous crimes? YES, because normal people DON'T TORTURE CHILDREN !!!!!
As far as his execution, I wish he would have been given life instead, so he could live the rest of his short life being tortured in prison. Remember how they got Dahmer? They don't like child killers in prison.
May this total waste of a soul rot in Hell forever!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

The whole point is that:

1. Texas executed a man illegally given it's laws on IQ and mental status, and

2. That execution is nothing more than a vengence-based EMOTIONAL system that has no part or place in any western law system on the planet ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN MANDATES.

Unless, of course, you advocate religiously political executions performed by Muslim countries....which is pretty much what Texas has just done.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Have you taken an IQ test?
They are very easy to manipulate, which is one reason they aren't taken seriously. The point is, we don't know exactly how "incompetent" he was. We do know though that he is a murderer.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The world knows better. Society might want us to think that, but do you? Science doesn't say that because we have would to know everything to be the pinnacle, thereby not knowing everything about everything we cannot be the pinnacle of mankind. We have lost knowledge of our past. Ancient civilizations and how they were built proves this. We have idea's how they might have been built,but that is all, proving the loss of knowledge. If two different societies mastered 2 different technologies, which is more advanced? Only way to really decide is a war. Who ever survives is more advanced, technologically. But since the others knowledge has been lost it is a sort of backward step. When all humans come together and agree on the exact same thing, will it create harmony, as an orchestra shows. Only then will we be enlightened as you refer to it, as a race.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by Kryties

Have you taken an IQ test?
They are very easy to manipulate, which is one reason they aren't taken seriously. The point is, we don't know exactly how "incompetent" he was. We do know though that he is a murderer.

So bloody what? Since when does murdering a murderer make murder right? Just because it's relabeled "execution" and given the seal of approval by a corrupt justice system, it does not make it right.

Do you think the Spanish Inquisition was right? They believed they were right executing so-called "witches"! So did the government! So does that make it right? I think not.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

He probably doesn't take them, he probably designs them. I wonder if any computers have taken the test. If designed for it I think they would do great. I guess it would have to do with the design of the object taking the test to do good or bad at it then.

To bad they do not a creative test. Oh wait, they do! Hollywood.

link   

I never said I believed we were "enlightened", just that science would have us believe so. The evidence that we aren't lies in the fact that we do not learn from our history, we seem to be doomed to repeat it - aka the Spanish Inquisition and many other examples......

link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Since when does murdering a murderer make murder right?

Since Biblical times, actually, and maybe some time before that.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Kryties
Since when does murdering a murderer make murder right?

Since Biblical times, actually, and maybe some time before that.

I am not sure if you agreeing with me or not but either way I will point out that it really doesn't matter how long it has been going on for, what matters is if it is right or wrong.

It is wrong, on every level conceivable.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I believe it has to do with....I do not want that person living next to me...syndrome. Would you want that person living next to you? Like I said before, which one shows more mercy:

1) Killing someone.

2) Separating that person from the rest of us to assure we or anyone else is not harmed.

Due to the economic situation is would be more productive to kill them.

Either way you go they are separated. Both are permanent.

Now you have to ask yourself, which is more cruel. Letting them live for the rest of their lives knowing what they have done, and having it shoved in their face everyday? Or the alternative?

Again I ask. What would you have done with him?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yeah, but wouldn't you agree that you can't get 10 people to agree on anything,much less, 3 billion? An Utopian world will never be. There will always be bad people and bad things will always happen. This world could not survive if the entire population all stopped killing and disasters/disease stopped happening. 3 Billion would become 300 billion in no time. People have to die, and it must be all ages and all ways in order for life to maintain it's delicate balance. All living things on this earth live and then die.
As a society, we must lock up those that threaten life. Life is hard enough to survive without letting child murderers run around free because they are dumb.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Kryties

Again I ask. What would you have done with him?

Remain in jail receiving treatment for his mental illness but not allowed the freedom that the general public holds near and dear.

What he did was wrong, no doubt about that, but execution solves nothing except the emotional wants of those involved. To deliver justice based on emotion is nothing more than a disgrace to the whole premise of western justice.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Actually mate, psychologists do have IQ tests for illiterate people (just google "IQ tests for illiterate people" and you find many sources for this). My point is, your IQ has nothing to do with your educational level, but more your intelligence, which includes problem solving skills, spacial awareness, language skills etc.

If I have an IQ test today, then went and gained a PhD, would my IQ increase? No.

Equally, a person with an IQ of 70, would be incapable of getting anywhere near a PhD in education. Not because of a poor education, but because their mental capabilities prevent them from learning or comprehending anything above a certain level.

This is why the whole premise of equal education for all (as they try to advocate here in the UK) is incorrect from the beginning, because certain people are naturally more academically capable than others. I managed to get straight A's at school without really trying, whereas most of my friends had to put a lot of time into study to get decent marks.

IQ and education are not linked.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I never said I believed we were "enlightened", just that science would have us believe so. The evidence that we aren't lies in the fact that we do not learn from our history, we seem to be doomed to repeat it - aka the Spanish Inquisition and many other examples......

Yes but you did say,"If we are supposed to be so enlightened as a race". Is it wrong to kill? I believe so. But until everyone on the earth believes that way killing will exist. If your goal is to change the world view, then good luck to you. I would love to be able to let my daughter walk to her grandmothers house to visit, knowing that no one will abduct her, rape her, then kill her.

Right now all we can do is kill the one's who do so as to insure that it will never happen again, by the one who did it. Or lock them up somewhere at the expense of the one's who are being protected from them. Mafia style. Pay for them not to hurt you or the one's you love.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
uh he killed an 11 year old girl. he got what he deserved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join