It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas executes low-IQ convicted killer

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

My original post concerning "coddling" was directed towards all who are doing so, and not only or specifically those people who have posted their opinions in this thread. It is my opinion now that many of the Kryties posts and the way they have evolved through the thread reflect a "tone" of sympathy or compassion for this convicted and corporally punished child killer. I will not quote any one line, as it is apparent to me in the language of them all. I will not apologize for having enterpreted it that way.
In an effort to keep my posts on topic, this will be my final for this thread.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by 2compelled]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2compelled
reply to post by Kryties

I will not quote any one line, as it is apparent to me in the language of them all. I will not apologize for having enterpreted it that way.

You can't quote any one line because their are none. I just reread this whole thread to find ANY instances of ANYONE "coddling" the man and I could find none. Not one.

I accept that this is simply your interpretation, but I say it is a wrong one - evidenced by the thread itself.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If he was mentally deficient then it should of been proven in his trial. It wasn't, and nothing you can say can change that fact. Execute him.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Are you seriously defending a child rapists murderer?

Everyone pleads "insanity" today. Why should my tax dollars go to keep this animal alive for the rest of its pitiful life?

They should have took it out back, blind folded it, and put a bullet in its head, It would have been much cheaper!

I for one am glad this individual is no longer breathing amongst us.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i have 2 questions regarding lethal injection.
1. does it hurt?

2. what substances are used and in what dosages?

thx.

as for topic . People who are against death penalty grab whatever they can i see this article just make them look ignorant.

whats the diffirence murderer is a murderer his iq dosnt matter.

i have no opinion as for penalty itself as here in poland you can kill people and they will lock you up max 25y (wich is stupid)
you can get up to 3years for having illegal software O_o

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
i have 2 questions regarding lethal injection.
1. does it hurt?

2. what substances are used and in what dosages?

thx.

as for topic . People who are against death penalty grab whatever they can i see this article just make them look ignorant.

whats the diffirence murderer is a murderer his iq dosnt matter.

i have no opinion as for penalty itself as here in poland you can kill people and they will lock you up max 25y (wich is stupid)
you can get up to 3years for having illegal software O_o

The funny thing about IQ tests, theyre obsolete. I remember my psychology professor from college talking about IQ tests being a horrible way to go about predicting someones intellectual prowess. Im not even sure why we still use IQ testing.

Whos to say this murderer didnt intentionally fail the IQ testing so he could get off scott free? It is not like he is a trust worthy person any way, after all, he did rape and murder a CHILD!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
reply to post by Kryties

Are you seriously defending a child rapists murderer?

/sigh

This will be the million+1 times I have said in this thread that the man deserves to be punished, just not by execution as I abhore the whole premise of state sanctioned execution.

Please read the whole thread before making baseless accusations.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Kryties

What took so long?
We should kill more dimwits.
The prisons are full of people that will not gain any value. Clear them out. Make room for more hardened criminals who can wait in line for the next wave of lethal injections.

Aren't they doing that in California by releasing them to the local population?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
reply to post by VonDoomen

Costs more to kill 'em after the due process and legal fees, and appeals.

Sad but true.

The problem is not about saving money, but that is a part of it.

My main issue is that there are "real" killers out there allowed to live...they should not have that right. Them using tax money to be housed and fed infuriates me more.

Plus, whether or not it cost more to "kill em", that money is going around to the careers in law, and back around the chain.

I wasn't making an argument for or against when stating my post, but that when someone claims "My tax payers money is spent on these scum to keep them alive!!" as an argument, it has to be pointed out it costs more to kill them.

If to them it is important, then they need to know.

Personally, I'd rather it wasn't the case. Some people forgo their rights to humane punishment in my mind, by their sheer lack of respect for life and their pure lack of morality.

They are not redeemable. they are a burden, no matter how we think about it. But until I am king of planet earth, I cannot and will not make that judgment.

//typos//

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Bottom line hre: rape and murder a child in Texas, and they WILL execute you...end of story.

Which is wrong and hypocritical. Murdering the murderer solves nothing but emotional satisfaction for the victims family.

People like Kryties are nothing more than trolls and this post proves it. If kryties thinks the victims family get emotional satisfaction out of the execution and it cures their pain kryties is sadly mistaken.

It is punishment that fits the crime according to man. Its people like kryties that have kept society from exacting the correct retribution on these evil dogs. The correct retribution is to let the families decide the fate of these evil dogs once convicted.

To say the families get any kind of emotional cure out of these evil dogs being executed is absurd at best. The victims families will relive the torture of their daughters last moments over and over for the rest of their days.

People like kryties relish the idea that some of these murders get to live in relative comfort in prison for the rest of their lives and even on some cases are allowed back on the streets to prey on society.

To people that think like kryties this 11 year old was noting more than a late term abortion.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it's fine that he was put to death even if he had a low IQ. There are many people that have low IQ's that aren't murders, pedophiles, etc. He was a criminal and commited the crime in a state that has the death penalty. There are consequences to our actions regardless of our mental state.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sergeylopez]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

And I am ashamed to be living in a world where one can repeatedly say, multiples times throughout the thread, that I abhore what the man did and that he deserves to be punished - and yet have people continually accuse me of having "sympathy" for him regardless of plainly written English stating otherwise.

They accuse you of having sympathy for him because you wish to minimize his punishment. The ultimate punishment in this great state of Texas is capital. You think it's mean or cruel or whatever to execute him and that we should be softer/nicer. Compared to what he should get, you wish to give him a slap on the wrist, that's why you are showing sympathy.

Which is wrong and hypocritical. Murdering the murderer solves nothing but emotional satisfaction for the victims family.

This is the stupidest statement I've read in a long time.

To "Murder" something is an individual/s unlawfully taking the life of another human.

To "Kill" simply means to take life from.

To "Execute" means that a government (not an individual) carries out punishment by killing (lawful) a criminal.

And before I am yet again wrongfully accused of not having sympathy for the family, I do very much so and I have never said otherwise.

But your arguments are not for the family, they are for the criminal. Be it for letting him off easy, or looking past what he did because of his mental state. Your outrage isn't based on the fact of what he did to those kids, but on HIS unfair treatment. Your concern is how he was wronged.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by PoetofTime]

[edit on 5-12-2009 by PoetofTime]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sadly, I think the UK and Australia would vote the death penalty back if it was put to vote. After all, most Aussies were joyful when the Bali bombers were executed by Indonesia.

The only countries that probably wouldn't bring it back if it was put to popular vote are Holland, Italy, Canada, and the Nordic countries.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
"we need the death penalty to show that we love children".

now, does that sound right to you? because it's kinda the mindset of pro-DP people. they say they support it because they care about the children.

having the death penalty teaches children that love is conditional.

And here is another one that thinks that the 11 year old girl was nothing more than a late term abortion. Yes. by all means let the perp go... He deserves to have more lust filled murderous rampages with our children.

Yes, we must kill these evil dogs because we do love our children.

no, we should put them in custody for life.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
people who class the execution of a murderer, after a fair trial and extensive legal process, as "murder", have no moral compass and are in serious need of a rethink on their world view.

Taking their idiotic childlike views to their logical conclusion, the state should not imprison kidnappers, as the state is basically mimicing the crime

Utter fools

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

So here it is folks, proof that mental and legal incompetancy WILL still lead to the execution of the accused, regardless of the mental state and of the said accused person.

What an utter disgrace. It's the redneck attitude of "Stuff em, execute the bastards anyway" plus a complete ignorance of issues regarding IQ and medical mental status that keeps the system running....the "eye for an eye" system of retribution that seems to only favour those with money or power...

When the hell are people going to wake up, I wonder.

When the hell are people going to wake up and see that this individual regardless of IQ/mental capability is still hardwire programmed to do things like this. Maybe someone of normal brain functionality would be able to learn from punishment and holding - but this is someone who would most likely recommit this act if left in the world again. We're talking about an 11 year old girl here...... that's pretty [explicit] terrible.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Murder is murder wether its in cold blood or an act of revenge. I dispise the pro death pentalty people as much if not more the people convicted. Because thier selfrichous hypocrits that condone murder.

But you go ahead and exicute the mentaly challanged and mentaly ill if it make you feel better.

The only way to make sure that they will never kill and cause misery again is to get rid of them.

ps: use a spell checker, reading your posts gives me a headache.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by genomegaThe only way to make sure that they will never kill and cause misery again is to get rid of them.

ps: use a spell checker, reading your posts gives me a headache.

It sickens me to debate with people who equate the action of executing of a child murderer as exactly the same as a paedophile murdering a child- what sort of mental and moral degenerates are these people?

Do they also advocate not imprisoning a kidnapper because, to their mind, these actions are the same?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Is it wrong to put down a lion in a zoo that mauls and kills a worker or child visitor? The lion doesn't know the difference between what it's doing and its nature, so is it somehow "immoral" to kill it, after it becomes a human-killer?

I think once something, anything, starts killing people, it's safe to say it can do it again. If whomever he, she or it happened to kill wasn't in self-defense or for the protection of other lives, there's no reason to let it continue to live and continue to be a hazard to more people. Whatever he, she or it might be, and no matter what some IQ test says he, she or it is capable of.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join