It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas executes low-IQ convicted killer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Bottom line hre: rape and murder a child in Texas, and they WILL execute you...end of story.

Which is wrong and hypocritical. Murdering the murderer solves nothing but emotional satisfaction for the victims family.

And before I am yet again wrongfully accused of not having sympathy for the family, I do very much so and I have never said otherwise. I have NO sympathy for the executed man except to say he became victim of a hypocritical and backwards system when in fact he could have been punished through incarceration - which would cost less than his execution.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Which is wrong and hypocritical. Murdering the murderer solves nothing but emotional satisfaction for the victims family.

It solves a few things, first the murder will never be able to kill again. Second he won't burden the taxpayers rotting in prison. Third (depending on one's beliefs, he'll go to where he'll be more appropriately judged.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Second he won't burden the taxpayers rotting in prison.

That would be true except that it has been proven that executing a prisoner costs more than incarceration.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Yep, I think that does sum it up, and there's no inbetween, black or white. It's a very good message to send.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That would be true except that it has been proven that executing a prisoner costs more than incarceration.

That is why I am in favor of legislating a maximum time one has to file all appeals. Five years sounds fair and would drastically reduce the taxpayer costs. That seems like a very promising adjustment to make for the time being in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Either that or put the halters on the death penalty until a formal investigation can be performed, by an independant party, to determine its effects on crime, its deterrence rating, and whether or not enough is being done to ensure that innocent people do not get executed (obviously not enough).

[edit on 4/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Life in some club med of a prison is the last place we should be putting our murders and child rapists, low IQ or not mentaly compatent or not, black white brown purple...dosen't matter. Rape and murder a child and then society feeds and houses you for the rest of your life until you die of natural causes? Knee jerk reaction redacted.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

If you think maximum security prison life is "club med" then you really should watch such shows as America's Hardest Prisons on cable. Methinks your attitude about it being "club med" will change fairly rapidly.

And I think of it this way: Death is a release and a relief for the accused, removing them from their cage of prison life. Why should we want to relieve these people of their suffering? I thought the whole point of the execution was to make the person suffer for their crime? The way I see it, you are simply putting them out of their misery and paying through the nose for it. Life in maximum security is a lot more suffering than death.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If you think maximum security prison life is "club med" then you really should watch such shows as America's Hardest Prisons on cable. Methinks your attitude about it being "club med" will change fairly rapidly.

What if I told you I'm a corrections officer? Would you still thinks my attitude would change? I don't need to watch shows I see the real thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Anyone who would stand up for a child rapist, honestly has some serious and disturbing issues of their own. This is utterly disgusting, and I could care less about some staged IQ test.

What if I murdered someone, and then took an IQ test and acted like a retarded brain dead buffoon on it? Should I be let go, or granted a slap on the wrist? Give me a BREAK. I am tired of people who plot and do grotesque things to fellow humans and life in general, yet the moment they happen to get caught, they suddenly melt into a victimized puddle of goo with the affability and comprehension of Forrest Gump's lesser half.

This clown deserved to be executed, and I would have actually preferred that the poor girl's parents be given the opportunity to do it themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Anyone who would stand up for a child rapist, honestly has some serious and disturbing issues of their own. This is utterly disgusting, and I could care less about some staged IQ test.

You must have missed the numerous times in this thread where I stated that what the man did was wrong and I am not "standing up for him" except to say that execution is not the correct method of punishment.

But here it is again, for the millionth time, just in case you missed the other million times I have said this so far......

In plain English:

And before I am yet again wrongfully accused of not having sympathy for the family, I do very much so and I have never said otherwise. I have NO sympathy for the executed man except to say he became victim of a hypocritical and backwards system when in fact he could have been punished through incarceration - which would cost less than his execution.

Quite frankly I am getting a little sick of having to say this so many times just to remind those who ignorantly skipped over most of the thread.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

How convenient, you are suddenly a Corrections Officer when it suits you to prove a point. Whatever.

How about you answer the second part of my post dealing with the fact that death is actually a release for these people? That incarceration in a maximum security prison for the rest of their natural lives is not only cheaper than executing them, but it provides for a lifetime of suffering for the crime rather than releasing them from it?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

First of all, feel free to dig through some of my old posts and you'll see I'n not "suddenly" anything... I just don't often state my occupation unless I feel a topic warrants me to do so. I just love when I'm told to watch a prison documentary, like as if the person telling me to do so has gained such a great amount of knowledge from it...that I should follow suite.

I respect your opinion, you don't support the death penalty fine... I do and I'll keep my opinion regardless. This is what I call a "rag in a dryer" argument... it just goes round and round, round and round getting dryer and dryer.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well, we had a low IQ president for 8 years, so....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

This is what I call a "rag in a dryer" argument... it just goes round and round, round and round getting dryer and dryer.

THAT I will totally agree on.

I'm almost feeling dizzy from the amount of times I've answered the same question/accusation in this thread alone.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm ready to puke. How sick that people are coddling this maggot. This guy was a monster. Woods slit the throat of Sarah Patterson and raped her after abducting her and her brother. The mother was not allowed to watch the execution because she let Woods abuse her daughter before this happened. She did time for it. After the murder, this slimebag was allowed to live 11 more years. That is as long as that little girl had in her life. A nickel worth of lead in '98 for Him and Schwana Patterson. That would have been justice.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2compelled
I'm ready to puke. How sick that people are coddling this maggot.

No-one is "coddling" this man, dare I mention this has been said and dealt with a million times in this thread? Ive already dealt with this accusation twice on this page alone and yet the accusations keep on coming like my words in plain English are invisible or something.......

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wow! Was not directed specifically toward you, but since you feel guilty, I will mention that I think you have been "coddling" for 11 pages now.
Your original post screamed it. Enjoy the rant.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 2compelled

Quite frankly I see no evidence of ANYONE "coddling" the man in this thread. Please quote any posts where you think someone has been coddling. If not, I'm calling you out on a false accusation.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
How is life in prison a worse punishment than death?

Prisoners get 3 meals a day. Computers. Libraries. Medical Care. Free Education - high school and college. Free Legal Assistance. Visits from Family - some even get conjugal visits. Free education of criminal activity from other inmates.

So they wake up, they get fed, they hang out and watch tv, they get fed, they hang out and watch tv or go outside and play in the yard, they get fed and they get tucked in.

Someone else cooks for them, cleans for them, does their laundry, wakes them up and tucks them in at night.

Sound familiar?? It should, because they're treated like children!

If someone does something to them they do not like, they can throw a fit and cause people to lose their jobs. If they don't get something they want or think they have a right to have .. They throw a fit and press charges.

But you would know that right? Because you do watch prison documentaries on TELEVISION!

How many prison guards do you know that have been murdered by the same people that you're trying to save?
How many prison guards do you know that have been beaten and raped by the same people that you are trying to save?

How about the guy in Washington that had his 95 years prison sentence lifted because people that it was "too harsh", only to gun down and kill four innocent cops as they sat and had coffee?
I guess you think that the officer that shot and killed him was completely wrong in his actions?

How about the guy in South Texas that faked being paralyzed from a heart attack and was bound to a wheelchair, who attacked the two guards that were transporting him to another facility so he could be closer to a hospital to be treated for his medical condition? Attacked them, took their wepaons and escaped on FOOT!
This is the same guy that was convicted of raping a child in 1979, got out of prison in 1983, and then was sent back to prison in 1984 for RAPING another child.

The only JUSTICE these people deserve is a clean needle when they get the lethal injection, and even THAT is debateable.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join