It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm being harrassed by the Army Office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Morning everyone.
I just woke up to have the army office on the line, this isnt the first time this has happened, they rang me two weeks ago trying to persuade me to join after i cancelled an application.
Its still fresh in my mind so here is what was said.

Army: Haydn
Me: Yes
Army: You made an application in November to join
Me:No
Army:Yes you did
Me:I can gurantee to you my application was in june NOT NOVEMBER and i cancelled it

Now this bit actually left me speechless

Army: STAY OFF THE INTERNET
Me: (i let out a ooh?)
Me: Hung up

-----------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me why they would say that to me?
I applied in June but my parents persuaded me not to, so i got into college instead, and now they keep ringing me up every 2 weeks telling me i have made applications when i havn't.

Can i block there number somehow?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The recruiter gave vent to personal feeling and there is nothing to worry about in regard to you, the army and the Internet.

The thing about the army is it has more than its far share of bullying scum bags.

I went AWOL once because my stepdaughter had meningitis and the army would not give me leave because I was not married to her mother (at the time). I had a sergeant major (name withheld) phone me up at our house and he rudely told me to get my "effng" self back down to camp immediately - I told him to climb up the gaping hole he considered an anus and hung up.

When I was sure my step daughter was going to be OK I handed myself in at Edinburgh castle. I was told that when I got back to Base I would be beaten to a pulp because the sergeant major I had insulted had done sas selection and was an animal.

Apart from laughing I ended up getting the MP with the propensity for BS in trouble when I informed the base adjutant what I had been told when I was bounced (leftrightleftrightleftrightleftright) in front of him back at base. He was enraged and he phoned the MP up while I was there in front of him and gave him such a roasting over the phone I nearly felt sorry for him.

Make an official complaint or even better phone this idiot right back and tell him you will be making an official complaint to his CO unless he apologises.

Watch his attitude change fast because his type are used to dishing out the attitude and cannot contend with it ever being thrown right back at them.
He has no power to mess with you so do not worry about this” internet threat.” If anything you could make his life pretty crappy for a while if you decide to take this further.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Thanks, i just couldn't beleive the attitude he was giving to me, he falsly claimed i had applied when infact i didn't.

Im going to leave it for now, but if he rings me up again im going to speak my mind to him!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes, and be careful if he talks you into coming in to sign paperwork to clear up the problem.

You may find you just signed up for 3 tours in Afghanistan.

Even with the economy the way it is, the military is short on grunts.

Hell, at 42 I bet you they would take me, with bolts in my back and all.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

what AFCO was it.

Did you find out his name ?

they normally ring you about 4 times a year after a application just to see if you've changed your mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Its the one in Worcester on foregate street, i didn't get his name, i already said im not interested a couple of months back.

When i said i didn't apply again (which i didn't) it made him sound angry with me.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think he could of been upset you turned them down or something but its still not the right way to deal with it.

How brave are you ? Go down there talk to eact one at the desk and if you recconise his voice give him a earful.

Remind him hes a professional and should act like one, if he gets worked up and shouts back or gets rude someone one will come over you tell them the situation and they will collar him.

They only ring to see if you still or not interested maybe the next one will be more polite.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
same reason as below.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
opps internets being funny.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Yeh i think he was annoyed because i was probaly the highest qualified person of my age to actually go into the office ad join, i got really high on my BARB test aswell, i was talked out of it and was persuaded to get into college, get more qualifications.

The sgt i spoke to when i was there was nice, but this bloke on the phone was horrible, you could actually hear how pi**ed off he was in his voice, he didn't even say bye!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is no way for someone in the Army to be behaving. A grown man can't lose his cool and make some empty threat (one that I'm sure he could fight in court, "Stay off the Internet" could be interpreted many ways)

I woulda told him, "oh ya momma doesn't have internet here, don't worry son"

link   
Probably some desk jockey S/SGT who was behind on his paper work and got a bollocking,
Thought he would vent on you !!
Remind him off the harassment and stalking laws, That ought to put him right..
But all said and done the British armed forces do offer some great opportunities for gaining qualifications and great mates for life....

My recommendation Royal military police.. enough said

link   

BARB test is that like the aptitude test or PGAC ?

I cant remember what it involves i could check on the internet but my comps being funny today.

IF you still have a problem go down and tell them what happend and how they prevented any interest in joining them in the future.

I had a high reconmendation after PGAC but i told them my reasons and they said ok sir, we'll ring you up and just check if your still in the same stance.

just a bad officer i guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
this is annoying me now !

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Yeh i think he was annoyed because i was probaly the highest qualified person of my age to actually go into the office ad join, i got really high on my BARB test aswell, i was talked out of it and was persuaded to get into college, get more qualifications.

The sgt i spoke to when i was there was nice, but this bloke on the phone was horrible, you could actually hear how pi**ed off he was in his voice, he didn't even say bye!

From reading your above post I take it that you didn't score that highly on the English section?

My alarm bells are ringing here. I've never heard anyone refer to an Armed Forces Careers Office as the "Army Office"

[edit on 20/10/2004 by BillyTheCat]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
To be honest, I would just get over it.

So what, a guy behind a desk who probably had to call up one hundred other quitters that day got shirty with you ... I would get shirty with a jumped up little college kid who claimed that they are the most educated person that had applied.

Yeh i think he was annoyed because i was probaly the highest qualified person of my age to actually go into the office ad join

Get over yourself. If you are so damn smart then please do us the honour of typing correctly, genius.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTheCat

I was wondering how long it would take untill the "YOUR LYING" people came along.

Internet forums tend to be informal, so i see no reason why i should type in perfect grammar and spelling, when you can easily read what i typed out.

And i apologise for not using the entire "Armed forces careers office"
Or not using AFCO.

If you don't believe me this the complete entire process i went through:

1. Go into the office and speak to an advisor
2. He types all your qualifications into a computer database
3. He takes your height and wieght
4. You take the BARB test which consists of questions such as "Bill is smaller than Ted, who is taller" etc etc
5. You go back into the office part and you tell the Sgt the qualifications you have and your BARB score
6. He types them into a database and options come up of what suits you best
7. You choose what you like, depending on availability aswell
8. He prints off papers telling you about the role
9. He gives you application form, medical forms, and parentel consent form.
10. You shake hands and leave.

Happy?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Do the words "Probaly" Mean something to you?
When i was there last, the people in front had Maths and English at E and science at C.

And the Sgt said i had one of the highest BARB scores, so yes i can confidently say i was one of the smartest.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
My alarm bells are ringing here. I've never heard anyone refer to an Armed Forces Careers Office as the "Army Office"

Could be because the OP is from England. It took me a moment to notice his location and I was confused wondering why he'd be getting calls from recruiters at 5am or earlier when they wouldn't even be in the office that early.

Back to the OP, are you sure he said stay off the internet? That just seems bizarre... Here in the US they generally stop calling when you tell them you aren't interested and don't call back if they know you're not going to be changing your mind. The same recruiter won't call again at any rate, a different one might but not the ones who know you aren't interested. Judging by your OP it would seem the same can't be said of the recruiters in England. Is it the same guy each time? If it is, I would think you'd be able to do something about him harassing you when he knows you're not interested.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

It was about 9am when they rang me up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join