It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Brewing in Copenhagan Over Climategate Email's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Storm Brewing in Copenhagan Over Climategate Email's

news.bbc.co.uk

E-mails hacked from a climate research institute suggest climate change does not have a human cause, according to Saudi Arabia's lead climate negotiator.

Mohammad Al-Sabban told BBC News that the issue will have a "huge impact" on next week's UN climate summit, with countries unwilling to cut emissions.

Scientists say the e-mails from the University of East Anglia do not alter the picture of man-made warming.

Meanwhile, India has set a target for curbing the rise in its CO2 emissions.

Environment minister Jairam Ramesh pledged to cut India's emissions intensity - the amount
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al Gore Cancels Climate Lecture In Copenhagen

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well I just heard it on my local Radio, which means the email scandal has been exposed and is starting to get MSM Airplay. I guess the last thing Al Gore and his cronies wanted was everyone talking about something like this ahead of the Big Copenhagen Meeting. He had done such a good job in avoiding serious debates and avoiding answering some serious questions. Slippery Slime Ball he is. Wriggle your way out of this one Gore!

Seriously though with this hanging over the Meeting I cannot see anything been agreed to in Copenhagen.

I have to say I am extremely happy about these hacked emails, because its sends a message to the PTB, that we will not accept been lied to, we will not accept our questions going unanswered and more importantly we are not as powerless as they think we are!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Awesome, I like it !!

People with a working brain should see this for what it is..
The climate is a forever changing event that accures all the time.
If this doesnt get Nailed ot the history books, the coming generations are going to get thru the same ordeal...

Good find !!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was shocked this morning when watching the BBC breakfast show to learn that climate talks were still going ahead about "man-made global warming". I screamed to myself that I thought this was all a proven fallacy the extent to which the globe is affected. It just seems that people are not listening.

Then the BBC gave a 15 second segment of TV time to say "oh and someone might be prosecuted over those emails and now onto the weather."

I cannot believe that this is, in the UK, still barely getting any news mention.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
What I like best in the BBC article is the less developed countries, they will only agree to emission reductions if western countries pitch in money.

Well, hate to tell the world, the US is broke, and we owe 12 Trillion bucks to other countries banks etc.

Of course we still have enough money to police the world and keep two wars going.

Anyway S&F. And I have a couple global warming threads in my Signature you may like.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Awesome, I like it !!

People with a working brain should see this for what it is..
The climate is a forever changing event that accures all the time.
If this doesnt get Nailed ot the history books, the coming generations are going to get thru the same ordeal...

Good find !!

Exactly! Im completely behind all efforts to stop deforestation, pollution, etc but this scam is all about money and most definitely not about climate.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
What I like best in the BBC article is the less developed countries, they will only agree to emission reductions if western countries pitch in money.

Well, hate to tell the world, the US is broke, and we owe 12 Trillion bucks to other countries banks etc.

Of course we still have enough money to police the world and keep two wars going.

Anyway S&F. And I have a couple global warming threads in my Signature you may like.

Cheers Endisnighe I have seen some of them already but I will check them out!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The BBC News channel now has the DRU issue on it's announced headlines.

They just interviewed Ed Miliband (UK Environment secretary), who predictably was sticking to the AGW agenda with statements like "[the government] need to keep listening to the scientists"....Hey Mr Miliband, that is the problem, don't you have access to the internet?

I think that the scientists from CRU involved are in for some serious attention that they never considered when they were arrogantly touting their view of the world on the public and indeed other scientists. The politicians won't be altering their agenda and somehow the guys and gals at CRU will be hung out to dry to keep the agenda credible.

BBC Newsnight done a piece last night, if can get to it, it's at:
www.bbc.co.uk...

One quote I found yesterday was "One need not be a hard-core global warming skeptic to question whether we should alter the way we live in response to predictions based on findings that cannot be checked because the raw data was intentionally destroyed by the outfit that made the findings."

[edit on 4-12-2009 by phrig]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

As I said in another thread on the subject, it is our western corporations outsourcing manufacturing / services to places like India that has increased their pollutant output in the first place. If the west is so intent on using developing countries as a cheap labour pool, and to circumvent stricter labour laws and environmental protections back home, then it is only right that they shoulder some responsibility - or move the jobs back home again.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I was shocked this morning when watching the BBC breakfast show to learn that climate talks were still going ahead about "man-made global warming". I screamed to myself that I thought this was all a proven fallacy the extent to which the globe is affected. It just seems that people are not listening.

Then the BBC gave a 15 second segment of TV time to say "oh and someone might be prosecuted over those emails and now onto the weather."

I cannot believe that this is, in the UK, still barely getting any news mention.

The fact of the cover ups, the data dumping etc all points towards man made global warming as a fallacy.... otherwise why maniupulate the data! Yeah come back with a report telling us the truth and a solution that doesn't involve people like Al Gore making a profit off our backs, then we'll talk!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The MSM has been complicit (what a surprise) in trying to cover up / lessen the impact of the CRU hack / data theft. Even when they have reported it they have tried to play it down as a data theft, rather than focus on what was taken and it's wider implications.
Now that they have had to start reporting it - they could hardly ignore it any longer - they try to play it down with ridiculous excuses, such as the interpretation of words like "trick". Yeah, well when the word "trick" is used in conjunction with phrases like "hide the decline", I don't think that can be misinterpreted or taken any other way.
Now we have news that there is to be an independant investigation - carried out by the UEA! Independant my arse - how can they say that with a straight face?
I guess they'll also try to focus on the hack / theft instead of the content, after all they have big grants to protect.

Still, thank heavens for the internet - the word got out quickly and has also led to deeper scrutiny from other sources, which has also been found credibility. Time to waterboard some of the buggers and get the truth - after all, such methods are acceptable these days, so we are told, for getting to the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
When all else fails,there's always the possibility of "Disclosure"!?

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment,we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside,universal threat to make us recognize this common bond, I occasionally think how quickly our differences would vanish if we were facing an ALIEN threat from OUTSIDE THIS WORLD."

Ronald Reagan,to the U.N. General Assembly,1987

Because that is one of the main goals of Copenhagen,aside from the taxes. It's about dissolving America's sovereignty. Making us all into one big,global dysfunctional family.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
People have to remember they just made up global warming, to keep the power in the west. Thats all it is. It only benefits the west that has built up already.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
"Minnesotans for Global Warming released a music video parody of the song Draggin' the Line by Tommy James and the Shondells. It's entitled Hide the Decline, and here's just a portion .

"Makin' up data the old hard way
Fudgin' the numbers day by day
Hiding the snow and the cold and a downward line
Hide the decline (hide the decline)
Michael Mann thinks he so smart
totally inventing the hockey stick chart
Ignoring the snow and the cold and a downward line
Oh Climategate I think you have sealed your fate
I hope you do a lot of time, cuz what you did was such a crime
Hide the decline (hide the decline) "......

Here's the site where you can listen to it,and another song,"If We Had Some Global Warming" that's pretty funny,too.(I know laughter is in short supply these days,Get it while you can!)

www.gopexiles.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I bet they burned all the data right next to the climate monitoring equipment.
Kills 2 birds with one stone i think . raises the temps on the machines. And destroys the data .

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know who that masked hacker was, but, I think I'd like to buy him/her a pint or six. As far as that twelve trillion in debt is concerned, if we could get these environmentalist wackos out of the way and let us develop our own resources, I'm pretty sure that we can make a dent in that number. I'm not calling for a total overthrow of environmental regulation, just to make it a bit more practical to work with.

top topics

join