It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD department that investigated UFO sightings ‘closed’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Yes, this story has been covered...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if it's really the MoD's decision though....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Maybe the MoD read ATS and figured that there are enough heads on here looking/photographing that they dont need to bother anymore.
They could have one person scouring numerous threads on various websites and determine course of action.Or maybe even a response as to what the sighting could have been.That would be good,if it hasn`t been done already.
They shouldn`t shut it down though,i hope they reconsider as silent black triangles(or whatever the heck it was) should not be considered non hostile wth regards their location when spotted.

Adding that i used search yesterday am and no other thread of this nature existed.Over 24 hrs ago.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by tracey ace]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenman1

That’s interesting Greenman1, I guess if the whole camp saw the light and it was on radar, it’s hard to deny the evidence, something was at the end of that runway, and if it can’t be explained I suppose it goes under the title unidentified. There have been numerous sightings at air force bases over the years, seems the UFO’s are interested in our capabilities.

Apologies to the OP for the small hijack

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This story has appeared in many of the UK national papers.
Seemingly it was felt that the salary of the guy tasked with initial investigations was being paid £44,000 a year, could be put to better use.The money,has been allocated from the defence budget.
He has now been moved to another post.
It seems farcical that its being said that this money would be better spent by being put to use in Afghanistan efforts-looks like they really are counting pennies.
heres another link;

uk.news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 5-12-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Quote- dealt with by RAF fighter aircraft.

I don't think so. I have read about several ufo chases in UK airspace, and nothing came of them.

Both Timothy Good and Nick Pope have said that the idea that possible alien incursions into UK/US airspace is not a national security issue is just nonsense.

Is it just the fact that they know we are virtually useless (unless we have a secret organisation which is defending the earth, like a certain Gerry Anderson prog from the 70's) and they won't admit it.
I did see somewhere that the MOD had spent eighteen million pounds in one year alone on ufo research, so what do we believe?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Sorry, should have been eleven million pounds.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The money probably went towards making people muted who report these things.
I feel i may shy away from this subject as,well,because it is a bit strange and i have spoken to a few people who say very similar things and follow it up with a warning.
I think i will take heed of advice and stop searching particular areas.
Always wondered why people are so quiet from around here,yet everyone on the street has a story to tell,an experience,but it is never on the internet,always hushed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join