It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR: how to get over it while; Obe'ing/ Astral Projection/ Deep Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is a question that i feel is stunting my spirtual growth recently. All the sudden i feel a weird EERIE feeling in my room. As if a negative spirt, or something "EVIL" or NEGATIVE is in my room, somewhat around me or following me. The same feeling you get when someone is standing over your shoulder. Now as soon as i think that i think...i FEEL...i ANNOUNCE...

YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE, I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING NEGATIVE HERE, I ONLY WANT LOVE AND PEACE IN MY ROOM, IF YOU ARE NOT I DO NOT HAVE ANY REASON TO HAVE YOU NEAR ME!

It sudden feels as if it "goes away". Now somewhat recently i have been able to get into a deep meditation...i have almost been close to OBE/ASTRAL PROJECT. AND RIGHT NOW...about 2 mins ago i felt, as if i was about to LEAVE. and that fear creeped up into me, and i knew that i was NOT READY FOR THIS. If i still have 00000.1% of fear in my heart/soul it will not work.

What i am afraid of, is either
1.a spirit of some sort taking over me...
2.negative or evil creeping in me
3.seeing and feeling or being influenced by something of negative.

I do feel in my soul DO NOT even think of anything negative...do not think of "i dont want fear", because non the less i still have FEAR in my mind and i will attract it. So i tend to think ore of "i want only positive, i want only good spirts etc. (just an example)"

What im asking is...what can i do to get this feeling away, or to not allow myself to BE AFRAID to reach the next level? It is really weird because it was a sort of feeling that i got when my girlfriend recently moved in with me. It really has nothing to do with her influence of me being scared of a "serious relationship" or anything of that sort. We'll be talking amazing loving convos, and all the sudden i say I FEEL IT...something is here...i can sense it...

any tips? or suggestions?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
SImple enough - Do not allow yourself to be afraid.

What your doing is natural, you astral project everytime you dream and you accept it, your body knows its natural and you just AP, but now that your concentrating on AP'ing while keeping a concious miind active, thats whats freaking you out and projecting negativity.
You have to convince your concious mind that everything is ok, to the point that your UNconcious mind starts to believe it too.
I too, try to astrl project, I'm no expert there are many more people out there with what I can only describe as 'better' experiences than myself, but in my mind, I see it that as your about to OOBE, your unconcious mind panics and your body shocked into waking up and spoiling your OOBE.
Just relax and when your about to feel like an OOBE is to occur say to yourself " Everything is fine, I am in control, there is nothing out there that can harm me" You have to positively reinforce the facts that YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

Yes people will sya there are negative entities out there , same as on this plane , but you cannot do anything about them can you? Same as the astral plane, good and bad, you can dismiss the negative ones as you have started doing already, they are looking for easy targets, do not become one, say forcibly " You are not welcome here , begone from my presence" and they leave.
I have said that on a couple of occasions and they have not come back.

The only other advice I can give is, keep at it, practice makes perfect.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not kidding here...you can rebuke it in the name of Jesus.

It helps if you believe in the Lord though. I don't know if it works for non-believers. Maybe they don't even try?

Luke 10:12 "Lord,even the demons submit to us in your name."

My saying is "Fear the Lord and nothing else"!

(When I mean fear,it's a fear out of respect. Like the fear one might have of an all-powerful ocean or a terrible storm! A healthy respect!)

Nothing happens in life unless the Lord wills it or allows it. I pray you will draw near to Him because of this.

Evil forces are hard at work right now. It's a battle for your soul. You need God on your side.

That's all the advice I can offer! Good luck!

(P.S....It's that meditative state that left the door open for them to come in in the first place!)

[edit on 4-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ask your benevolent guides not to allow Dark entities near you. They will be more than happy to help, but you must ask.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Well as a non-believer I interpret this as you tricking yourself to thinking god is there for you.

In the end asking for god and creating peace for yourself has the same outcome. Whatever works for you, I guess

But for me, I try to rely on myself rather than to ask god for help (some call this satanism, I call it truth).

Anyway, back to the topic.

OP, I find that group meditation or with a partner helps.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have a fear of the same thing but it's not caused by any of the 3 points you made. My fear spawns from thinking my body can't handle what's about to happen and something might go wrong and I fall over dead.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by On the Edge

Well as a non-believer I interpret this as you tricking yourself to thinking god is there for you.

In the end asking for god and creating peace for yourself has the same outcome. Whatever works for you, I guess

But for me, I try to rely on myself rather than to ask god for help (some call this satanism, I call it truth).

Anyway, back to the topic.

OP, I find that group meditation or with a partner helps.

no...nope no believing in some booming voice to get me outta harms way lol. Moreso trying to figure out for MYSELF how to do it, and rely on me rather than someone else.
THank you all for your responses btw =]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just recite the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear whenever you get scared, and be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Here goes...

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Well,like I said,I was just trying to help!

With a diverse bunch of people here,you'll get all kinds of suggestions!

I sincerely wish you well. (I've had my share of "torment" in ways I don't care to mention,so I know what you're up against is real!)

You can always count on me to bring God into the equation! I'm a Christian. It's my job! I do it because I care,that's all.(Thank you for being civil!)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by kaskade

Well,like I said,I was just trying to help!

With a diverse bunch of people here,you'll get all kinds of suggestions!

I sincerely wish you well. (I've had my share of "torment" in ways I don't care to mention,so I know what you're up against is real!)

You can always count on me to bring God into the equation! I'm a Christian. It's my job! I do it because I care,that's all.(Thank you for being civil!)

Yea of course man it really did. Its really strange because i grew up in a Catholic Household..I didnt like how it was taught to me, had a lot of un-answered questions... anyhow this past year i got into Buddhism and its REALLY spoken to me. Its funny because threw THAT religion/way of thinking it helped me understand more than ever about jesus, and his message. Anyway in my mid-meditation last night i had the sudden urge and CRAVING to say "the our father" (i spell that right?)
it was so random and for whatever reason i just began to say it, and FEEL IT in my mind/body...it was def. different.
SO ya non the less your advice was taken before you even gave it. Interesting how that works out you kno

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

That is about the most greatest thing I've heard since I don't know when!

I say this with tears in my eyes.

..."Thy will be done"!...Amen.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I see it's been a while since anyone posted here but I feel compelled to add to the conversation.

I too have been searching for a way (ways) to get past those same fear issues as the OP. I am not actively looking to go astral but I would like to be able to meditate at least. I still have not reached the calm necessary to do so.

On many occations in which I've found myself in the astral there's been a sense of, impending presences of or a very real presence of an evil being. Several times I've fallen down on my knees in the astral and prayed the Lords prayer. Sometimes even in several languages. I was brought up as an atheist. I have read the bible and sung in church choirs however I'm not baptised nor am I what I would consider a christian. Far from it .

I find it very intriguing. Everything about christianity as an organised institution goes against what I believe. Even the bible seems off to me however there is something about the Lords prayer that works. The funny thing about it is that if you ask me to recite the Lords Prayer right now I don't know it. Just a bit at the beginning and some at the end but while astral it is second nature. Therefore I would not hesitate to use the Lords prayer when you feel any 'bad' presence. I don't think you need to believe in the GOD of the bible or any other GOD for that matter. I think it is something else at play. Almost like calling 'time out'!

I'd be interested to hear if the OP ever tried it or how it's going with the astral projection in general.

Love and light
IAmD1

[edit on 30/12/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I feel as though you could have started this with me in mind.

One time recently I hit it all really deep and my mind flooded with all the negativity I've read on ATS about the bad things that can happen. It really messed up a potentially wonderful experience that would have otherwise continued naturally. Even on most days its there at a low level.

I know these aren't my thoughts on the matter. They are stupid suggestions. At an early age when this would happen somewhat spontaneously they were not a concern and nothing bad ever happened. Thinking about it, even the fear of other entities in my earlier years was less encumbering than a fear of losing one's illusory self in the process. As a child, feelings were honest and had little if any elaboration. In other words, fear of a different sense of self was not there since the sense of self was less established. Fear of loss of established self also was not covered up by fear of entities through rationalization. Fear of entities was simply that.

Thus, more deeply and fundamentally I find a simple fear of letting go of my sense of worldly identity. I really hadn't dreamt that it was that powerful. On one level I'm ok with doing so, on another not at all. The individual self really, really does not want to be moved out of its comfort zone of the self-knowledge it believes itself to possess. There is a pathological identification of greater self-awareness with death on a grand scale.

So, it should be obvious I'm saying "ego" when saying "sense of self", "worldly identity", etc. "Ego" has a loaded quality in broader contexts so I try to avoid it when speaking generally rather than from a particular metaphysic.

top topics

join