It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you trust Jesse Ventura?... I'm starting to have my doubts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
ok...as it seems that my interpretation of Mr. Doomsday's post was correct...

will we just not trust anyone that makes any headway and gets on TV to spread our words to the masses?

I understand being skeptical, keeping an eye on Mr. The Body and all, but why even bother if once someone makes that step, we just suspect they are going to be used against us in the TPTB ultimate goal?

Valid point. But have we not been burnt already enough times to mistrust anyone who is backed by the MSM?

In this day and age there are countless online methods of getting your message out there. Getting a TV show called "Conspiracy" it just TOO suspicious - dont you think?

In this day and age we cannot blindly trust ANYONE until they have proven themselves worthy of that trust.

Dont get me wrong (and others too), i personally really like Mr Ventura. Think he's a decent guy. But i think he is being used and, in the end, it will work out for the worst.

Have we all forgotten how women's lib and the black power movement was hijacked?

Taken over from within to ensure the movements in question move in the direction TPTB desire?

As far as i see it, like The Body or not, he is part of the same process to curve the 'conspiracy movement' in directions TPTB desire.

Time will see who is correct - ill be happy to be wrong on this one

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
He joined the HAARP is bad band wagon funded by agents for
a better elite suppression of the masses.
HAARP is research to no where and will be shut down.
If the Navy wanted to contact submarines as Tesla said he
could do they better let the suppressed scientists have security
guards from the elite agents.

On the contrary, it was in the interest of the Government to preserver it, particularly as it would have made possible, to mention just one valuable result, the location of a submarine in any part of the world.

www.lucidcafe.com...

BooHoo Tesla could do it but why can't HAARP.
Are they jerks.
No, they know what NOT to do and waste our money.

Heeh Heeh, even Tesla said ONE valuable result.
There are just TOO many results from ether pressure waves
which we do not use at present time, and never will if the door
to the New World Order technology is not opened.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Why they have given him the time of the day?

MONEY! Quotas.
The entertainment industry is interested in everything that generates money for them.

That simple. No conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I find it disturbing that the cult of celebrity has invaded ATS. A lot of people here seem to be putting their faith in the likes of Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore. More on the right then the left. Jesse the Body joins the list I guess. My favorite Jesse quote: "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat".

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I like Ventura, but my girlfriend watched him on a couple MSM interviews (that I made her watch) and she thinks he's an idoit.

So I'm torn, I trust my own opinion, but I trust hers as well. So basically I guess I'm on the fence.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

It's the same reason why Glenn Beck says the things he says.

Very right...

It is funny you say that.....just yesterday my mother (who hears all my ranting for years) called me up and said-

"remember when you told me months ago that Glenn Beck would be making "conspiracy theorists" look stupid, by turning into a loon himself? I used to really like him, now he is crying and making a fool out of himself all over the place. What is happening to him?"

You people seem to forget what you "say" about the MSM and the Government as soon as the TV deliverers you something "related to your views".

They build an idol for you to side with...and then that idol is destroyed through his/her own actions as a raving lunatic.

Stop attaching worship to those presented to you by the MSM.

This right here!!!

You are presenting another side of the issue at hand.

I've always thought this was the main goal of Alex Jones and David Icke...
Alex jones acts crazy and David Icke goes too far.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
II agree with you. lived in Minnesota. Jesse Ventura is the biggest Fraud that ever happened to Minnesota.
He went down as the worst Governor in Mn. Record. He is the most self serving selfish person I have ever met. Look at his record. This guy president of USA, give me a break. He is all about Hollywood and his "Acting" career. He spent all his time flying out to Hollywood promoting himself while Governor and eventually moved out the the Mansion because his kids were getting into too much trouble having Drunken parties there.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't trust anyone, but I like Jesse personally.

But Jesse didn't play ball with the republicans when they wanted him too. He speaks out about too many issues for him to be a plant IMO.

In the Larry King interview, Larry King tried to bait Jesse into making himself look crazy, and Jesse didn't take the bait at all, and looked very professional. That is no doubt a result of being a politician at one time. But that is the kind of things that are needed.

Very few people would I give the kind of credit that I would give to Jesse. And I'm usually pretty good at spotting the BS in people. Glenn Beck for example is an obvious plant, who does stupid things to make things look bad in the eyes of the general population.

Jesse has not at all done that. They let him on the news, and he gives straight answers.

Why would I like him? Because he is one of the few people who speak from a place of understanding, rather than from talking points memos. He calls things for what they are and so on.

Until he does something wrong/bad, then I support him. It's funny, we see people screaming all the time about needing people to stand up and say things. But when someone actually does it, it by default makes them "one of them" or a "plant".

Personally I think this thread amounts to nothing more than an attempt to instill paranoia into people. Which is a typical political tactic etc etc etc.

In the end, you can't trust anyone 100%. Which is why you should stick to values and positions and put your trust into that rather than people. And if Jesse turns on those, then call him out on it. Tell then, it's just mudslinging.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Apparently the forum thought my post was so great, it needed to post it twice.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't trust anyone 100%,man but Jesse Ventura is more trust worthy then most celebrities we have seen him call a spade a spade.Is he in this for the money? yes, you can say the same about Alex Jones and others in various movements but unlike them it seems to me that Ventura is not a guy focused on himself.You guys want good spokesmen and we got one in Jesse and yet many of you are suspicious and then you wonder why Art Bell never did a tv show well,he was getting the same crap that Ventura is now.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I know what you mean. I don't know how he managed to slip through the net on to mainstream news channels. However, I don't think there's any negligent reason behind it. I think we should be happy he's somebody who's been in the military and been in Government and doesn't necessarily have a bias towards any of them when you listen to what he has to say.

Personally I think he voices some great points and he seems to be on the right track with the conspiracies I've heard so far. So let's keep 'em coming Jessie!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
really starting to have my doubts...

I do love Deberra Marsh O'Connor however.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Now that I think about it... my doubts have now been confirmed with this last episode....

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Even though his show may want to show the truth......

What money is behind his show?
Who asked him to do this?
Who is Ted Turner?
What is Time Warner?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the real question is Do you trust your Government

goodnight SHEEP.....and grow up

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He's an irrational fool. He gets caught up in conspiracy theories aligned with his paranoid delusions, and runs with them. The only reason people pay attention to him is because he's a celebrity. It's like Dan Aykroyd, but instead of UFOs it's HAARP. It's sad. People hear these guys talk about conspiracy theories, but because they're famous, the listeners think "oh well it MUST be true, as insert celebrity here says so!", and new believers are born, all perfectly happy with acting completely irrationally.

These conspiracy theories are to rational thought what flyswatters are to flies. It's disgusting. The more people believe in these, the dumber our world gets.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

He's an irrational fool. He gets caught up in conspiracy theories aligned with his paranoid delusions, and runs with them. The only reason people pay attention to him is because he's a celebrity. It's like Dan Aykroyd, but instead of UFOs it's HAARP. It's sad. People hear these guys talk about conspiracy theories, but because they're famous, the listeners think "oh well it MUST be true, as insert celebrity here says so!", and new believers are born, all perfectly happy with acting completely irrationally.

These conspiracy theories are to rational thought what flyswatters are to flies. It's disgusting. The more people believe in these, the dumber our world gets.

Wrong. If you look into Jesse Ventura he used to believe the 9/11 Commission, he used to believe in Global Warming. You can see this in his earlier interviews as Governor. He set out to present an objective view on Conspiracies and some are clearer to see through than others (like the show on 9/11 for example). I agree sometimes it's annoying it takes a celebrity to speak out before some people listen, but I am sure the majority of serious ATS users aren't that shallow. Just because he is a celebrity doesn't discredit him, and it doesn't mean he's necessarily presenting the truth either.

So basically, I wouldn't discredit the guy immediately because he's a celebrity. I'm not even too sure if he's that famous anyway. If you ask me he's got bronze set of nads going out there and investigating these conspiracies first hand after working in Government. Stop whining and be pleased that it's people like him getting the word out there rather than complaining. Maybe the real reason you are discrediting him because you haven't managed to debunk 9/11 and you don't find anything fishy about HAARP.

Jesse Ventura is a great guy getting his ass out there and asking the questions most people are too scared to ask. If you don't like him then fly out to HAARP yourself and demand to speak to somebody.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

Conspiracy used to be taught in history books as fact. Today they have taken that word out, to dumb us down. People used to know once, that people conspire, fact. This was when people where often educated better than today, lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
After watching the new show, I am wondering who he is the mouth-piece for. I was not impressed.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It appears we're in an endless circle of paranoia. We all got our information from somewhere, and it started a domino affect for questions. Now it's who to trust, why, what's their agenda? But who's to say the info that started our quests for truth was trustable? Is everything a lie? A coverup?

It gets out of hand quickly. I know my statement is a bit extreme, but that's the impression I get from here sometimes.

Is the true revolutionary strictly underground? Maybe there's a mole for us inthe MSM?

It's all so ridiculous sometimes. Let's trust our gut, here. Try to stay level headed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join