It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know when you are dreaming ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Not sure if it's the same but I occasionaly find myself unable run when I need to and that kinda makes me think it's a dream....

I then find myself completely conscious of the fact I'm dreaming and am able to move freely until the scene changes (like they do all the time lol) then I feel myself fade out again...

Quality feeling indeed.... I guess its kinda like bieng tapped into the Matrix lol...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I occasionally have lucid dreams, but when I do I tend to only have a few moments to play before I wake up. It is almost like your body realizes that you know you are dreaming and so it aborts the dreaming and wakes you up to start over. Is that normal?

Also, when I did realize I was dreaming and I try to interact with others in my dream, they seem to suddenly become dumbed down and are nothing but avatars that have no true intelligent interaction, is that also normal?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have had half and half dreams...where im still stuck in a dream but fully aware that i have woken up...yet can't move. It's like my brain is on dual display, where both my dream and my mind waking up and snapping back into reality are happening simultaneously and my body doesn't have a scooby do what is going on. No it's not sleep paralysis before anyone asks, i can tell the difference. I should say though that these happen when im not exactly sober(not alcohol induced though) don't want to get banned just sharing my experience. And i don't remember the whole dream in question,just the part where im stuck inbetween. Strange none the less.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the proper thread to post this in. I'm not even sure If I can post an image this large in a thread or how to keep the code functional (The mods will make me pay penance if so, I'm sure) . I'm still a n00b, bare with me. I had my first lucid dream (1 of many that were to come) only recently. In quite a 90 degree way, they've directed me into finding this site while searching for answers.

I don't enjoy having control of my thoughts (This sounds like a statement that would make most rational readers refrain from applying any sort of seriousness to this reply, but as fore-mentioned, bare with me. I am mentally stable... *to a degree*) I'm a very basic and somewhat reclusive person. I stick to my art and my music. I enjoy my hectic-loss-of-all-awareness dreams and my impulsive, erratic stream of consciousness . When I first experienced this awareness in a dream, my curiosity got the better of me. I'm assuming my mind reverts to some very basic understandings when I dream and these lucid ones have had me in shambles lately

My words are messy. My art has changed drastically... In a way, I want the control to stop. I'm hoping that this will lead me to some sort of exorcism or somebody will comprehend it more than me. If the full image doesn't work, somebody please hit me up with the intellect I am lacking. I apologize for any mess I'm making.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just know. When nothing is happening I can feel the changed state of consciousness and then I realize I am in a dream and have nothing to risk, so then I do insane things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join