It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SwiftHack Scandal: What You Need to Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The SwiftHack Scandal: What You Need to Know

enviroknow.com

First of all, this story should never have been called ClimateGate. Given the similarities between this smear job and the Swift Boat attacks on Senator John Kerry, SwiftHack is a far more appropriate name.

I’ve attempted to cover the major points of interest in this story. Consider this post a perpetual work in progress. It will be continually updated. Please leave appropriate links and angles I’m missing in the comments.

For your convenience, the following 10 headings each links to the corresponding section of this post:

The scientific consensus on climate change remains strong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I just happen to discover this article. For anyone genuinly intrested in the whole Climategate /SwiftHack scandal please for once with an open mind do go through all of it and then make your decision. I hope that is not asking for much.

This website article is the most updated article I found on this subject with all required links and sources. For anyone to research on it there is no better place.

In the end it is you who has to believe what is right or wrong and what is real or hoax. I will leave it at that. Would like to hear your views on this subject though.

enviroknow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I also found this which might be of interest to some:

With all the wild accusations flying around over the illegally obtained email correspondence from the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit, I thought I would ask one of the scientists in the middle of the issue to provide some context.

Penn State University climate scientist, Dr. Michael Mann, whose name appears in some of the stolen emails, provided me with a run-down of the emails that involve him. His responses provide some much needed context....

Source: www.desmogblog.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Interesting posts and thank you for giving sources that put the emails in context.

Unfortunately, there's no juicy, catchy, and partisan information splashed across an easy to read paragraph, so more than likely this information is doomed to get buried in the various anti-climate change threads.

Thanks for putting it out there, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

To be frank, to try and spin it as a "swifthack scandal" smacks of obvious deflection from the actual emails and such that were leaked and the "oh by the way, we erased the original data we were using" sorry excuse.

The two links you post don't do much to sway me. The first one starts to drift off into ranting. The second one by Mann doesn't give a believablity factor that I can sink my teeth into. It kinda sounds like some feeble attempts to say things like "well why I may have asked someone to delete emails, that doesn't mean they actually DID". That makes me feel so much better. It reads to me as a bunch of "that's not what I really meant" statements. I'm just not buying it, sorry.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Hahaha you may be correct about that but alas that is a thing that cannot be helped. Thanx for the reply.

reply to post by pavil

Appreciate your response.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The real scandal here is that this was intentionally posted as a breaking news item.

Just more partisan driven spin on a contentious issue where opinions and perspectives define which fabricated facts are to be taken more seriously.

Hopefully soon this man-made crisis will also be proven a fraud.

Until then, please keep it in the appropriate forums.

new topics

top topics

join