It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often is article 1 section 9 of the US constitution enforced?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Article 1 section 9 is the section of the constitution referring to how people of public office cannot accept titles of nobility from other countries.

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Those who would accept titles of nobility would lose their rights as an American citizen.

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them." [Emphasis added.]

freedom-school.com...

I was just thinking about how not too long ago Ted Kennedy got knighted: www.swamppolitics.com... This kind of action is unconstitutional- unless congress consented to it. When did congress consent to this action? Why did this action go unnoticed?

I found this website that has a list of people who have been knighted by the British empire: www.truthin7minutes.com... People who have been knighted include people like Allan Greenspan, Bill Gates, Steven Sphielbergh, Ronald Reagan, and other notable politicians like Collin Powell. Isn't this a serious issue? With all these people getting knighted congress acts like it's not a big deal... isn't this treason by congress? Not being watchful of those who are being knighted or not according to the constitution? Why don't they follow their own rules? How often is this enforced?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Like so many thing in our Constitution congress has torn it up stomped on it and completely shred it. They care not for there constituents only for themselves. Check out my thread title new world order freedom fighters. Almost all my threads are linked to the constitution such as Shariah law vs Constitution and many others check it out I think you will like it. Good post.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't want to in any way derail your thread, I only hope to point out the fact that TPTB operate on a "do as we say, not as we do" policy, and have done so for a very long time. I'm not even going to bother listing all the people within our government and fortune 500 companies who daily get away with things that the rest of us would be jailed for, because I know others will only compile lists to make mine look insignificant.

I know it's hard to open your eyes for the first time and realize that everything you thought you knew is smoke and mirrors.

All those names of people who were knighted are your ruling elite.
Scio Vestri Inimicus.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To parapphrase Nancy Pelosi "Are you kidding? Are you kidding? That is NOT a serious Question!!"

Seems no one pays any attention to the Constitution anymore.

They don't even care if Obama was a natural born citizen and they sure as heck don't care if any of the laws they pass are even the slightest bit Constitutional.

Why would they take away the rights of a US citizen when they are trying to give away those same rights to anyone who can sneak across our borders?

This country is too much of a mess to deal with unconstitutional knighthoods.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I know it sounds far-fetched but if you look at some of the people who have been granted nobility it looks as if the British empire have a watchful eye over us and are giving titles of nobility to those people who they want stake in. It's like they're keeping a watch on us and selecting the most famous people or very powerful people and knighting them so they can make them a part of the British empire and further their intersts.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They weren't ACTUALLY knighted... only British citizens can be knighted. Foriegn citizens can be given an 'honorary knighthood" but its about as good as celebrity getting an honorary degree. They are not dubbed, and they can not use the title "Sir". Such knighthoods are conferred by The Queen, on the advice of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, on those who have made an important contribution to relations between their country and Britain.

The intent of that portion of the constitution is to prevent members of government from being bribed/suborned by foreign powers.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech
The intent of that portion of the constitution is to prevent members of government from being bribed/suborned by foreign powers.

And who wants that?

I prefer members of government to be bribed right here in the gool 'ol U.S. of A!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by ashamedamerican]

top topics

join