It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the rapture coming?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Reply to Parallex:

What's the problem? You don't think Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to share their ideas?

And by the way,this is very MUCH a conspiracy.

If it's not your kind of subject,go to a different one!

What's up with all you Christian-bashers around here lately? Where's your "tolerance" for "diversity"?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

In the opening post, there is NO CONSPIRACY. It is a religious dogmatic question - fine if you are studying in an 18th century college of divinity - but on ATS? No.

Leave this diatribe out of ATS.

If you want to discuss a conspiracy - discuss why the mainstream media in the U.S. rarely covers the criminal trials of the many so-called 'pastors' and 'preachers' that use the baptist / protestant / evangelical movement to swindle their 'followers' out of money and sexual favours. Maybe it has something to do with the mass hypocrisy we are seeing?

Now THAT'S a conspiracy for you.

The Para.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Parallex]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This end times, hypocritical, "rich", church does not deserve to escape the tribulation and wont...
There is to be a "great falling away" or apostacy during this time, and its happening right now... Rather than listening to good doctrine, most will go to mega churches where they are entertained, listening to the same methodical rhetoric of political spin doctors.. Questions being ruthlessly denounced, "trouble makers" who ACTUALLY read the scripture, and DO what Yeshua says; " Do not call ANYONE on earth your Father(preachers,pastors,rabbis), for ONE is your Father, He who is heaven, and you are ALL BRETHERN (equal)... (matt 23)
"Do not call anyone on earth your teacher, for one is your teacher, the messiah", in otherwords Let G-ds Holy Spirit teach you.... NOT BENNI FRICKEN HINN!!! A delusion that can decieve "If possible, the elect", is here and does daily...

The church of Phillidelphia was taken out of the this moment of trial because thay were faithfull, and are dead, coz they died years ago, hence taken out of this time... This end time crap has to earn it, or "Buy from Me Gold"REFINED IN THE FIRE", (Rev).... I am not saying we wont meet Yeshua in the air, what i AM saying is that the church needs to get rid of satanic leeches that feed on their pockets, and hope, to reality, hence why Yeshua in Revelation said "Behold, I stand at the door and knock" that invitation was to each "individual" of those in the "church"...

Yeshua said plainly, "

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

"IMMEDIATLY AFTER," "the LAST TRUMP", ...If you want "sup" with HIM, you have to earn your new name..

In other words we are going through the crap... Get used to it, harden yourself, and bring many to the truth....

[edit on 093131p://f12Friday by Selahobed]

[edit on 093131p://f18Friday by Selahobed]

[edit on 093131p://f41Friday by Selahobed]

[edit on 093131p://f44Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming? So many people are expecting the rapture to happen
www.canada.com...

The question is the rapture going to happen? And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

The word rapture does not appear in the Bible but... it relates to the words "gathering together" in 2cd Thess, and gather together in Matt 24.

The gathering of the elect from the Earth will occur just prior to the wrath of God against the Earth. Anti-Christ will go to the Temple of God (that will be rebuilt) and enter it and declare himself God and exalt himself above every god and demand worship. When he is revealed as an impostor the church will be "gathered together" (raptured) up to meet the Lord in the air.

The people who are left here on the Earth will serve and worship the Beast, whose names are not recorded in the book of life, or those who have the seal of God such as the 144,000 of the Tribes of Israel. God will send a strong delusion on them all so that they will believe the lie so that they will all be damned who didn't love the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

In the opening post, there is NO CONSPIRACY. It is a religious dogmatic question - fine if you are studying in an 18th century college of divinity - but on ATS? No.

Leave this diatribe out of ATS.

If you want to discuss a conspiracy - discuss why the mainstream media in the U.S. rarely covers the criminal trials of the many so-called 'pastors' and 'preachers' that use the baptist / protestant / evangelical movement to swindle their 'followers' out of money and sexual favours. Maybe it has something to do with the mass hypocrisy we are seeing?

Now THAT'S a conspiracy for you.

The Para.

Whenever the subject of religion comes up, it is by it's name conspiratorial to atheists such as yourself. This discussion is of when, and how it may happen. The conspiracy is, is there a rapture or not. If you want to actually contribute your thoughts on it rather than just spouting all about the failures of people who claim to be Christians, let us all know. What do you actually think about there being a rapture, or no rapture ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
By no means do I call myself a christian nor do I subscribe to its beliefs.(Which I have mentioned dozens of times) However, I am beginning to see strange and eerily similarities in the bible and what’s going down in real life.

1.) The re-founding of Israel and capture of Jerusalem by the Jews.

2.) the Re-Rising and unite of the OLD Rome(E.U) Isn’t the Anti-Christ suppose to come from the E.U or Romanian Mountains anyways?

3.) All the talk that has been going on about a Global Government and population control.

There have been a lot of talks and discussion on here about TPTB and a global government. All of these thing have been predicted in the bible, I don’t know how to explain it away except for maybe God... I find it hard to believe but you never really know do you?

However on Topic of the Rapture, I have mentioned this before, but if A rapture does occur I'd look for it to be explained away by Aliens and a "Star Trek" Teleportation.=) Farfetched but hey A lot of things are now a days.

Please for those who have a better understanding of the bible then I do let me know if I’m in the ball park.

As far as the atheist and Christian haters on here, you guys give the rest of us a bad name, we expect everyone to listen to our beliefs we should in return do the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Whenever the subject of religion comes up, it is by it's name conspiratorial to atheists such as yourself. This discussion is of when, and how it may happen. The conspiracy is, is there a rapture or not. If you want to actually contribute your thoughts on it rather than just spouting all about the failures of people who claim to be Christians, let us all know. What do you actually think about there being a rapture, or no rapture ?

No, you're wrong. The subject of religion is NOT conspiratorial to atheists in THIS context - it is IRRELEVANT.

Religion is a very interesting subject - religious conviction, which is what you are talking about here, is NOT an interesting or conspiratorial subject and as such should be pruned from ATS.

You are asking me to debate a subject which is nonsensical. It's like me asking you - "When did this magic rock in my hand become magical? And is it going to float because it's magical?"

Again, I repeat the call - this subject is nonsense and needs to be 'culled'.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

No, you're wrong. The subject of religion is NOT conspiratorial to atheists in THIS context - it is IRRELEVANT.

Religion is a very interesting subject - religious conviction, which is what you are talking about here, is NOT an interesting or conspiratorial subject and as such should be pruned from ATS.

You are asking me to debate a subject which is nonsensical. It's like me asking you - "When did this magic rock in my hand become magical? And is it going to float because it's magical?"

Again, I repeat the call - this subject is nonsense and needs to be 'culled'.

The Para.

It was me you were responding to. This subject is nonsense to YOU and not to others. You obviously have no input on the discussion except to say things such as that. And it's not about conviction but about events as some may want to discuss. Conviction has to do with knowing you have sinned and that you are convinced of having sinned.

No one is asking you to debate. You could only debate if you have a position or belief about what is being discussed. It's all nonsense to you and so you seemingly are frustrated at there even being such a post. Or so it appears that way.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming?

no - now that was easy , the issue is do you believe me - if so why , if not why ?

And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

follow the money :

For $110 per pet, the website Eternal Earthbound Pets says it matches up Christian clients with atheists who pledge to go to their homes immediately after the Rapture to rescue and care for their pets, who are believed to lack souls and would presumably not be saved.

crap like this simply beggars beleif

first wolud a ` devout christian ` really actually want a " nasty atheist " messing with thier suposedly beloved pets ?

second - how the hell does this " service " ammount to $110 ??????? - just my opinion - but i think its called ` bilking the stupid religious people ` - but i would say that

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

The 144,000 refers to those who may enter the kingdom of heaven on their own merit. Only 144,000 in the history of humanity!

The rest of us can only be saved (spared eternal separation from God) by the grace of God (Christ).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by 2000 Yards

The 144,000 refers to those who may enter the kingdom of heaven on their own merit. Only 144,000 in the history of humanity!

The rest of us can only be saved (spared eternal separation from God) by the grace of God (Christ).

How do you know this to be true ? If it is true because the bibles say so then the earth is still flat ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Why would you say that? So anyone who thinks the bible is true thinks the Earth if flat? Your logic fails.

Back to topic. Whether the rapture comes or not it doesn't matter. If people are truly scared of a rapture coming and they become better people for it then all the power to them. I don't see why it wouldn't happen. I see many different cultures predicting death and catastrophe for the future, people read into them too much.

The whole message in the bible teaches about love and the coming destruction of humanity. If you focus on the destruction part, then your will to do things would be out of fear and not love. The bible preaches to do things because you want to not because you are scared.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Why would you say that? So anyone who thinks the bible is true thinks the Earth if flat? Your logic fails.
reply to post by Equinox99

I don't know you tell me, this business of rapture is from the bibles is it not ? If it is then it is no more credible than the earth being flat which also appers in the bibles.

If the bibles are true then both must be true, if the bibles are not true how do you know that rapture is true when flat eqarth was proven not to be true ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The 144,000 are jewish belivers, from every tribe, who have not lain with a woman, the remanant.....

As a messianic jew myself, with tonight being shabbat, im going to tell you if 12 (disciples) jews can change the world, imagine what 144000 would do??

Good shabbat my friend moocowman.. You are a good man and well appreciated.. You keep religion on its toes!! And Messiah came to do away with it!! And you dispell the myths to the truthe.. Which is Yeshua....

You may not agree with that, but what family agrees? we stregnthen each other, and as my bro i will defend you x

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

However on Topic of the Rapture, I have mentioned this before, but if A rapture does occur I'd look for it to be explained away by Aliens and a "Star Trek" Teleportation.=) Farfetched but hey A lot of things are now a days.

Please for those who have a better understanding of the bible then I do let me know if I’m in the ball park.

As far as the atheist and Christian haters on here, you guys give the rest of us a bad name, we expect everyone to listen to our beliefs we should in return do the same.

You're in the ballpark. And don't worry, there are plenty of Christians on here that give the rest of US a bad name too.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I almost wish the rapture was real so I could see the look on the fundamentalists faces when they're the ones left behind, lol

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Because the Bible tells us that Christ upon His return, will meet those who believe in Him, in the air. This plus all the descriptions of what could be spacecraft throughout the Old Testament, and in particular the earlier books where we read of wars in the heavens between "gods", leads me to believe there's a good chance that upon His return, Christ will be leading an armada of huge U.F.O's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join