It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Terminator/RoboCop, Here it is folks. Beware.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As technology advances, so will the way we enforce our laws.

Why put a real life officer in harms way, when we can put a machine who can take whatever punishment the criminals give it, and then some all the while coming out unscathed? Or, at least repairable.

The same will eventually happen to the military as well. No longer will humans be put in the way of harm, but machines.

It's the next logical step. We already have various UAV's and unmanned ground vehicles.

But like you, I share the concerns about what could happen if we replace a human operator behind the machine with an A.I. which will think on their own.

You could almost write a book about it. The machines could think us inferior and "outdated", believing us to be a waste of space. Cold calculation without any human feelings could lead to a mass slaughter of "outdated humans" to make space for more efficient machines.

Peace,
FK

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The second video was just a film project made a few years back.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 
Here is all you need to know!

It's an animated/live-action short that came out YEARS ago. It's by (or rather now owned by) a company called "The Embassy: Visual Effects".

How can people be so narrow minded before jumping to a conclusion... You can tell as soon as the video starts its CGI!

People need to research before speaking!

Um, why does this offend you so much? I didn't know whether it was CGI or not, so I asked others who would. I personally see nothing wrong with that. Does this somehow elevate you above all those who didn't know that this was CGI? Because if it does, I want to be a part of YOUR exclusive club. If not, then why make someone feel stupid for asking a question? And by the way, what conclusion did I jump to? I don't believe ever coming to a absolute on this video. In fact, I asked others to post their opinions because I specifically stated, "I no longer have any."

[edit on 4-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Your second link is a film called "Tetra Vaal" by neills Blomkamp (the producer of "District 9"), it was one of his early short films and is what brought him to the attention of Peter Jackson.

I have no idea how to get youtube films on here, so here's the link:

Tetra Vaal

[edit on 4-12-2009 by dogsounds]

Thanks Dogsounds!!! I appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cool robot hand vid.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs.
...But the first one, I don't really get what the big deal is with this one. Untethered it sounds like it makes as much noise as a jet.. but the fact that it can keep its footing on solid ice is pretty cool...

Yes -- the fact that it can walk is the big deal.

A robot that can walk at all is a big deal in itself -- roboticists were unable to create a good walking robot just a decade or so ago -- but the way it can keep going in a sure-footed manner is the really ncredible part.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Your a military unit trapped in xyz. Risk of death certain, and no troops available to bring you supplies.

Drop a half dozen of these things in, with the allotted weight in use, march them onwards.

No one dies, no fear, no change of course.

works for me, even in the preliminary stages of it's development.

still scares the hell out of me tho.. oO

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dogsounds

You are partially correct. But you are thinking of EATR, the robot designed by RTI. It is fuelled by biomass, but thankfully vegetable matter - not meat

I looked through the pdf and it mentions it needs 150 lbs of biomass for every 100 miles or km... It just sounds so complicated, considering the possibility the existence of secret energy technologies. Do they need dry biomass or is wet biomass fine?

It sounds dumb to me, like turning food into fuel, what's the point of this technology- as if we need more environmental destruction as these things go into our forests and jungles eating up everything

How would they operate in cities... there's almost no biomass in cities and some cookie-cutter towns except for you-know-what.

This whole project leaves a queasy feeling to my stomach, I don't care about sex bots, I'm all for sex bots- but killing machines? No way, and I hope God is looking out for the normal people who don't have killing machine fetishes.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Star for that video. That was really cool.

I am not so sure as you guys about the impending technology though. I just don't see it being capable of human reflex for a very long time.

I guess I focus more on the negativity, but what about this?

He didn't even seem to have been programmed to learn how to get up. I'm not sold on this stuff. They're all just toys for now. I'll still trust the m14s in the hands of our soldiers.

[edit on 12/4/09 by SantaClaus]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Fake, we haven't perfected walking robots yet, so I don't think we have perfected one like this

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
He may not get up the stairs right, but he can dance... The advancement of robotics is happening at a very fast pace. As new ways are found to improve co-ordination and intelligence, newer, faster and stronger robots will emerge with the ability to reason. The day they become self aware and self important is the day mankind will have to be careful.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
the japanese have had a child sized robot for a few years now it is very possible to have a robo-cop like machine working today a matter of it being public is a totally different story.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

You know that the air strike is the official strategy since WWII ?

Do you think it is any better ?

I don't know if you understand this simple fact , because nobody talled you to watch carrefully :

The two World War : was war of machines.

They only need a brain to direct them : because they didn't know how to construc an AI.

The first system to defend against air strike appear with the help of Norbert Wiener. See my post if you are interrested

Yes you heard , you read.

Human race/being have no power against machines : militarly, politicaly, economically, culturally.

This process began with the industrial revolution. 3 hundred years ago : so you should be prepared now !

About real AI : you will not get robot with real AI before long. This will be a big supercomputer with AI, before you will see a real robot with ai. (you can also watch some exosqueletton )

[edit on 5-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by OptimusBob
The 'Big Dog' looks like something from the movie Patlabor, but the second vid is an excert from a Neil Blompkamp (District 9) short, saw it a few months back.

I knew it !! I knew I'd seen it before. Indeed, and it also has similar footage from district 9.

Good call.

Well, the first one is real (Big Dog). The second one is CGI.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
okay i am into some pretty wild ideas and all that but that whole robot thing looks kinda fake to me ... it looks like it will be in a movie or something .... it would have been all over the news if they had a robot shooting guns like that

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xalaran
the japanese have had a child sized robot for a few years now it is very possible to have a robo-cop like machine working today a matter of it being public is a totally different story.

Other than your word, which you apparently cannot back up, you have nothing to show us?

I guess not, so for now I just don't believe you.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Other than your word, which you apparently cannot back up, you have nothing to show us?

I just don't believe you

Is google really that difficult to use?

Japanese child robot video
Japan child robot mimicks infant learning

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
that video looks so cool

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

yup, it would seem something with limb like appendages is the way to go for the next mars/moon missions instead of the clumsy rover types that get stuck

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lol I read this on youtube's comment:
FredMcWoozy:
Above Top Secret Members, your precious website is a COINTELPRO tool used to mislead you to believe this crap. The forums have been infiltrated with paid bloggers and govt spooks to mislead and suppress information and discussion. Do not be naive in your adventures, call out the corrupt ATS moderators and other dis info agents. Stand with Good while they stand with evil. Confront ATS management with evidence of manipulation that litters the forums.

lol, look like someone hate this forum with the passion

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join