It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currency is just energy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just re-read the book "Does it Matter" by Alan Watts. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. In the book he touches on how the currency, in America particularly, is controlled and manipulated by people at the top. He shows how this is an illusion, in a sense, and how currency is just energy. His example is something like this (and I'm paraphrasing):

Subject A is alive and has enough physical strength and knowledge to grow corn and tomatoes, and needs a bookshelf.

Subject B is alive and has enough physical strength and knowledge to build a bookshelf, and needs some corn and tomatoes.

They exchange goods, which is the exchanging of currency, which is really just energy derived from the actual energy flowing through these people's bodies. Just having energy and being able to work is having value, in an economic and societal sense. Of course, we all know this is just bartering, but I'm just demonstrating a point. With the paper dollar and our economic system crumbling and it being incredibly hard to find a job, it's like they'll have you believe that everything is falling apart and its doom doom doom and gloom. Is is really that hard for us to function together and form a society, as long as we work together and as long as we have blood flowing through our veins? Especially in the US, where we still have fertile and rich soil and able bodied, intelligent people?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
well, it open one eye - but this is like falling off a building with both eyes wide open and there aint nothing you can do about it. the beast reigns.

fr.video.yahoo.com...

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Haha, I know..so true so true. Watching the vid now. Jordan Maxwell always tells is it how it is...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have said before and maintain that currency does (and should) represent "labor". Not energy. Labor is the process of converting energy into "work".

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thats why we should stick to BARTERING and/or FAVORS. Meanwhile, this FIAT money they have us hooked on is running like DRUGS through our Veins. And we feel we cant do without it--or that its going to be taken away from us (Perish the thought)!

top topics

join