It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Tour: Call me Governer and only Speak English... Leaked By: Mall of America Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm not one to throw dirt at anyone... Well try not to anyway. I'm not on one side of the other, but when stuff leaks out like this I like to make sure the information gets out.

Source: AP

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — She's no longer the chief executive of Alaska, but Sarah Palin should still be called "governor." And in English only, please.

That was the message sent out by officials at the Mall of America this week, who told reporters planning to cover the Minneapolis-area stop on Palin's "Going Rogue" book tour they must address the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate by her former title. The guidelines also banned foreign reporters, allowing "only English speaking press."

Mall officials said the guidelines were a mistake, and apologized Wednesday to Palin for the mix up, which they called "an internal miscommunication" that was "inadvertently distributed."

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Back in the day... I used to write contracts for big bands and there used to be demands such as M&M's with all the green ones pulled out certain type of food, DVD players, etc...

I'm sure someone that works on her staff typed this out... not thinking about the demands and what kind of problems it can cause later. I'm sure they will keep a closer look on this stuff from now on...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Oh no, that is bad!
I know, I know, the video is edited to prove a point, but I have to cringe...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No hablo Ingles y realmiente no me importa lo que hace esta mujuer.

I don't speak English and don't really care what this woman does.

I'm still surprised people find Palin so interesting. IMO, her political career as far as winning the Presidency is over.

Is she merely a distraction while the GOP gets its house in order?

Do Dems feel she is still a legit contender?

I just can't figure out why people keep bringing her back into the spotlight time and time again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
shes terrible we know. this was allready posted.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

What's the purpose of banning foreign press (not that they're following Mrs. Unimportant anyway)?

This makes me want to go up to her and say, "Hallo, Ministerpräsidentin Palin! Wie geht's dir?"

I hope and pray that she quietly sails into the sunset before 2012.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but once you renounce a title, then you no longer have the honor of being called by said title.

Palin: "Governing is hard...I don't want to be Governor anymore...BUT you SHALL address me as such"

link   
There is already a thread on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It may be that she didn't want non English speaking press there because she only speaks English.

I don't have a lot against Sarah Palin but I do not think she is President of the United States of America material.

I like Bridget Gabriel as can be seen in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you see the video, you will see, she is very intelligent and has strong convictions about Americas sovereign way of life. No other candidate speaks so strongly about America - and this woman isn't even running. Perhaps I can convince her to run.

As for as being called Governor, it is common for former Governors and Presidents to be called Governor and President even long after they held office.

link   
So what!! She is a nobody, who cares what she says or don't. But anyway, nice slap on the face of Palin supporters.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That video sums up a lot of the right. Just keep drinking the kool aid. A lie told often enough eventually becomes the truth. I just love how the republicans had the last 8 years to screw things up and now they are ones trying to say how to fix it and their base is a bunch of morons that are scared because a black guy is president.

I hope Palin runs. The win for Obama will make 08 look as close as Bush V. Gore.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

What's the big problem with that? The disgraced NY governer Spitzer is still called Governer Spitzer or the "Former Gov" Again, what's the problem or is it just because she's Former Governer Palin? Doesn't it get tiring nitpicking every little thing this lady does?

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Who cares about sarah palin. She's an idiot. Will someone please tell me what this woman has actually done aside from making a fool of herself and this nation.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As I stated in the other political trolling thread on the same topic, it is important to read the whole article...

Mall officials said the guidelines were a mistake, and apologized Wednesday to Palin for the mix up, which they called "an internal miscommunication" that was "inadvertently distributed

deny ignorance

-E-

[edit on 3-12-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
As I stated in the other political trolling thread on the same topic, it is important to read the whole article...

Mall officials said the guidelines were a mistake, and apologized Wednesday to Palin for the mix up, which they called "an internal miscommunication" that was "inadvertently distributed

deny ignorance

-E-

[edit on 3-12-2009 by MysterE]

I saw that part in the article...I call it damage control...but call it whatever you wish.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That's the way I read it too... but to each their own.

2nd line...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The guidelines also banned foreign reporters, allowing "only English speaking press."

Guess that means that George W Bush ain't allowed!

Just a joke, calm down!

top topics

join