It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ET Comission' on Ballot in Denver, CO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ET commission being beamed to ballot?
Peter Marcus, DDN Staff Writer
Thursday, April 9, 2009

www.thedenverdailynews.com...

This is somewhat interesting. Not sure if it lends credibility to the issue, though.

MSNBC is mocking the story right now as a story that makes you say 'No Way!' However, they are, at least, interviewing the dude behind it, and he is doing an alright job stating the basics of the 'mainstream' cover-up theories. They tried to make him look crazy by asking if he had had a close encounter, and he said no. The guy held his own....

Local alien expert Jeff Peckman is out of this world with optimism. After two false starts — which generated national headlines — Peckman says he is ready to beam to Denver voters a ballot initiative that would create the Extraterrestrials Affairs Commission. The seven-member panel would be charged with collecting data and research to prepare Denverites in the event of a possible alien encounter.

Two city officials questioned Peckman yesterday on his proposal, clearing the way for the alien expert to file a petition and start collecting signatures. Peckman expects to start collecting signatures to place his initiative on the November ballot within the next two weeks.

“This issue of the presence of extraterrestrial intelligent beings visiting our planet is something that’s been of interest … and the amount of that activity is increasing,” said Peckman following the meeting yesterday with city officials. “The general public has been kept in the dark, primarily by the government and the media … and it’s time that we the citizens, as the highest power of this country, that we have sufficient knowledge to make our own decisions so that we’re empowered to make responsible decisions.”

Obama didn’t come through?

Peckman pulled a similar initiative from the November 2008 ballot after gathering the 4,000 signatures needed to place it on the ballot. He said at the time that then-presidential candidate Barack Obama was likely going to become president, and that he was hopeful that as president Obama would release classified documents related to alien encounters.

But Peckman says now that he is not confident that President Obama is committed to UFO disclosure, which is why he is again launching his so-called “Extra Campaign” on the local level.

“I can’t think of a single elected official who during their term of office had the will, or the courage, or maybe even the confidence to address this issue and to do it in a way that’s useful to the public,” Peckman said during the meeting yesterday. “And so my perspective now is that the last people to get involved should be the federal level of government … This topic is very, very personal to people, and on a personal level, they’re going to have to decide, ‘Do I believe in this or not?’”

He also didn’t collect enough signatures last year to get his proposal on the May ballot.

At the heart of Peckman’s initiative is a goal to disclose UFO “X-Files,” which supposedly include details of alien encounters here on earth and across the universe.

Opposition

But he is again facing opposition from an unlikely group — the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society — which says Peckman is making a mockery of the topic.

“We tend to approach things with intelligence,” said Matthew Baxter, a paranormal investigator with the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society. “They would like to get assistance from the government on something the government is covering up.”

“All they’re trying to do is gain credibility,” continued Baxter. “We have been researching their main evidence pool for over six years now and it’s all crap, it’s all fraud … I’m not going to say that I don’t believe in UFOs, that I don’t believe that they’re not here, because that’s not the case. But the case is that what they’re showing for evidence is all fraud. I’ve seen it, I’ve torn it apart, we’ve reproduced it — it is completely false.”

[edit on 12/3/2009 by skunknuts]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I heard about this this afternoon, it's something. I'm getting a feeling that we are going to find out real soon that we are not alone in the Universe.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion, thank you

Thread Closed

join