It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lorry Appears From Nowhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK I've watched this clip a dozen times and can't see where the second lorry came from at 57 secs. Can anyone shed any light on this? It seems it just appears out of nowhere, very strange indeed!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

All im gonna say is they need to sort that road out! There must be something on the road or it musn't be level for vehichles to be doing that! As for the lorry no idea!

The movie is cut into smaller frames for different crashes so could just be that!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It looks like as if they are 2 abreast (one obscuring the other as they come into view). The one on the left appears to be trying to pass the one on the right but fails miserably.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It almost appears that it hit the wall and the cab of the truck detached, then hit another car. Either way...I wouldn't drive down that roadway, wow.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looks like its coming out of the wall there.
I am not sure that wall is movable or gets moved, since it dont look damaged.
And the mystery truck appears with the front towards the other truck..

Funny ..

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
yeah it looks weird indeed, but it is the camera angle that makes the other lorry look invisible.

here, I made a simple example.

that tunnel is in Russia if I remember correctly, I don't know what they do there.

the long bus was funny though.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thought the wall or center divider. It was a maintenance/police pass through. Why did it? Must have been trying to avoid an accident on the other side.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i think grey magic has it right, seems to be in a blind spot.
if i recall the footage is from a notorious tunnel in russia somewhere, there are several videos of it on youtube, it seems the tunnel has leaks and water dripping turns to ice.
autobuzz.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This vid is a little bit clearer. Also bear in mind that they are left hand drive in Russia so oncoming traffic would be the other side of the left wall!

Crash is at 1:05

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

To me, it appears as if the 2nd truck comes throught the wall somehow.

Just before the accident, the wall is intact, and afterward, it has a gaping hole in the wall large enough for the truck to have come through.

It appears that the trucks collided head to head. The damage on the "invisable" truck seems to be on the left front and the truck is facing opposite the direction of traffic. I don't notice any damage along the box part of the truck as I would expect if it had been sideswiped. Only the cab is damaged.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The momentum of the impact makes the first truck veer to the left. This could only be caused if the second truck came through the wall area on the right hand side and impacted with the first truck on its right front fender area. I do not know if the traffic in the reverse direction is to the right of that wall, but if it is, it would make sense.

The second truck may have lost control while going in the opposite direction on the other side of the wall and drove through a soft spot or maybe even a gap in the wall and impacted with the first truck. The actual construction of the walled area is difficult to analyze due to the poor video quality.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Because all the vehicles are left hand drive one would assume the flow of traffic in the other direction to be on the left of the tunnel.

Plus what bothers me is it's on a bend, no way an access point would be allowed in the location.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hi,

You are correct - the tunnel is in Russia. In winter water seeps into the tunnel and freezes - all the accicents are caused by ice on the road.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join