It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-Holed Power or Anti-matter Fueled Spaceships?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Louis Crane has come up with an idea for an interstellar drive: black-hole powered spaceships, fueled by singularities made in robot-run solar power laser factories hovering just over the sun. It's fantastic science fiction, but unfortunately some seem to have forgotten the second word in that phrase.

The starship proposed might as well be called Enterprise. Imagination is incredibly important in all areas of science, driving us to discover and derive understandings beyond our own,...

feedblitz.com...

Of course the fictional ship is black, but who knows if it's fiction.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They are thinking about it at least... Take a look at this link from
Kansas State University

The black hole generator A SBH (Schwarzschild Black Hole in a quiescent steady state - a black hole that does not rotate ) could be artificially created by firing a huge number of gamma rays from a spherically converging laser. The idea is to pack so much energy into such a small space that a BH will form. An advantage of using photons is that, since they are bosons, there is no Pauli exclusion principle to worry about. Although a laserpowered black hole generator presents huge engineering challenges, the concept appears to be physically sound according to classical general relativity. A nuclear laser can convert on the order of 10^−3 of its rest mass to radiation, we would need a lasing mass of order one billion tons to produce the pulse. This should correspond to a mass of order 10 billion tonnes for the whole structure (the size of a small asteroid). Such a structure would be assembled in space near the sun by an army of robots and built out of space-based materials.

Also was discussed here briefly... Above Top Secret

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Thanks for the links, I missed your thread x2Strongx, had I seen it would have added this to yours and not started a new thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's no problem... It was in a different forum anyway and sometimes people don't respond to older threads. I'm not really particular about double threads just long as the information gets out...

Hopefully, you get a good discussion on this topic. I would hope more people would review the information that's there... Pretty interesting!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was always facinnated in the idea of being able to artificially make a black hole. But, I don't think I would be the first one in line...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They say the discs in the STS ufo videos are propelled by black hole generators.

Can't find the link... but it should be out there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great Idea

Would love to know the date of the paper however, I was at a conference about 3 years ago, and about 7 of us where sitting eating dinner, room full of Scientists from all fields, and this very thing was the topic of conversation.

I even mentioned the idea in a thread not so long ago, not that the table discussion was or would ever be thought to be the first time this idea was discussed, but you never know who is listening and picking up ideas, it was the LHC and it's possibilities that started the topic in the first place, I just feel for the person who first introduced the topic, he will be kicking his own backside, because he was talking about writing a paper that sounds very similar to what is in that article, and I know for certain he is still gathering the facts so he can propose it, or could have proposed it.

Goes to show how great minds think alike, or do they?

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ugh...And i thought the LHC was bad....

Anybody else think that though this would theoretically be a great idea, that it's a recipe for disaster?

new topics

top topics

join