It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you leave the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I guess, if USA ended up with a dictator, which it appears we are going in that direction with full support of the GOVT. then -- yes, the answer is yes -
I would do a Albert Einstien and vamoose ... only to return again like McAuthur. I would more than likely end up in Asia someplace. like Vietnam or Thialand -- Philippines -- Borneo -- Singapore -- whom ever will be accepting Americans fleeing fascism.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Amen! I really have yet to see conclusive undeniable proof to most of what is said around here

Meanwhile I live my life informed, but still fine

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah...I agree with ya here too.
I have a few Native American friends in Colorado, Montana and Arizona.... and all of them have offered my family and I a safe place to live if we ever need it. I never really thought to take up their offers, but now I'm thinking... Maybe I should really consider it...especially if things get a little out of hand in the US.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I still love this country and I'm staying. My father fought in three wars and I've never missed an election since I was eligible to vote in 1972...I even vote in local elections and special bond elections. I still believe in the democratic process and am a little appalled at the number of people on ATS who don't, who don't vote and still complain.

However, being in my 50's and having a few health problems, a former entrepreneur, I am completely uninsurable so I will be leaving this country any time I need any serious medical care. Even out of pocket there is no country as expensive as the USA for medical care. That pains me a lot. I know of other highly educated good citizens of this country who are facing the same problem because they are caught in that age between 50- 64, have lost their pensions, insurance and whose jobs - once secure have been privatized and now have no benefits or hope of getting insurance.

Maybe the government wants people in this age group out of the work force anyway and are looking to drain the savings and retirement of "baby boomers" with this lose lose situation. I'm still a patriot but this situation is making it very difficult for a lot of us. Does anyone care about the American "brain drain" I see coming?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am to proud to be an American to ever consider leaving this land that my ancestors have fought so bravely for. There is much blood spilled on this land, and there is no doubt that there will be more added to are fallen warriors. I am willing and fully ready to take up arms against all terrorist in this country be it of foreign or domestic as I have sworn to do so as and American soldier. My people will one day rule our land again that the white man stole. But until that day I will fight along side any true American of any race or color who believes in the law of the land as laid out in our Constitution. And for any citizen who chooses not to fight, they should flee now. For you will be the first people my bullets and arrows will look for. Cowards every one of them, say there American but yet refuses to fight to keep the dream alive. To support the constitution, and the true laws by which every American should live and die by. Then please get out, for we will not change to suit you, these are the rules laid down for all citizens follow these rules or get out before we take you out. We need no cowards here; we need innovators, educators and those who truly believe in a free society. Freedom is not free it cost, it’s paid for in the blood of the fallen who believed in this dream, this miracle of a country that was made up by the people for the people. We welcome with open arms all people of the world who wish to make our dream there own. But to those who wish to change us, or declare was on us, or have simply invaded us beware cause the fighters will always be here and always ready to lay down there life and the dream that we hold so dear to our hearts. God bless America and keep our troops safe were ever they may be.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If I had the means to leave, that would mean that I also had the means to find a quiet place and dig in instead.

I may visit other countries but this is my home, and I would rather die fighting than leave.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I made the decision back in the 90's, that when i retired for good it would be overseas. Just because it's more affordable and i won't have to work till i drop dead. I'll be able to live there on my military pension and the pig farm that we already have. Pigs are big business there. I have my retirement home built and live there a couple months out of the year already.

Once the last of the kids comes of age and leaves the house, me and the Mrs are outta here. It's all about economics.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

God bless you my friend and thank you for your service. I wish you and your family well.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Lets all move and bring our APATHY with us!!!!!

Lets ruin another country, why dont we.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest or concern to emotional, social, or physical life. They may also exhibit an insensibility or sluggishness.
I can truly say apathy would not destroy anything. By definition it is the lack of anything. In America we are just the opposite prideful, concerned excited motivated and without a doubt passionate. And maybe it because of this passion to succeed and to better ourselves is why we question everything and struggle against all opposing views. It is our passion that has created this great country. And it is passion that will bring it back to its roots.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If you are thinking of leaving the US, come to the UK for a few years.

It will make you appreciate what you have.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
reply to post by dgtempe

Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest or concern to emotional, social, or physical life. They may also exhibit an insensibility or sluggishness.
I can truly say apathy would not destroy anything. By definition it is the lack of anything. In America we are just the opposite prideful, concerned excited motivated and without a doubt passionate. And maybe it because of this passion to succeed and to better ourselves is why we question everything and struggle against all opposing views. It is our passion that has created this great country. And it is passion that will bring it back to its roots.

If you aren't already, I would suggest you get a job as a writer for some politician. Maybe Obama needs another one?

You have a way of taking a stinking pile of manure and making it sound like a hot bath.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join