It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processing Deer (Warning may be Graphic to some)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thought i would share this with you guys, its a very good informative video on processing and gutting the deer after the kill. Starts off on the proper way to gut the deer and ends up with the processing of the meat. These videos are part of Dave Canterbury (Pathfinder) series who will soon be on the Discovery channel with his own show in early 2010

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I love Dave Canterbury's vids.
They did one on dressing the deer in the field as well.

That guy has ALOT of useful survival tricks to say the least.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

yeah their great, he has a whole video library on about anything you can think of, i believe his youtube videos are about to wrap up now due to his contract with the Discovery channel

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
... Now thats a fine Buck... Lotta meat, tenderloins
... I hunt myself and at least half the pleasure is just being in the forest. Me and a friend have already got 2 does and a 4 point ... and in the freezer. What a treat to pull some out in the summertime ! Or just anytime. BTW we are in the North Georgia Area... enjoyed this vid...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not a hunter, but it's nice to have an idea of what's involved if I ever need to feed my family.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Awww field dressing isnt in the vid?

Once the carcass is gutted and hung it's all essentially neat and tidy.

It's spilling the guts and that first whiff of bowels that shocks the most
'newbs.'

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Yeah me either but i intend on buying a rifle within the next month or so and begin hunting next year if were not all locked down on martial law

But yes he has some great videos to watch on survival and many other things

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I already did a thread on this (with a billion times more detail) which includes other game as well and also includes the process of field dress.

Meat in the Wilderness - Guide to Preparing Game

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

nice thread a lot of good info there did a search for my specific subject did not find anything, good linking up though

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I posted this on another web site www.p2s-prepared2survive.co.uk... that shows the process of from the point that a deer is down in the field to on the table. This shows the field dressing all the way to the table. This has some pictures that are graphic.

new topics

top topics

join