It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this represents the views of an average American, then God bless America - The Country of Morons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by johnny2127

There are sick, twisted people out there. And yes, many of them are radical islamic terrorists that want to kill as many Americans as possible. Sick and sad, but true.

or, you could have put it this way

"There are sick, twisted people out there. And yes, many of them are radical American terrorists that want to kill as many Islamics as possible. Sick and sad, but true. "

It would still be true.

Sure you could make the quote that and some Americans would fit that mold. However, the difference is that those Americans do not feel it is their duty and religious obligation to do so, and that they will be rewarded in Heaven for killing these people. Additionally, they are not chomping at the bit to go over there and do this.

The hatred and desire to kill that is fueled by religious zealotry is a completely different brand of hatred than others. What you are doing is trying rationalize everything. You are saying, some people hate in every group, so they are all the same and equal. This touchy feely way of looking at things is both naive and incorrect. It is much the same as those that tried to rationalize and appease Hitler. Sometimes you just have to realize that there is real evil out there, and it cannot be rationalized or reasoned away.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101
yes these people are brain washed they are not allowed to think for themselves . if they did no one would get up from behind cover and charge an enemy thats shooting at them . they are brain washed so as to obey any order that is given to them. and the guy in the video is no different.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by jinx880101
yes these people are brain washed they are not allowed to think for themselves . if they did no one would get up from behind cover and charge an enemy thats shooting at them . they are brain washed so as to obey any order that is given to them. and the guy in the video is no different.

If you are really calling those that serve our nation through the military or law enforcement 'brain washed idiots' then you really do not understand or respect these people. If thats really what you think, you don't deserve the protection and safety their sacrifices provide.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epitaph25
Secondly, I realize that the generalization was not correct. However, if you are under the delusion that Americans are extremely bright people and are better than people in other countries, you need to reassess your beliefs.

No, I'm making the point to you that no matter where you go in this world you WILL have very smart people and very stupid people living side by side. To generalize all people of a nation and call them "the country of morons" is to utilize the same forms of thinking that have lead to racism, slavery, the holocaust, etc. It's called ignorance, and you should actually feel ashamed of yourself, ignorance is contagious so keep your mental sewage to yourself please.

Also, you seem tempted to not take responsibility for electing the people that run your country. A Govt is just as good as the people that elected it.

Nobody in this country can ever be accused of being guilty of electing someone to office, ever again.
I introduce to you, the electronic fraud box:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fca4030069e7.jpg[/atsimg]
I am under no delusions my friend, and if you think that any citizen in this country has a say in anything, or that our votes count for anything at all anymore, it could be you that's fallen for the American dream.

I will give you an 8 out of 10 for effort, this is afterall a fairly effective troll-thread, but next time you decide to start slandering an entire nation of people over a video you saw online, you might want to take a look at yourself and your motives before you volunteer to make yourself look like an idiot.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First of all, some people are saying that this an edited video, so i'm going to put the original here again:

Here it is.

I really liked what this Jeremy Scahill said after Peter Blaber.

Second of all, i'm really surprised that people can only see one side of the problem.

Many North Americans believes that they are the saviors of the Afghanistan, but what they fail to realize is that they are just making things worst for both americans and afghans.

Take this for an example. Think for a moment: if, i don't know, some american extremists not related to the USA government exploded a building in Moscow. Would that give a reason for Russia to invade USA? Or would be better for both countries to get together and find a solution to this problem? Well, let's say that Russia invades USA anyway. Some average american that have nothing to do with extremists still would suffer in the hands of a foreign army for something that he didn't do. Bombs or soldiers could kill his family and friends at anytime. Wouldn't he be "allowed" to hate the invading country?

That's what happening in Afghanistan. Most of the people there have nothing to do with the terrorists, but still they suffer the consequences of a foreign invasion. Many north americans (like the guy in the video) say that the terrorists want to destroy their way of life, but that's exactly what the USA army is doing over there.

I'm not backing up the terrorists here. I'm against any kind of violent conflict. I'm just saying that if Afghanistan was not occupied, i'm sure things would be better for both countries. Same goes for the USA backing up Israel and the occupation of Iraq.

[edit on 4/12/09 by Canslli]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Epitaph25

I agree with the guy 100%. So let whoever agrees let us take the fight to the white house. If we don't take them, they will eventually kill us all.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Epitaph25

I agree with the guy 100%. So let whoever agrees let us take the fight to the white house. If we don't take them, they will eventually kill us all.

Was that sarcasm?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One thing all Terrorists have, throughout History, no matter where they come from or what they do, they are always trying to get the word out to the World about their plight.

Palestinians, the IRA, even the Israeli Nation against the British, all of them, they all have an injustice being raged against them, this is one of the reasons the official story of 911 does not make sense.

The more you oppress a people, the more they want to fight back in any way they can, you would do it, I would do it, we all would if our Family and identity are threatened, it's one of the main topics here on ATS, and not everyone understands it, or even realizes it when they talk about fighting back against all the freedoms being taken away, we want to be brave enough & strong enough to take the fight to them and fight for our rights.

The guy in the Video knows nothing but War, knows nothing anymore but taking orders, when reality is and was the fight was there to catch Osama, it quickly changed into destroy the Taliban, and remove Saddam, and now what? they let Osama get away, probably protecting him, just in case he is caught alive, and begins to talk about his relationship with the CIA.

In one way I agree with more troops, but only for the protection of the Soldiers already there, overstretched and under equipped, but I hate everything they are doing under orders, the whole War is a sham, and should be stopped now, either that or get on and do the job they are doing without the chess game keeping it going, and get out of there, it does not serve the game TPTB are playing if it ends, they want and need the Soldiers there, strategically placed for something else, and I think we all know what that is? IRAN.

It saddens me when I see all of our Troops being given a hard time, but they have no choice, either fight or go to Jail, they don't wish to be there as much as we don't want them there, we need them home, their Families need them home, and with their minds in tact.

Until we find a way to get the message across to the Politicians, they will continue using and abusing us, you have to remember, Politicians only think in terms of 4 years, and the only way to stop them without fighting on the streets, is through the Ballot box, no matter what they offer you for your wallet, just don't let them represent you, and keep doing it until you get someone who thinks long term instead of just 4 years.

One of the biggest mistakes people make IMO, is thinking about what these people offer you, forget the promises, we all know that is just BS to get your vote, they offer tax reductions which never happen, they always offer something which seems to financially reward you, but isn't that just like them accepting a bribe? they know what tickles your fancy, they know what will get you excited and get you thinking of you, instead think of the bigger picture, the long term, what is given to you now, how will that effect your life in 10 years? because one way or another they will take it back.

Once they know that they wont have a job any more, they will begin to change their ways, if they don't then get someone who will, someone who wont whisper in the corner and sell your soul for their benefit, someone without the closet skeletons, who cant be blackmailed, someone who really does stand for you, and does not make excuses at every turn, who answers your questions without the spin or diversion, stick to your guns, and think of the whole instead of your little part of it, then and only then will we all get what we want, we can complain all we like, but we gave them the job in the first place, so who is really to blame? become a Terrorist yourself, but instead of terrifying people, terrify the Politicians out of office.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First off, I think we should all take a step back and realize that this man in the video was an ex-Delta operator. Of course he is going to be biased towards fighting the war there. He's seen more than most of us ever have.

Second, America is not a country of morons. In fact, OP, you're an idiot for saying that.

Third, thirty thousand more troops wasn't a good idea. We sent more troops in to support a government that over 60% of the country thinks is corrupt and not rightfully in place. So, in effect, we are creating more enemies in Afghanistan by protecting and enforcing a corrupt government.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealteamsix
First off, I think we should all take a step back and realize that this man in the video was an ex-Delta operator. Of course he is going to be biased towards fighting the war there. He's seen more than most of us ever have.

Second, America is not a country of morons. In fact, OP, you're an idiot for saying that.

Third, thirty thousand more troops wasn't a good idea. We sent more troops in to support a government that over 60% of the country thinks is corrupt and not rightfully in place. So, in effect, we are creating more enemies in Afghanistan by protecting and enforcing a corrupt government.

You missed the big "if" in my title. I don't think, America is a country of morons, unless the majority of US citizens think just like the idiot in the video, which I highly doubt.

Me might be an ex delta officer. But, his analysis of the situation couldn't have been more childish and immature.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
[sarc]Perhaps Americans are "Morons" because we don't have the same education system some other places have:

[/sarc]

Thanks to everyone who expressed well balanced, thought out responses to this OP. I'm afraid I didn't react as calmly. =)

edited to fix link, I hope!

[edit on 12/4/09 by preparanoid]

[edit on 12/4/09 by preparanoid]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The problem that I see and also as to why the OP is calling the people that buy the war rhetoric MORONS is due to the same sales pitch used to get our support for Vietnam and Iraq , even WWII and the Spanish American War for that matter.

Remember the old saying....Fool me once ....???

Remember the Vietnam war ? Did the North Vietnamese ever invade and storm our shores to kill our wives and children ?

Absolutely NOT !

.. but to garner support for that war we used a false flag incident, called the Gulf of Tonkin incident to garner support to fight the evil communists of North Vietnam. Evil communists who hated our way of life and thus we had to go over there to teach them a lesson.
To preserve our freedom.....yah right !

And what did we achieve over there after years of losing thousand of American soldiers ? Other than importing tons of pure Heroin from the Golden Triangle of Vietnam, creating a huge epidemic of Heroin addicts in the Inner Cities of America ?

Nothing.

Now with Afghanistan what similarities do we have with the Vietnam era ?
We have another Heroin epidemic in the US and Europe. The purest Heroin is from Afghanistan, so pure it can be inhaled AND because of it's abundance it is cheaper than a six pack of beer !

Law enforcement uses the term "Priors" for gauging criminals past
If you were the look at the US and their excuses for wars they'd be a repeat offender !

Thats why the OP is calling them Morons. Morons because they are so wrapped up in the Rah Rah patriotic rhetoric sales pitch that they can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Read War is a Racket...by Major General Smedly Butler, the twice decorated Medal of Honor recipient for the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
More examples of what we are talking about and why this is not a normal enemy. Sorry, but as touchy feely and understanding as you want to be, you have to realize that there really are people out there that want nothing more than to kill Americans and Jews. Sorry OP, but it is you that thinks like a Moron. Which of course is ironic since you are calling those that understand reality to be the Morons. Hypocrisy knows no bounds....

Let me know if you want me to post more. Of course the bleeding hearts like the OP will just ignore things like this, or somehow say they are the fault of the US.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I can also copy and paste videos from youtube showing negative aspects about any religion or person. This doesn't prove anything. Read the post above you. He makes some sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I can also copy and paste videos from youtube showing negative aspects about any religion or person. This doesn't prove anything. Read the post above you. He makes some sense.

Have you even read what I wrote above? I keep saying this is not about all Muslims. Its about the radicals. I said many times each religion has it's zealots and extremists. That doesn't mean that the radical Islamic terrorists out there aren't wanting to kill as many Americans as Jews as they can. Your argument makes no sense. Go ahead and post any videos you want of other religions doing bad things, it just supports my point about religious extremists. Although, I don't see even the most extreme Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc thinking that it their religious duty to kill all that don't believe in their God. None the less, your argument says nothing about the validity of what these extremist Muslim terrorists want to do. All of the countless videos, documents and eye witness testimony do though. You just want to put your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist though, and in the process belittle anyone that sees reality as morons.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You just want to put your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist though, and in the process belittle anyone that sees reality as morons.

You like putting things in my mouth, don't you? History has shown as that the Muslim extremists have a lot to live up to, if they want to come anywhere near the record of Christian and Catholic extremists. The Spanish Inquisition is just one example.

Yes. There are muslim extremists who would like to destroy the USA. But, we are doing everything possible to spawn even more of these extremists by ruining the lives of innumerable people in other countries. Ever wondered why they harbor such hatred for us?

The idiot in the video greatly simplifies this complex topic. It is this "They are bad, we are Good" mentality people that I consider to be morons. And, I think, these are in the minority in the USA.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You just want to put your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist though, and in the process belittle anyone that sees reality as morons.

You like putting things in my mouth, don't you? History has shown as that the Muslim extremists have a lot to live up to, if they want to come anywhere near the record of Christian and Catholic extremists. The Spanish Inquisition is just one example.

Yes. There are muslim extremists who would like to destroy the USA. But, we are doing everything possible to spawn even more of these extremists by ruining the lives of innumerable people in other countries. Ever wondered why they harbor such hatred for us?

The idiot in the video greatly simplifies this complex topic. It is this "They are bad, we are Good" mentality people that I consider to be morons. And, I think, these are in the minority in the USA.

And there is the rationalization and sympathy for extremist Muslims that those us that are logical have come to expect from people like you. Such a sad thing.

And for the record, the Muslim equivalent of the Spanish Inquisition happens everyday in the Middle East and has for hundreds of years. You want to blame the actions of American for that sort of hatred and evil existing. Let me guess, its also Israel's fault. You're one of those people aren't you?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have to work with people who think like this. They don't get that the next terrorist could be your neighbor. This war was a failure from inception. There will always be crazy people in every society. Until the very last human dies you have potential for a terrorist.

Killing the Afghans only breeds more hatred and more fighters.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The video is exactly same as the original. Nothing of significance has been edited from the original reply except the aahs, and ahems. Link to the original is provided in the video description.

I have heard quite a bit of absurd things in my life, but this beats them all. Majority of the stupid is always guaranteed.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Epitaph25]

That video was edited. Fail.

I'll listen to the words of a Delta Force Commander any day before I even begin to acknowledge the opinions of a Starbucks-toting liberal wussy.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I have to work with people who think like this. They don't get that the next terrorist could be your neighbor. This war was a failure from inception. There will always be crazy people in every society. Until the very last human dies you have potential for a terrorist.

Killing the Afghans only breeds more hatred and more fighters.

Actually the Afgans already hate their own children without our help, per the conversation I had with an Army Colonel. He told me during one of MANY "roundtable meetings" in Afghanistan, with the tribal leaders of a town, that he suggested the homeless orphaned children could be paired with foster parents in the USA and that this had been done with success. Mind you these are kids playing in filthy streets with no hope of college or any "normal" life as you and me have been so blessed with.

The leader of the town told him flatly they "would rather see their children dead than their children grow up in America".

After he told me this he just had a blank look on his face, and said "how do you deal with that? How could you wish for these orphaned children's deaths rather than see them grow up in a loving home?"

THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH. THEY CARE NOTHING - NOTHING - NOTHING - ABOUT THEIR OWN PEOPLE OR CHILDREN. IT IS ALL ABOUT SERVING "ALLAH" AND HIS WISHES.

Needless to say, those children are still playing in the filthy, dirty streets of a town run by sharia law - a town where a young girl that might have been a doctor, will never get that chance.

Let that sink in to your thick skulls

[edit on 5-12-2009 by ACEMANN]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join